Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

@caicaihuang

I had wrote to Chongqing university, my first choise.

They wrote me that I have won the scholarship but that I will be student of Chongqing university just in september 2014 cause this year I were select to go Nanjing Normal University (I didn't ask for that university) to study chinese language.

I have got nothing official from CSC but I belive what Chongqing University wrote to me.

For witch univesity you applied?

• Like 1

@frafei how chongqing uni will offer you scholarship for bachelor's according to university website chongqing will offer scholarship for only postgraduate not for graduate else uni have their own Chinese language program why they not offer you at their own uni???

Chinese Government Special Scholarship-University Postgraduate Study Program (CGS-UPSP) is established by the Ministry of Education of China (MOE) aiming to provide support in developing international high level universities and promote Chinese higher education brand on an international basis.

2013 CGS-UPSP of Chongqing University is now available for application for overseas students to pursue master’s degree or doctor’s degree at Chongqing University.

@NOK - Depends on your university. Some of them will create a bank account for you and then deposit it in there automatically each month. Others will ask you to sign for it each month at the International Students Office and they hand it to you in cash.

• Like 2

• New Members

@NOK, when you reach China, the school will ask you to open new bank account (might be of their choice, like bank of china or ICBC bank) then each end/begin of month your monthly stipend will be deposited in it ...

@shankhan32: i think is CSC new rules, especially when you choose central south-est universities, you study the one year language in the north part, then bakc to your your chosen major in your chosen university...

best of luck to All of us!

@shankhan392

I recived this email from CQ university:

You have been admitted by our university as the CSC student and we have sent your admission notice and visa form to the CSC. Please notice that the CSC arranges your one-year elementary Chinese language study in Nanjing Normal University prior to your major study in Chongqing University ....

So I'm I am a bachelor, I can go to CQ university but I can't study chinese in Chongqign but in Nanjing.

• Like 1

@frafei:

do you apply CSC through dispatching authorities (like China embassy in your home country or EU Window for those people who live in EU) or apply directly to the university? because last year when i applied CSC through China Embassy in my home country (Indonesia), actually my first choice of university (which is Jilin University) told me they had already sent my admission notice to CSC, however, sadly i didnt get the scholarship because China embassy in Indonesia just only have 15 quota for scholarship recipients, and i was rank 20 from 15. So unless you apply directly to Chongqing University, i think you better confirm that dispatching authorities to make sure you get the scholarship :) It just only an advice :)

This year i apply directly to 2 universities, Shandong University and Fujian Normal University.

Best of luck to all scholarship applicants :)

As roddy mentioned before about posting "has anyone heard anything", we will also be deleting posts asking "anyone hear from XXXXX University?"

These posts do not add to the discussion and mostly go unanswered. This is also in hopes of condensing this topic, so keep in mind next year's applicants as they sift through all the posts.

• Like 3

if chongqing university informing some of applicants about scholarship,they have to inform every applicants whether they get scholarship or not,or publish the list on their website,because when i asked them with e-mail about results,they said it will be publish end of june but when someone else asked about results,they replied with different type of answer.I've had with it these results issues tho.

@caicaihuang

Yeah you are right so I'm still waiting for an official e mail from CSC. I also know about people that was selected by the university but in the end they didn't get no one scholarship!

But I feel a little sure to get the scholarship cause the chinese embassy of my country told me that I was the winner since April when I had a chinese language.

Good luck :)

@frafei

I rang Wuhan University and the admissions officer told me that she had received my application from CSC and that they had sent an admission notice and visa form to CSC. However, I am still waiting to hear from CSC for official result. I am sure CSC can quite easily still choose not to give me the scholarship even though Wuhan have accepted my CSC application.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

@frafei - You are correct. Universities can easily accept applications, but ultimately it is the CSC who funds the scholarship. So everyone here should actually wait until they are officially granted the scholarship. This is via their dispatching authority, who officially announces it. Most countries have a set quota. Once, my country's government (they handle scholarships and they liase with the Chinese Embassy) told me that if they surpass the quota for one year, this placement is deducted from the next year's quota.

This means, if they have a quota of 10 spots and 20 applicants all get accepted by the universities of their choice then CSC will grant the scholarship. But this may or may not be in line with the agreement that there will be no spots for the following year. I'm not sure if I've explained that well enough, I suppose my country's situation may differ from others. But I'm guessing that's more or less the situation for many countries.

Our Chinese embassies have the power to ask for special treatment (e.g. late applications, changing of universities, etc.) so ultimately they really are the ones with all the say.

• Like 1

@wallace187 you are right i have also asked from uni they said they will publish at end of June and my friend in studying in chongqing university also told me that they announce in end of June this year their criteria change last year they publish list ist of successful candidates whom name being sent to Chinese government but this year they have not disclosed they directly publish the result after approval from Chinese government scholarship how they mail before to the students that they are sending the name to csc for approval???

Those who are crying foul about that their status has not changed should note that it will not change. All that is important is that you contact the international office of your university of choice to confirm your results. The first batch of scholarship beneficiaries had been posted

I received a full scholarship from CSC to study at Beijing Normal University a masters in world economy for 2 years. It was posted through EMS and i am just gathering my documents to go for visa from the embassy. I applied straight to the university.

That university has the best international students office. They are very helpful and responds to emails within minutes. Best wishes to all who are still waiting. I will keep praying for you. Love you all.

Dear all,

Today i got email from my supervisor:

Dear Hamza,

I have just comfirmed with international colledge of our university. You have won the CSC scholarship for Doctorate . So congratulations! They will send you the official notification of admission to you later.

But still i don't know when will the official result announce...............:(

• Like 1