Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

According to 2016 Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Procedure Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students is open to Confucius Institute (Classroom) students, overseas Chinese language teachers, Chinese language major students and excellent performers in HSK test.

I want to ask, how can I apply if I belong to the last category? Anyone tried this way?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this question might seem silly, but I am just about to submit my application for 2017 spring semester, and I was wondering how you guys uploded your signature? I should just sign a piece of paper and upload it or I upload my passport again hence it has my signature? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hello, I've got a question.

I was applying for the scolarship and was awarded from September 2016. Unfortunately, I went to the hospital and couldn't go. Now, can I again try to apply for the March 2017 scolarship? Are there any date limits?

Thanks for the answers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@艾墨本 I think you can.

Also, does anyone know if you can apply twice in the same application period? I mean, if I apply for a one-year scholarship starting in march but don't get accepted can I apply again for a one-semester one also starting in March? I only scored 228 at HSK (I took it after barely more than a semester of learning chinese), so I think I would be accpeted for a one-semester one but I really would like a one-year scholarship even though I have close to zero chance to get one with my score. :(

• 2 weeks later...

@Gaudeama Which HSK test did you take? And did you also take the HSKK? If so which level and how did you score? Unfortunately I don't think you can, because by the time you receive your rejection notice it will be past the deadline to apply. But, you could apply for a one semester scholarship and then apply for another one semester scholarship as there are two application intakes a year. If I were you, I would apply for the one-semester scholarship. If you barely manage to scrape through to the bottom of the list of one-year scholarship awardees, you're likely to not enjoy your experience at whatever university you get placed into (likely not to be your first two choices).

Guys,

I got 261 on the HSK3 and 86 on the HSKK 初级. How competitive does this make me? I will be applying with a recommendation letter from LaTrobe University Confucius Institute which is affiliated with Chongqing University. If I apply to Chongqing University I will be very likely to get in there and the teacher is also happy to recommend me to any other university. I'm a bit adverse to the hot weather and the strongly accented and dialectical language spoken on the streets in Chongqing. What would be the most competitive university that I stand a chance of being accepted into? I would love to study in Hangzhou so that I could regularly visit the beautiful West Lake District. Could I get into Zhe Da or perhaps Hangzhou Normal University?

Honestly, no one has any idea how they determine "competitiveness" for theses scholarships. That's because it's never been stated. We all just stumble through it all and assume "more is better." A lot of it seems like just contacting the university, expressing interest, and making connections with the right people. 

Edit: I was told that applying as early as possible makes you more likely to get in. The application for next year opens in March. Have all your stuff ready before then and apply the day it opens.

• Like 1

Edit: I was told that applying as early as possible makes you more likely to get in. The application for next year opens in March. Have all your stuff ready before then and apply the day it opens.

I'm applying now for the March intake rather than next year's September intake. I suspect that many universities cannot accept people into the March intake. I might be wrong, but it's an important consideration to make.

I know that Chongqing University accepts students into their March intake because I'm applying through the Confucius Institute of Chongqing University at Latrobe University.

I've hit a nasty road block. The Confucius Institute teacher at Latrobe University Dong Pringrong cannot find my information in the system. He sent me an email 2 days ago saying "I presume you haven't uploaded any documents so far because I can't find any information about your passport, your VCE, and your HSK and HSKK Examination Score Reports on the website cis.chinese.cn."

I assured him I uploaded all the documents and chosen his Conficus Institute 拉筹伯大学孔子学院 as the recommending institute. He checked again, and can see other students' applications, but still could not find my information. He checked again today, and still could not find me.

He says there's no problem with Hanban's website because he can see some other students' applications.

Today, I reuploaded all of my documents afresh and sent Pingrong the preview of my application form, saying that if he still can't find me in the system then it really is the application website system's problem. I'll call Pingrong using Skype first thing tomorrow morning to see what he says.

@LinZhenPu Thanks for the help, I'll decided to apply for one-semester

On the other hand, I have another problem: I can't apply for the 2017 spring semester with my old account beacause it's still showing my previous (declined) application, yet when I try to register a new account, I get the error message saying that my passport number is already in their system, so I can't make a new account with my current passport(makes sense to be honest).

So what can I do now? How can I get a new application number for my old account? It seems to me that it is the reason causing my current problem...

Login to your old account and change the passport number to 0.

It might be fruitless for applying for the 2017 Spring semester. My Confucius Institute teacher who is now in China attending meetings has been told that applications are now closed for Spring 2017. They have most likely been closed for quite a while.

Hi Everyone!
I'm new here and I guess there were others who already asked this (I didn't read all the 100 pages), so I'm asking it anyways.

Is there anybody who applied for the One Year+MTCSOL? I want to apply for that next year (starting from September), but neither my teachers nor the official page has the info I need. Is it worth applying for this scholarship? Is there anything that I should know before applying? I also wish to know some things about the basic teaching (MTCSOL) courses, the classes and whether there is an "internship" as well, like if students have to teach to practice, and so on.
Ah and I'm thinking about applying for the Beijing Language University (北京语言大学). 
Thank you so much in advance!

• Like 1

I'm also considering apply for the one year+mtcsol, but at 北师大. The information about what the classes are like is very hard to come by. I tried looking for a wechat group about it and failed but maybe there is one for 北京语言大学。

I'll be going to the physical school in another month to try to get my questions answer. While it isn't the school you are interested in, are there any questions I might be able to ask on your behalf? As is, I'll most certainly be asking the questions you've already listed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not yet. I'll be going to the school around January 20th. A friend has connected me with a teacher there and the teacher said the administration will still be at school then so I can go get a tour and ask some questions. 

Edit: Found this post on a blog about the course load - http://sarajaaksola.com/masters-degree-in-teaching-chinese/

Also found an old post about the Confucius Scholarship MTCSOL program. Reviews were not good. Maybe I should consider doing this through CSC.