Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

Yup. I signed it. Urgh. It bonds me for the same number of years that I go for. But for now I'm alright with the benefits. I wasn't allowed to take the agreement home and look over it though. So that was the downside. We had to sign it then and there after being given a few minutes to look at the document.

@shuoshuo Even though I didn't take the scholarship, those were the same conditions I would have had to sign with the government (I think mine would have been close to 4-5 years of remaining in the country to work). To me though, it appears that the agreement is really only good just to obtain the sponsored airline tickets from your government, given that the Chinese government is paying for everything else. From what I heard you're almost never permitted to take the document home before signing, which is a bit sketchy but so be it.

Naturzen - In my country, having signed the document before, I know that they just want to make sure that we return after the course has been completed. After that, they don't really care what it is you do. The worst thing I could do right now is to breach (quit before I complete). For us, it is not even the government who pays for the airplane tickets. The only benefits: an extra monthly allowance (as I've mentioned before) and if something serious happens back home, e.g. a close family member gets sick, then they will pay for your airfare to return home. Oh, and then I guess they will help you get employed asap as soon as you finish the course.

Jobm - I don't think you need to do it again. Mine is dated 14th April.

I had to do it again. They did not recognize the fact that I did it in my school's infirmary. They said they will only recognize those who have done it in a public/public hospital, not a school clinic :((((((((( I spent 4 hours for this physical examination thing and had to pay 500 RMB. >.< :(

Sorry about that Jobm! :( I actually did mine at a private clinic. Once before, they let me re-do the test (it was being verified at the school). But this time, I decided to take one step further from the school's scheduled test verification; I actually got my results verified before I left China. Ultimately, they only need the verification certificate to process the residence permit.

So guys,

I arrived Jinan safely and Oh my God, I love this place.

The University is so massive though I have not gotten the chance to go around. The foreign office staff are so helpful and everyone here in Jinan and at my university wants to talk to you and help you. This is so amazing.

My journey was eventful being the first time out of my country and continent. I took about 3 days to get to Beijing from West Africa (adding the transit time to it) but the 3 days were enjoyable as I met other students too going to China and other countries during the transit period and we all had swell time from moving round the airport to eating all manner of arab and European cuisine with free meal vouchers courtesy of the airline by God's Grace. imagine we didn't sleep all through the 11 hours transit period because there was no time to sleep; the fun was so much.

I got to Beijing and was welcomed by a massive airport. I did not use the transfer service because my supervisor already bought a train ticket for me. So I had to meet one of his student in Beijing who took me to the train station where I took the train to Jinan. Before leaving for Jinan from Beijing, I had breakfast with the student in Beijing (my first taste of Chinese food).

The speed trains are impressive. it took 1 hr 45 mins to get to Jinan. Again at Jinan, I did not go through any hassle as my supervisor also sent someone to pick me up and bring me to school.

I am now in Jinan and loving every bit of this place.

To God be all the Glory.

@Ladyferoz, I am so happy for you. told ya, I was rooting for you. COngratulations.

To other fello CGS scholars, congratulations toooooooo.

@Admin/Roddy, when do we get to help out the 2015 applicants? like someone said the Shanghai government Scholarship has started.

God be with us all.

One love.

Mazi

Congratulations ladyferoz! These times might have been crazy for you, but hopefully you can take the best of it.

I arrived at Beijing Film Academy last thursday. On Friday I talked with the staff responsible for the international and scholarship students.

I have 30 days to apply for the resident permit. They gave me a paper with the following instructions:

Beijing International Travel Health Center Haidian clinic address: 10# DeZheng street, Haidian Distric, China

tel:8204 3675 (working time)

Notice: \

1. Please bring your passport and ID or Entrance Notice with you

2. One two-inch white background color photo

3. No breakfast for physical examination

4. Working time AM 8:30-11:00 from monday to friday

5. fee: physical examination for international student: 380.70 RMB (please show your valid student identification or admission letter from an educational institute)

verification: 60 RMB per copy

I asked if the scholarship covered this fee and they told me that we should pay for it. And they will only give us the scholarship money after all this process is done.

The problem is that my classes starts tomorrow and today was holiday, so probably I will need to skip classes to go there. >.>

I am worried. My MoE wrote an extension letter for me saying that I am expected to present myself on the 11th of September for registration.

A typical flight from my country to beijing is about 15 hours without a stop or 20 hours with a stop. Then I have to get the train to Wuhan which is about 6 hours. I don't even have my flight ticket, and they said we will fly at about midnight "approx". I honestly cannot wait to get my residence permit and breathe because this is inefficient and stressful. I cannot use the BLCU service due to not knowing my flight etc. So wish me luck :/

Thank you :)

I am worried. My MoE wrote an extension letter for me saying that I am expected to present myself on the 11th of September for registration.

A typical flight from my country to beijing is about 15 hours without a stop or 20 hours with a stop. Then I have to get the train to Wuhan which is about 6 hours. I don't even have my flight ticket, and they said we will fly at about midnight "approx". I honestly cannot wait to get my residence permit and breathe because this is inefficient and stressful. I cannot use the BLCU service due to not knowing my flight etc. So wish me luck :/

Thank you :)

I am now in Shanghai. They bought my ticket and told me that I had to fly to Beijing then take a train to Shanghai. But I was already late as classes started this week. So I changed my ticket at the airport for only 30+ Euros. My first day and I already made a few friends, I'm glad!

I also haven't received my allowance (not even the one-time Rmb1500). One teacher told me that my allowance will be deposited directly to my bank account. I'll have to ask him about that one-time living allowance some time this week. It's times like these that I'm glad I signed the bonding agreement. The extra allowance from my country comes in early or on time.

Rumours of allowance increment seem to resurface every year. There was a time during my time in China, i.e some 6 years ago, the rumour was so strong to the point that some students even borrowed heavily to buy expensive stuff like scooters, LED TVs etc. I guess when they finally decide to increase the stipend, it will take the entire Central Politburo of the Communist Party of China to make such an announcement.