Chinese-Forums

What was the last Chinese film you watched?

Chinadoog

I went to see "My week with Marilyn" today, and saw a trailer of a film called "春嬌與志明 ", which of course is the sequel of the film "志明與春嬌 ".

I did not see "志明與春嬌 " when it was released a couple of years ago, because I thought it was about smoking and I am absolutely not interested in smoking. But when I saw the trailer today I thought if a film could have a sequel then normally it should not be too bad.

So I've just watched "志明與春嬌 " on line. It is about the ban of indoor smoking. I think it is modern, smart, refreshing and very enjoyable. I would highly recommend it. You can watch the original Cantonese version here -> http://my.tv.sohu.com/u/vw/11553615

The mandarin version can be easily found on the internet.

Just watched a HK movie about this woman who because her family was displaced from her home when she was little this caused her to kill a lot of people when she got older, only to drive housing prices down and buy a place in the new building occupying the same location overlooking Victoria Harbour. Crazy lady, not bad movie haha

A couple of days ago I watched Lust Caution (色戒) by Ang Lee. It pretty much follows the novella by Eileen Chang (張瑛) . I loved the movie and highly recommend watching it. I won't say more about the movie lest I spoil the enjoyment of other people planning to see it. Its ending gives you something to think about--a feature I love in movies.

I had bought this DVD together with a few other Chinese movies from Amazon. You can have English or French subtitles or none at all. Unfortunately, when you choose the latter, you won't get Chinese characters to help you out.

Spy Kids in chinese last weekend. Great movie because the way it was translated, the jokes made sense in chinese so they localized the jokes rather than a hard translation which would have ruined the comedic aspects.

Would recommend to anyone who is at a lower level of chinese.

I saw 大追捕 yesterday. It was a terrific HK detective thriller. Intricate plot, with well developed main characters. Surprising twists and turns. English name is Nightfall. Directed by Roy Chow and starring Nick Cheung, Simon Yam, Janice Man and Kay Tse. It had been dubbed into Mandarin for theaters in Kunming.

I have just finished watching 大追捕. As the viewer next to me commented at the end of the film: 好好睇喔,有頭有尾 -> it was good, with a complete story. Highly recommended.

The bathroom fight scene reminded me of Eastern Promise.

I think it is quite unlikely that the 重案組 office would have such seaview, but hey it is a movie. :D

PS - Have they dubbed Michael Wong's English lines in Mandarin?

PS - Have they dubbed Michael Wong's English lines in Mandarin?

I think so, but now that you ask, I'm actually not 100% certain. I've read that his Cantonese is really bad.

He is such a despicable character in this film.

post-20301-0-38712700-1332053114_thumb.jpg

I've been OD'ing on movies recently thanks to getting library cards from three different counties. What got me in the movie mood was that thread with the long list of "art" movies. So I managed to see Last Year in Marienbad again. When i first saw it i must have been 16 or so--too young to understand the movie--and i may not even have seen the movie to the end. Now i would consider it a great movie. Also saw The gardens of the Finzi Continis, a de Sicca movie.

I also saw Farewell My Concubine. Fantastic movie.

Oh, i forgot! I also saw Un coeur en hiver (a heart in winter) with Daniel Auteuil and Emmanuelle Beart. Good movie. Emmanuelle Beart is extraordinarily beautiful.

animal world,

I'd highly recommend Resnais's "Mon Oncle d'Amerique" (My Uncle from America), too. An unique movie, if there is ever one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081176/

Mon oncle d'Amérique (1980)

Since you liked "Un Coeur en Hiver", you'd probably like "Ma saison préférée". Movies with a season theme. Haha. Well, season as a metaphor.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107471/

Ma saison préférée

Since you liked "Un Coeur en Hiver", you'd probably like "Ma saison préférée". Movies with a season theme. Haha. Well, season as a metaphor

I liked both movies. I liked Daniel Auteuil and Emmanuelle Beart (pre-mission impossible). :)

I think 槍王之王 is pretty good. I watched it on a plane.

Has anyone else seen 大追捕 (Nightfall)?

Just placed a hold on Mon Oncle d'Amerique and I can pick it up from the library tomorrow where Nanjing Nanjing has also arrived for me. Ha Ha. Haven't been able to locate yet Ma Saison Preferee nor Nightfall.

Thanks for the good tips!

Actually, it's not so much a feature film but more of a documentary of sorts. Has anyone seen Buena Vista Social Club? I looooove that movie and the music. The ending always give me tears of joy.