Chinese-Forums

Chinese study group in Beijing

storyline

Sorry- I'm new here so my posts are subject to moderation and don't show up until approved. Apologies for the delay...

Should no longer be the case.

Well I'd love to meet you guys too, unfortunately I took the wrong plane (when changing planes recently, at the gate the next plane after mine was bound for Beijing :) )

If you folks get together around 2:30 or 3:00 Saturday I might be able to swing by and say hello. That's when my daughter takes a nap so it's conceivable my wife can watch her while I get out for an hour. Don't plan around this if Friday works better for you. I haven't checked with the boss (wife) yet.:wink:

hehe :)

The starbucks is right opposite the Lotus center, maybe you know that one.

You just take #13 to wudaokou and walk down the street, with the back to the U-Center (which you can see from the station). You just keep walking until you get to a major (!) intersection, should take you maybe 5 minutes. If you're at the intersection, you should see the lotus center on your right. Cross the intersection and you'll see the starbucks on the opposite side from the Lotus center.

Got the go-ahead from the boss, should be there between 2 & 3 Saturday. I'm looking forward to meeting a few of you. Should I bring my dictionary or will this be a mostly English thing? -or should I just expect to nod and pretend I understand what you're all saying? :D

Haha, your wife isn't from Shanghai, by any chance? ;) Nah.. just joking, I'm feeling with you ;)

I'd vastly prefer English speaking. But if you want to bring your dictionary to show us some of your favorite characters (I love 屡 :D ) then go ahead ;)

See you then!