Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

So my corrected JW202 has finally arrived (the first one they got my birthday wrong, so I had to wait another 10 days or so for a replacement), and now I'm looking at the instructions for the consulate that covers the Southeastern United States. According to what I'm seeing here (http://www.china-embassy.org/eng/hzqz/zgqz/t84243.htm) which, granted, is from 2008, I can't mail my application to the consulate? I either have to apply in person (not an option, really) or go through an agency. Is that still the case? What a hassle.

Hi and good day everyone, my name is Jabri and I from Malaysia. I've got a questions, I've heard that there will be an oppurtunity to apply for CIS on September 2016 and March 2017, the questions in my mind is :

1. If I wanted to get enrolled in March 2017, when should be the latest month I should be taking HSK & HSKK exam ? (considering the results annoucement)

2. If I only take the HSK and HSKK level 2 exam, is there chances for me apply for the scholarship ?

Really appreciate If anyone could answer my questions, I've tried asking the CI in my country and they asked me to read on the CI website and seems like they too are not really familiar with the process. I guess they only help run the exam and send the recommended applicants name to Hanban, that's it. :( 

@jabri93 well first thing first,what scholarship are you planning to take? Is that a 1 semester or 1 academic year of study? Or the master program (cmiiw)

And then your CI is right, you can actually read in the CI website about ur scholarship, they named the requirements exactly on the website, including the HSK requirements.

And by the way, it takes actually a month for a HSK results to be sent right to your house.

@hoshinoumi

Happy you finally received your docs, but what luck you have for having you last name misspelled! So, we encountered a similar problem here in the Philippines, and basically you have to contact your university (Xi'an) and inform them about the mistake. Then they will send you another one. Hope they will deliver it faster!

Regarding the blood test, whatever test in the Physical Examination Report for Foreigner that requires a blood test is what you do. With HIV/AIDS specifically, yes a blood test is required.

@pho

Blood test, ECG, eye exam, chest x-ray, checking of height and eight. Since you're not applying for an X1 visa, they will not require it from you. Even if you say you want to extend for another 6 months, what they will make you do is exit China in January 2017 and then re-apply for another X2,which will most likely cover March-Aug 2017. If you want to spend February in China, you will still have to exit China and enter as a tourist. Maybe you can just exit to HK and come back in through there.

@Gaeun

First, ask you CI that you intend to apply again for the March 2017 intake and request for another recommendation letter. Second, create another account and repeat the whole application process again.

But I would like to know why Hanban did not accept you. Can you post your current status? If their reason for denying you has something to do with your qualifications (e.g. HSK & HSKK scores), you may have to improve those first.

On my way to the consulate in Frankfurt to submit my application for an X2 Visa (up to 180 days). So in a few hours, I will be able to confirm that for X2 no physical exam is required or not :mrgreen: !

What a bother to have to exit China to extend your stay. Does anyone managed to extend its visa without going out/re-enter China? As Crisgee said, maybe by going to Honk Kong?

@crisgee

Thank you for your invaluable help, as usual :)

I had to send Xi'an many many emails, stating in the topic that it was very urgent, but in the end they replied that they were sending the documents again as quickly as possible. If something like that happens to any of you, be very insistent, otherwise they may take days or weeks until they reply. And always state how short of time you are to ask for the visa!

Dear Crisgee.

This is my current status. I guess it is over. 

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 未录取 (意见:学校未录取 )

I applied for 1 academic year scholarship and my HSK 3 score was 277, HSKK was 77.
I guess the score of Chinese doesn't make any problem....
So I have really no idea, where to find reasons that I am rejected.... (maybe I applied too competitive Uni... Tongji and Zhejang)

and one thing I never understand is I've chose that I will accept Hanban's commendation but I did not send to my third uni.

Actually I registered this scholarship recommended by HSK tester in Korea. 
So I don't know that they can write me again the recommandation letters.

It's been long 4 months...... I really really want to know the reasons. 

Thank you so much to find me and make a concentration to me.

Gaeun.

Hi. For information. Application submitted for an X2 Visa (up to 180 days). I can confirm that you don't need physical exams for this visa, at least in Germany. It should be ready on Wednesday so in just 4 working days. Quite fast.

I received an e-mail about the dorm rooms at Renmin:

The scholarship students unified arrangements in the Building A (double room).Dormitory free time from the beginning of September 1,2016.

奖学金学生统一安排入住留学生一号楼(双人间)。公费时间从2016年9月1日开始。

Does this mean I can arrive before September 5th? It seems like it was just put through an online translator, and google translate gives me roughly the same result...

@Astaa Yes, it looks like they will provide the room from Sept 1st! I have been to Renmin twice and I do remember arriving a few days before Registration and there was no problem. :)

@Crisgee: I applied for the MTCSOL and got accepted on a scholarship. Now, i'm a bit confused after reading a certain thread that implied that Hanban doesn't offer any employment opportunity for graduates of the program. Or at least it doesn't guarantee any employment for anyone who studied for the language program. Is any of this true? 

I'll highly appreciate your feedback. 

Thanks. 

I departed this thread sometime ago when there was a torrent of posts and people not checking back on previous responses was getting quite infuriating. A big thank you should be aimed @hoshinoumi and @crisgee who clearly have more patience than me and have sustained this thread with lots of answersand consideration.

I did finally get accepted and after resigning and doing loads of crazy admin, including an utterly horrendous visa process in the UK, I will be flying out in three weeks time. I'm very apprehensive, escpecially as the process to get to this point was a little draining, my Chinese needs quite a bit of work and I will be joining as a mature student after a big absence from studying.

@Baihua I am in the same position in regards to my Chinese needing a good bit off work! I finished Uni in May 2015 and haven't spoken Chinese since then, so going to need some serious catching up! I am also going to Shanghai, but to Fudan, and will be leaving in just over 2 weeks time.

@Baihua You are welcome :) If it cheers you up, I've also had maaaany problems with the visa (long story short, the uni wrote my surname wrongly and the amount of time it was taking them to fix it and re-send it was impossible to get the visa on time). Not everyone has this kind of problems, but it can definitely happen.

GUYS! If something similar happens to you, be very persistent. Had I not insisted 4 times via email about the corrected papers they were to send to me, I wouldn't have had time to apply for the visa in time for my flight.

To cheer up those who are worried about not getting their visa in time, in Germany at least, you get your visa in just 4 working days. Very fast and efficient.

I will also recommend the East China Normal University in Shanghai. They were very helpful, always answered my emails (sometimes to ask me to be patient :mrgreen: ) and send all the info needed in time. If you read this forum and want to apply to ECNU, don't hesitate.

I go back to packing now!

@Hoshinoumi. Well, getting ready is more like it but I got my visa and bought my flight for the 29th of August so I will leave in about two weeks from now. My God It is really getting real :shock: !

The paperwork is done so I just have to think about what to bring really. When do you leave Spain?

Regarding packing dear forum users, it is better to buy a laptop in Shanghai or to bring one? What else do you advise to bring and what to buy in China?