Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018

pan.kasper
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

Good news: Visa aqcuired ✔️

Bad news: although my admission letter requested it, and I checked the right box on my application, the consulate gave me an X2 visa instead of an X1.

I can see why—there’s no point in giving an X1 to someone who is going to be in China for less than 180 days—but my letter specified the X1. (Which makes no sense, really). I emailed both SEU and Hanban to see if I’ll be ok with the X2. If anyone else got their letter, which visa did it say you needed?

• Like 1

@Katoo Congratulations, that's great news!! What are you going to study now? 

@MaxETit I heard that many people have their documents already. I think the rest should be posted pretty soon as well and they use the fast couriers so there shouldn't be too much waiting. At least that's what i hope

这波不亏,666。

Has anyone applied for the X1 visa yet in the UK? Just wondering whether they asked you for any things that aren't on the official list, otlr whether you ran into any difficult is, would like to avoid any hickups when I go there. Thanks 

I had an interview for the X1 visa this year. They ask me simple questions, what and where I will study, How I will pay, do I plan to work in China (obviously need to answer you don't). What was my previous study and why did I choose to do a second master degree. 

• New Members

I got a four year Cis scholarship. I'm waiting for my JW form and Admission from the host institution. I wanted to know more about the school or Hanban providing airticket to students. Who are the students to get this service. Anybody with the information , please let me know. 

8 hours ago, h.p said:

The lack of information from my host uni is killing me.

They didn't send me the requirements for the VISA yet and we are supposed to be there in like one month.

Have you received an admissions letter? If so maybe better to reach out to the embassy/visa centre in your own country to begin making preparations and go check the requirements.

yea guys, I'm also waiting for mine. I hope they will post it next week cause there isn't that much time left. But i'm sure it won't be much longer wait to get some update 

@MaxETit Hubei University 

@AaronUK They answered my e-mail today and said that my documents are being processed and that they estimate to pick it up after one week. I don't even know what it exactly mean, ? 

Since I have no VISA yet, I'm afraid to book the flights and something go wrong.

But I'm also afraid to book the flights in the last week and it be too expensive - I mean, I'm from Brazil, literally in the other side of the world.

• Thanks 1

@MaxETit awesome!! 

@h.p yea, i'm in the same position. In general it means that the documents are being processed by the local government and only once its done they can pick it up and send it to you. In some cases it takes longer and in some shorter, but it sure makes me really stressed about the whole process. 

I feel exactly the same about the flights, didn't book mine yet cause i don't know when will the documents arrive. Let's just hope for the best :) 

Have you guys add/follow your university's wechat official account? bcs my university informed us use their wechat account (broadcast message) if the admission notice had been sent out.

and you guys also need to know if maybe your university's sent using EMS (mine also use that courier) which usually takes a longer time than DHL/TNT.  I also tracked the delivery and it showed if my documents still on China after sent out on 24 July, while DHL/TNT usually only takes 3-4days to reach my address, so now I have to be more patience ?

Hope I can help you to calm down ?