Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

• New Members

1) What is your native country? Canada

2) Where did you apply? The Chinese Embassy in Toronto

3) When did you apply? Mid February 2013

4) When was the deadline? February 28th

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.

6) What program did you apply for? One semester language program

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Fudan University 2. Shanghai University 3. Beijing University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? Chinese embassy in Toronto

10) Where did you get your physical done? Not needed

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Used official transcripts from my university

12) Where do you get official Chinese red stamps? ???

Finally, for those getting results:

13) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? I was accepted for the scholarship for fall 2013, I was pre-selected

14) How were you notified? By e-mail

15) When were you accepted/rejected? Accepted mid April

16) What school and program were you accepted to? No clue

So the deal is I was "pre-selected" for this scholarship, whatever that means, but I have not received any word from being accepted to any schools yet. The e-mail telling me I got the scholarship tells me they will pass along documents to me in the summer, but I am getting a little anxious about the whole thing. Is it a possibility I won't get accepted anywhere?

• Like 2

@amanda92

Did you apply for Master's or PhD?

Can anyone answer me this; are the lists that these universities publish a list of accepted applicants that applied directly and applied through an embassy?

Dear Friends, I have applied for the Scholarship from Tanzania through the Ministry of education Of Tanzania in febuary 2013,any one who received their status through education ministries of their home country?

@Kanjiology - Thanks! Yes, most likely. :D Unless the CSC offers me the same city but a better university, which is doubtful. :D

I wish everyone the best! For those who will be going to China for the first time: remember to stay true to yourselves and remember what your objective is. Many people lose touch of themselves and their goals because of the distractions. Take care!

i have one more question about scholarship,http://www.csc.edu.c...?cid=97&id=2052 its written here that duration of scholarship for master degree is 2-5 academic year,but duration of master degree is 2 year,is that refers to if i fail in some courses during first year my scholarship will be canceled,or should i finish my master degree maximum in 5 academic years ? thanks.

@ Wallace187

Based on my reading and understanding 2-5 years are given because some Master programme are taught in Chinese and as such students at some institutions have to do 1-2 years of Chinese before being enrolled in the full master's programme.

@Lancelot

Let me try assisting you based on all the readings that I have done for the 2010,11,12 awardees even though I am not among the EU nominees.

1. The Chinese number is not written on the form or given to applicants as that's official. However, I would suggest that you try contacting the Universities you listed as your choice to obtain information on the status of your application. Many of the applicants in this forum have done so and were duly informed, try your luck.

2. Each country I am told is given a quota and should in any given year they exceed that quota the following year the number of candidates that can be recommended by the embassy will be reduced.

Trust I was able to assist.

Cheers!!!

@X junior

I understand that the numbers of successful students wh applied via embassy is lower than who applied via university

I applied for engineering and project management for master at hunan but I am suddent this programm is not existed at hunan university

Please , help me for searching about this programme in hunan university

is this programm is available this year at hunan university . Can any one tell me please ?

@ Haytham

The number of successful students are not necessarily lower for persons who apply through their local Chinese Embassy as opposed to those who applied directly to the university. Many persons I have read had applied directly to Universities and were not approved by the CSC because they are not on the list submitted by their respective embassies who's applicants I am told are given preference i.e if you applied directly to the university and not through the embassy who would submit a list with your name along with others for final approval by the CSC. The possibility exist that you will be granted final approval, despite you being selected/nominated by the university for the scholarship because your were not recommended by your country.

Additionally, there are instances where some countries receive very few applications from locals to the number of scholarships that can be awarded to that country which then leads to the CSC reducing the quotas assigned to that country until there are increased applications. ( this information was gleaned during my reading of the various posting in the forum by others).

Also, I assume that should you apply through the embassy for a degree that is not at the school you listed as your choice; the CSC will then send you to another that offers same. on the contrary, I would want to believe that if you applied directly and the degree is not offered the university will advise you accordingly and offer another.

@ X junior

You are very right because I applied through embassy to hunan university and harbin institute of techology for engineering and projects management

i sent email to hunan to inform me the results but i sudden with the reply ( dear haytham , we are very regret that you did not get this cholarship this year ) this letter from hunan . why ? is not this programm is existed this year at hunan university . I also waitting the reply from harbin institute of technology so please i need to help me . can you search on the website of hunan university to find that is engineering management existed or not because i am excellent student .I sure that the problem is that this program is not existed ? please search and reply as a help and thanks my brother

also , I hope to get a good reply from the second choice harbin institute of technology also search for this program on its website and tell me cause when i search i find it in harbin not hunan . so , hunan does not accept me but you can help me by searching on harbin to sure that is it existed or not ?

i am waitting for your help

@gift1122 thanks :lol: it's written that they will send admission and visa form by end of july,so i am expecting to receive documents in first ten days of august.by the way did u receive any mail from school about scholarship?my major will be imba what's yours?yes we can meet there during registration haha :wink: