Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Manuel

QuickPinyin - Type pinyin with tone marks (portable)

DavyJonesLocker

The Google keyboard has it too as default but a little tedious to write long text. However for the people like me who use pinyin very rarely it might suffice.

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Manuel
On 11/15/2017 at 11:20 AM, DavyJonesLocker said:

The Google keyboard has it too as default but a little tedious to write long text. However for the people like me who use pinyin very rarely it might suffice.

I've read that several times but can't understand it. What do you mean?

DavyJonesLocker
2 hours ago, Manuel said:

I've read that several times but can't understand it. What do you mean?

When you type  a message on your phone press and hold a vowel. A small pop up menu will probably appear with alternatives. For  example  if i press and hold the letter a I see æ, ã, å, ā à á â ä as options. I use an android phone and the default keyboard is the android installed one. 

I also installed "Google Pinyin Input" app from Google play. This allows me to type in Chinese or English. If I press and hold a vowel I also have alternative options as á ǎ à etc. Thus I use the Google pinyin input  as my phone's keyboard as it allows me to type English, Chinese and pinyin (it needed,)

bǐrú shuō: nǐhǎo.

Manuel

OK that's great. You do realise this is an application for Windows, not Android, right?

skydivesiu

Thanks, man! This is exactly what I needed! You just made my life better!

Josue

Thank you so much. I was struggling with the problem of typing pinyin for a long time. I had a pinyin chart from where I used to copy the vowel with the tones. 

Manuel

@Josue have fun, and let me know if you encounter any problems 

sadelux

Hello Manuel,

after a long search I finally found this tool which can be used with a portable version!

Its really great! Thank you!

Rasmus

FLaST4ever

Fantastic tool!! You saved my getting-started-with-chinese-list 😉

Lzmpinyin

1. Could you translate the software into Chinese , Some Chinese people need it ,but some of them didn't now English ? 

2. With out the Arial Unicode MS  font ,The Pinyin isn't beautiful.

Lzmpinyin

This comment has been deleted

Edited by Lzmpinyin

Manuel
7 hours ago, Lzmpinyin said:

1. Could you translate the software into Chinese , Some Chinese people need it ,but some of them didn't now English ? 

2. With out the Arial Unicode MS  font ,The Pinyin isn't beautiful.

I once started translating it but I gave up because I expected most users to understand English. I can consider it for a future update. So far you are the first person to request this.

Some fonts don't display pinyin characters correctly. This is a problem with the font, not QuickPinyin. For example, font "Verdana" doesn't work properly.

5 hours ago, Lzmpinyin said:

The software have a bug

If I input "o" & "2" It will show "ò".

Infact, It need show "ó" it's wrong!

I can't reproduce this bug. I've checked the code and it seems correct, please can you check again? What happens if you use a different font? Thanks

Lzmpinyin

To:  Manuel

I was translated a part of this softwave, can I send it to you by E-mail?

Manuel

Hey sorry for the late reply, I think you did an amazing job translating the UI. If I add the Chinese translation I would need you to maintain it in the future, because my Chinese is not good enough. I would credit the translation to you in the About... dialog.

I'm curious—are you a student or a teacher? Do you need this very urgently or is it a "would be nice to have" kind of thing? At this moment I'm fully invested in two other projects so I might not be able to deliver this update for a while.

Lzmpinyin

To:Manuel

I think you are a Foreigner, Where are you from?

I'm a  Chinese , I perfer Chinese than English. I want to get the  QuickPInyin Chinese ver, that i can share it with my friends, some of them didn't learned  English well, so I need you translate it into Chinese.

I'can't edit your source, so I can only provide the Chinese translate to you.