Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2013

Brian US

As roddy mentioned before about posting "has anyone heard anything", we will also be deleting posts asking "anyone hear from XXXXX University?"

Similarly - anyone asking "is anyone going to XXXX University" - the answer is yes, of course, but they might not read this as scholarship students are actually a minority. Start here

http://www.chinese-f...iversity-index/

And an edit - anyone ignoring these requests may get a brief ban. I'm happy to host the CSC discussions, and this site is all about helping people get to China. But we're not interested in repetitive, unnecessary, low-content posts.

• Like 2

EG, deleting a post about visas. We have a visa sub-forum. Also, you'll need to check the embassy website in your own country - costs, times and processes vary depending on where you are.

With regards to the EU window

The EU scholarship results will be announced mid-July (8th-21st). This is in line with the previous 3 years where the results are announced sometime in mid-July.

There is really no point in calling Mr. Chen Gong at the China mission to the EU to ask for any information before this time. Calling in the next 2 weeks will be a fruitless exercise, wait until week beginning 8th July at least.

You can try calling CSC in Beijing but, as I have found out, its hit and miss who you get through to and information is not so willingly given.

You can also call one of the 3 universities you applied to and see if they received your CSC application and whether they accepted you for a scholarship place (i.e. sent your documents back to CSC confirming they accept you along with a visa form)

Apart form that one can only speculate & waste money on international calls (unless you're "lucky"(!) enough to live in Belgium :P )

Good luck!

• Like 2

Bagpipes good information. .....

First I confirmed my application was approved by university selection committee then passed to CSC.

Again CSc sent application to University & supervisor confirmed it. Now waiting for final approval from CSC

These information I got from shanghai uni. Wat u think the chances of result

I dont know where i will go D:

I got this message from science without borders brazilian program.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Greetings from China Scholarship Council!

We are pleased to inform you that you have been admitted by Chinese Universities to study in China under the Science without Borders Program. We are going to send the Admission Notice & Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to you which all students are required to provide the original documents to apply visas to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in Brazil.

The original documents will be delivered via a DHL parcel, so you are required to provide your current full address to us before 30 June 2013. The address information shall includes apartment/room No., Avenue/Street/Road Name, City, Zip code, Mobile phone and Email otherwise the DHL may refuse to guarantee the delivery of the parcel.

Please indicate your full name in the title of the reply email to help us identify your information.

Regards,

Division of International Students Affairs

China Scholarship Council

Guys I applied to HUST but my name is still not in their final list. Even I was nominated by them, well they send nomination email in two parts, 1st email was sent to 60 students and then 3 days after email was sent to 25 students. Till now they have announced 60 final winners and no news about second list :P I am worrying a lot...

My congratulations to all that received good news so far.

Guess i am also among the lucky ones.. i sent an email to Ocean University with the question about the current status of the applications.

Today i received the following answer :

"We have sent out your admission notice and JW201 today" ..as far as i dont misinterpret it completely, it means i receive a scholarship..crazy

• Like 1

Just to clarify. Even if the university has selected you and sent your admission notice and visa form back to the CSC, this does not mean that you will 100% receive the scholarship. The CSC will exercise final discretion regarding who will receive the scholarship, and in all likelihood will receive too many acceptance letters and accompanying visa forms from universities for the number of scholarships available.

I also was told that Wuhan had accepted me and sent documents back to CSC, but this does not guarantee the scholarship. Wait for CSC official decision and announcement is my advice, otherwise risk being crushed by misplaced expectations! :conf

• Like 2

Wallace, don't worry, what bagpipes wrote is for applicants who applied through embassies. In your case the final decision has been made and you have been awarded the scholarship. Congratulations!

There are two kinds of CSC scholarships:

1. where the university is nominating applicants (agency number used is the one of the university). If you applied, you have to wait until the university puts the final list on their website. People on the list have been accepted.

2. where the embassy/diplomatic mission is nominating applicants (agency number used is the one of the embassy). If you applied, you have to wait until the embassy or the third party representative contacts you. The EU Window also puts the final list of successful applicants on their website.

• Like 3

@bagpipes i understand your argumentation, but i´m not sure if it is correct for my case.. i received news from the university already in april that they sent my application to CSC with their recommandation..so i guess they wont sent something there again. So i assume that they received results and will now send all required documents to me..or am i wrong completely ?^^

• Like 1

Angelina is correct. It highly depends on who nominated you. If you applied on your own, then if they told you that you got the scholarship it means you got it. If you applied through embassies or your government, you will have to wait for the dispatching authority to officially confirm that you have received the scholarship.

If your embassy or government is the one who nominated you though, chances are you will receive the scholarship so just be a bit patient, because your host universities will send your documents to your dispatching authority and not necessarily to you directly.

I applied to hunan university but I don't received any thing do inform me that you are successful .However i choised the agency number by ministry of education in my home country so how about all ? i contacted this university now but he required from me to contact tomorrow at nine oclock why that ?

• Like 1

@Angelina thanks for explanation.

@gift1122 i got too.congratulation.

i got a question for those who has experience about scholarship issues,should i expect an email from school which indicates scholarship results and other process such as visa,registration or should i just wait for admission package which will be sent to adress in next month?thanks for help