Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

Can anyone confirm how long the residence permit procedure takes? I'm planning to leave the country during the break at the beginning of October but kinda need to know if I'll have my passport or not before I book tickets. :\

I asked the school and didn't get a response......

@Shuoshuo:

these are the recommendations from university professors employed in the universities that i want to be enrolled to in China, means three professors from three different Chinese universities are are agreed to supervise me. they all informed me via email.

and those other recommendation letters are other documents which i will take form my local states university professors.

@anschrei

Wow! What a coincidence! :) In my case, I took Chemical Engineering for my undergraduate studies so I guess I'm slightly going to a different path.  So you'll be taking your phD there right? Hope we can actually see each other there! :)

I come from the Philippines. Been planning to take graduate studies a year or two after graduating from my undergraduate degree but it always got delayed until now (oh, the problem with responsibilities). Hopefully, I'll be able to finish soon as I also plan to continue to phD. 

Hi guys!

I have a question concerning medical documents which are required to obtain Residence Permit. Every report (i mean blood report, AIDs report etc) is in my native language, neither English, nor Chinese. How the chineses authorities will deal with them? There are no words about this docs' translation in university's or CSC' instructions!

@anschrei @tanhaste

Hi! I'm from Mexico and will study one year of chinese and then a master in Civil Engineering. I'm arriving on august 29th by night.

I already made contact with @jonibol on Facebook, hope we all can meet there by september.

Good luck palomilla.

Okay, so I received an email from the MOE today. They have asked me to visit their office tomorrow to discuss the CSC scholarship with me.  I also received an email from the embassy yesterday and they confirmed that they have received my passport documents from the MOE (I think this is necessary for them to book the tickets). Fingers crossed that everything works out!

• New Members

Hello to all members and congratz the winners of scholarships!) And gl to all, of course)
I am from Ukraine, Kyiv. I was enrolled in BLCU for 1 prep year and + 4 bachelor degree years.
But I have a question...I`m flying for first time to China, so I`m kinda worrying...
When i applied my docs for a visa in Chinese consulate in Kyiv, they've taken the original of my JW201 form...I was told that "the original needs to be kept in the consulate", and was given with 2 signed copies of it. Not only I gave the original of JW201, the others also were asked to give it to the cosulate oficcer. But when i looked into a "Handbook for CGS students", there was a notice that the original of JW201 should be brought to the registration oficce at the university. The girl, with whom i was speaking while standing in queue, said that "it's OK and I shouldn't worry, copies will be fine and noone will sent you back".As I said, I`m flying for first time to China, so I want to ask "experienced" students - can I register with just the copy of JW201 (I have all other originals - medical tests, admission notice, already have a visa e.t.c) ? I just want to know it for sure.

@Sayuri

The medical documents( as long as it will still be valid) that you've submitted for your scholarship application, will be the same documents that you will be submitting for the resident's permit. I suppose, given that they allowed you to use those documents for the scholarship application as well as the visa processing (I assume), it will be okay.

However, just to be sure, I would suggest you just bring with you an official notarized translation of those documents in either English or Chinese.

Thanks rashid1587. Although I'm actually headed to Shanghai, not Beijing.

Ladyferoz - I eventually replied to the email (I didn't reply immediately because I felt frustrated with them, and I didn't want to say something I'd later regret). But my response was simple, and it was just something like "nope, haven't heard from the MOE". I don't think the embassy did anything about it though, they just replied telling me that they had received my passport details but I don't know who sent it to them.

snowblinS - There is nothing for you to worry about. As far as I know, the JW201 form is for your visa. You will not need it anymore. When you get to the school, they will only need your admissions notice.

Yup, 6 months from the time you took the test. Unless you're able to get your validation certificate. In that case, it will be 6 months from the time you receive the validation certificate.

Went to the MOE today, I've received my documents. This week I will be signing the bonding agreement, and then the rest will be done before the end of the month. I haven't received my ticket yet but I've been informed of my departure date, which is in the beginning of Sept. All the best for all of you who are also still sorting out your documents and tickets!