Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018

pan.kasper
roddy
Message added by roddy

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Roddy

I also will probably try to move there by my own. Probably now i can afford less (like one semester) but as you said, our decision was already made when we applyied for the scholarship.... so it MUST to be done. 

• Like 4

• New Members

I really hope the results come soon because if I don't get it, then I am going to pay by myself and the deadlines for those paid programs are also approaching... I am at the 4th stage now.

Guys, I think I got it???

About 1 hr ago I was notified that I got a package by Fedex, which was weird since I wasn’t expecting anything...opened it up to find a Visa Application for Study in China form with Hanban’s stamp on it, and an acceptance letter stating I recieved the full 1-semester scholarship. So...check your mail, I guess??

It’s baffling because a.) my application is still in “stage 4” (not sure the stages mean much after this debacle) and b.) the mail??? Really???!!

So I’m confused and surprised but v happy I guess. 

my info:

-4/25 applied for 1-year non-degree scholarship. I applied to my CI’s partner university (Southeast University in Nanjing), with a 300 on the HSK3 and a 77 on the HSKK beginner.

-5/30 found out 1 year scholarships were full, panicked, reapplied for 1 semester within about 24 hours. CI immediately forwarded my application to 东大。

-6/5 application moved to stage  4(it’s still there?)

The past 2 weeks I’ve been falling apart from the anxiety of waiting for news(I admit I was too afraid to even check my status), so right now I’m just sitting here thinking there has to be a catch. It seems like everything to do with the “stages”

has been a complete mess this year. In any case, I hope everyone else stuck in stage 3/4 limbo has good news soon!!!

• Thanks 1

@Summerjaz Wow, that's truly great! I'm really glad you got the good news. If the letter contains all the documents, it means you can apply for the visa with it already. Congratulations! You should now contact your CI and ask what to do next. Remember to keep us updated :)

Also, I have a few questions if you don't mind:

a) Was the delivery you got a parcel or a letter? It's really important to me, as I'm moving out now from the place I put in my application as the place for my documents to be delivered to. If we were all to be accepted this way, my delivery might get lost or delivered to a new person who is going to live in my current room (I live in a student dorm). I will tell the manager of the building to look out for any deliveries for me, but if that was just a letter it could be easily overlooked and just thrown to the mailbox, whereas with the parcel they would just keep it for me.

b) Did Fedex notify that they have a delivery for you or they just dropped it and left?

c) Does the letter say when it was shipped? That would give us information when Hanban decided to give you a scholarship. Also, do you live in China now? Cause that would explain how it got to you so quick.

d) Was the delivery sent by the university or Hanban headquarters?

• Good question! 1

@pan.kasper a) it was a big flat parcel, too big to fit into a mail slot, with just those 2 sheets of paper and nothing else. But it required my signature to be released, since it was an international shipment, so I don’t think yours could be delivered to the wrong person. 

b) i got a message from fedex telling me I had a “package” that I needed to pickup, both on my phone and taped to my front door. They had tried to deliver I guess, but I wasn’t home at the time.

c) it was shipped on 6/29 rush delivery. I live in the middle of the US, so really it got here VERY fast. 

@crisgee@Suntory thank you! I really hope more people get good news, hopefully this means that still being on stage 4 is a positive sign ?

• Like 1

@pan.kasper oops, missed the last question. It only shows that it was shipped out of Shanghai by a company I’ve never heard of, which made me even more confused lol. Nanjing is pretty close to Shanghai so it’s possible this was sent by the school. 东大 stamped my acceptance letter, while Hanban stamped the visa application form.