Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

Hey, does anyone know what we should pack (in terms of clothing and other personal items etc.) and would it be better to take hard-shell suitcases or soft-shell suitcases? I have no clue.

Also, good luck to those of you who have yet to hear any news!!!! 

Not sure if anyone can answer this.

I'm currently on an X-2 Visa that expires in I think September 15 or 17, Should I submit my X-1 Visa now or get it sorted once I get to school? I tried emailing BLCU but they didn't answer, I think I might have to send them another one

Eponym - Depends on which part of China you will be going to and how much money you want to spend when you get there. Which part of China will you be at? Pack stuff that you cannot live without (e.g. a specific facial moisturizer, medication, etc. you get the idea). It may take you time to figure out where it is sold or if it is even sold in the city you're in. IMO, things to leave behind: Books you never read (you will have enough books to go through when you start your course), clothes you never wear, shoes you never wear. Things you might consider taking with you: a frying pan (yup!) not exactly the cheapest thing in China, a large bath towel (why these things cost so much in China is beyond me) if you are into the thick hotel types, not the thin ones. Perhaps that's just me! :lol:  Pack sweaters and about 2-3 winter coats. They are affordable in China, but in case you do not want to buy any then bring the ones you have.

Remember: you'll be leaving China with more stuff so if you don't want to run the risk of throwing away stuff that's important to you or end up having to leave them in China then do not take them with you. This is especially for those who will be there for 5 years. If it turns out you need stuff you've left behind, you can always get a family member to send them to you later.

Grawrt - The student visas usually have a validity period on them from the date it was issued until around 3 months after that. So it only shows the last day when you are allowed to enter China. Within this time frame, you should enter China and then you have 30 days from this period to convert it to a residence permit.

• Like 1

shuoshuo, thanks! but im still a bit confused. I'm currently in china. Would it be okay for me to apply the new X-1 student visa even though my school wont start until september? My original visa wont expire for a while but I'm not sure if its possible to have two visas at once...

• New Members

@grawt you can just do what I did. I transfered my current study visa into a residence permit Already even though school doesn't start until September. As long as you have a certificate stating that your have to finished your classes for your old visa then your new school can just transfer this visa into a new visa no problem. But be warned, you must apply at least 7 days before your old visa expires. This way you have no need to leave China.

Grawrt - Oh I was in that situation once. It was a holiday and I had to extend my residence permit. You only need to fulfil the requirements of a residence permit, e.g. accommodation slip, physical examination form, and so on. Can't you do that now (if you live on campus)?

@ Grawt : Are you planning to go out of the country to change your visa or can you do that inside China? I'm in almost the same situation as you : I'm currently in Jinan with a visiting (F) visa that expires on the 6th of september and I'm trying to find out if I have to make a visa run in Hong-kong, Korea or some place else, or if I can get my student visa in China before going to BLCU for registration. They didn't answer my emails just like you.

@simplet: I really don't want to have to leave the country. I'd rather just change it inside China. My teacher said it should be easy since I still have time left on my original visa but I'm worried if I get to the school they might tell me that I didn't follow procedures and lose my admissions.

I'm going to try and send them another email, perhaps the last email was long. They answered my previous email but I think perhaps most of the staff are currently away. :( It's quite stressful. Please update me if you get any responses on this issue. I've tried calling them but it seems calling is a fruitless task.

Simplet and Grawrt - For such visa inquiries you need to contact the immigration bureau in China, not the school nor the Chinese embassy. Do not send emails or texts. This whole visa issue is a serious matter.

I was in a similar situation in China a couple of years ago. The visa situation was slightly different though (before they made the big changes). I was on a short-term single entry visa (less than 180 days) and then I decided to stay on for a complete year. Which meant I needed an extra 6 months on my visa. I decided this during the holidays.

The first time I went to the immigration bureau they told me I would have to exit and then re-enter China and this can be done in HK. The policy of 'if you are already in China then you don't need to complete the physical examination form' had just been implemented at the time so they told me I can't extend a short-term study to a long-term study visa. I literally pleaded with them (I had never done a visa run and I had this fear of doing it). I told them to allow me to provide them with any document they need and I will give it to them, just don't let me do the visa run. :lol:

So the officer returned with a list for me. I cannot remember what the list consisted of now...to name a few: passport photos, accommodation slip, admissions notice, passport and so on. I returned to the immigration the next day - I waited until I got the same officer (because she told me to return to her). She went through my documents and said "okay, come back next week to collect your passport". I spent the whole week wondering if everything would work out. My visa was supposed to expire a few days later, but as long as your passport is not with you because your residence permit is being processed at the immigration, it isn't a problem. Everything worked out.

BTW, I needed to convince my university (I found the head of admissions at the office one morning and begged him to give me an admissions letter and accommodation slip for my residence permit). This was not an easy task but I had to do what I had to do. I did this one month before the new semester started.

• New Members

@grawrt- I would suggest contacting your school and not the immigration office. They will tell you two completely different things and usually the governments answer will be much more difficult. I can assure you from experience that your school can change your existing visa into a new visa as long as you have a certificate saying that your current studies were completed. This past year I have been at blcu studying for a year and I received the chinese government scholarship to start a master degree this year. My visa expired on July 31st and the government said I would have to leave the country and get a new visa. However, after contacting my new school, they told me as long as I have proof I have completed my current studies and have all necessary paperwork for a residence permit, I could apply at least seven days before my current visa expires and they would handle it. I have already completed this process and school doesn't even start for another month. Just be patient with blcu, because they take a lot of breaks all day and hate emails.

@ Firashk

Do you mean the Mission of P.R. China to the EU, which gives the EU Window Scholarship? Because if yes, then everyone of us, who were admitted this year, have already gotten our admission packages since late July!! :shock:  Were you maybe in the second group of admitted applicants which was released later?

Moreover, did you try contacting them?

Hello everyone

Congratulations for those who have receive the results and got accepted, and for those who haven't, I wish you all the best.

Um, Is there anyone who study at Honder college Inner Mongolia university? I'll be studying Chinese for a year there. 

Would be nice if there's someone who studies there. 

Hi guys, 

I wanted to ask you 2 questions.

About students transfer service. it's available only for students admitted by Beijing language and culture university?

I got full scholarship of Chinese language program at University of Science and technology. I received a guide book of scholarship where was mentioned about transfer service, but it's not clear for me.

And another, I'm currently studying bachelor in my country. I should study one more semester, just 5 subjects to finish the university. In the admission letter is written that in addition to Chinese I will also study subjects in fields of my major, Business Administration in English. I know one student from my country who was studying in USTB the same as I go, and the local university recognized the subjects studied in China. Can you tell me, is it possible to finish university in this year in China?

Thanks in advance!

jonibol - The CSC through the school should cover your train ticket from the major cities in China to your university's city. According to one student here, their university refused to cover subway cost. But that aside, they should cover the train ticket. You will have to ask your current university if you can transfer your credits from the university in China (after you complete the modules) to complete the degree.