Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Regarding the 未录取 status:

From what I see from our results here, if a student gets this status, this means student has not been accepted for the Sept 2016 intake. But the good news is that they are still allowed to apply for the March 2017 intake. However, I cannot guarantee that the applying for the second time will increase your chances. 

@maryellis

It doesn't necessarily mean that way. People DO GET SENT to a third (maybe even fourth) university of Hanban's choosing. I've seen it happen to a few of the applicants I handle. What I'm talking about is the 未录取 status, where all available options have been exhausted.

The usual reason that Hanban gives when they put an applicant in this status is that the university or Hanban has reached a certain quota. Of course they can't accept everybody., and they won't say what kind of quota this is. Also, some applicants apply too late, like June or July, and they want to get into the September semester. Or sometimes an applicant has been bested by a lot of other applicants, and the university cut him out of the list. Or perhaps he was really not qualified to begin with.

@Steff1992. About visa:

You can check with the organisation in charge of delivering visas http://www.visaforchina.org/

For Indonesia http://www.visaforchina.org/JKT_EN/generalinformation/visaknowledge/269842.shtml

As a student

X1

Issued to those intending to study in China for a period of more than 180 days.

X2

Issued to those intending to study in China for a period of no more than 180 days.

What CIS scolarship did you get? 6 months or one year?

@Crisgee. Does all students need to do this medical check-up to get their visa? I think I red that it is only required if you go for more than 6 months. Not sure it is correct.

For those who got the 6 months scolarship and have already received their papers from their uni- I am still waiting those from ECNU in Shanghai- did you get this medical check up requirement?

@Steff1992 @pho

About physical examination: if you go for no longer than 180 days and apply for X2 visa, you do not need physical examination. Your visa is then single entry, and you cannot stay longer that 180 days. If you have to stay longer than 180 days, you need to apply for X1 visa. It is multiple entry and during 30 days after each entry you have to change it to temporary residence permit. For this you need physical examination. I am not sure if you need to do it each time you enter the country or you can do it once and use for next entries. Maybe smb else here knows that.

Physical examination can be done in China (your uni should provide you with additional info in welcome letter) or you can do this at home and just verify the results in China (it's usually cheaper, but results should be in Chinese or English). I hope that I am not mistaken @crisgee :)

• Like 1

@Dianka You have a great mistake in the second part of your reply:

It is multiple entry and during 30 days after each entry you have to change it to temporary residence permit. I am not sure if you need to do it each time you enter the country or you can do it once and use for next entries. Maybe smb else here knows that.

With X1 visa you can entry only once. After entry, within 30 days you need to change your X1 visa to residence permit. After getting residence permit, you can leave and entry China whenever you want.

About physical examination you are right.

• Like 2

@Tantara: 

Well, i got an email confirming that i've gotten the scholarship from Nanjing Normal Uni, so Yey :wink:,  i'm also heading there in Sept. Just wanted to know whether you finally got the admission packet. They mailed me yesterday saying they'll send the packets sometime on 28th of this month. Can you confirm the same? or maybe i'm an isolated case. 

Thanks. 

@kelvy254 They sent the admission packet on 12th July as promised via EMS and said that documents will reach after one or two weeks, so I’m still waiting. Your situation is a little bit different just because your status changed recently, but mine changed almost two months ago.

@hoshinoumi I was just kinda confused because some of my seniors that went to china last year got a cash each month, and for some of them, the school just helped them opening a bank account there in China once they arrived there.

@pho thanks bruh, but I've called Consulate of China, and the Embassy, they both said that this year we don't need to do a physical exam in order to make a  visa (I told them already that I got a year of CIS Scholarship)

and @dianka I totally agree with you, but actually some of my seniors went there last year, and they actually had done their physical exam here in Indonesia before they go, but once they were there, the school asked them to do the physical exam again, so, that's why :lol:

Hi everyone :)

I got the scholarship for MTCSOL (East China Normal University). I have applied for the semester starting in March 2017. Since I have exams in September, I have to stay in my home country at least until the autumn. That was the reason for applying for March 2017. However, I received my admission packet from ECNU and the visa application form is for September 2016... The director of our Confucius Institute has contacted the university and explained my situation. They told us that there is no MTCSOL starting in March... although there are 2 options (Sept 2016/ March 2017) when filling in the application form. Now I can either accept or reject the scholarship... Maybe next year will be better to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship. Because I still have exams... I don't want to reject the scholarship, but it seems there's no other way :(

Anyone had any success contacting their uni? I e-mailed the international students office at Renmin, with some questions about arrival and visa, last week and still haven't heard anything. My visa appointment at the embassy is in two days and I kind of need answers to a lot of questions? 
(also, anyone else's visa forms signed for an entire year, although only going for a single semester? what kind of visa do I apply for, then?)

Hello, there.

Like previous people, I got this too. 

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 未录取 

(意见:学校未录取 )

I've chose that I will accept Hanban's commendation but It's been more than a month and half that my state didn't change.

After I fail to get accepted by 1st and 2nd University.

Is the deadline of Scholarship over?   So no more chance to get deliver to third?

What I should do now?  Please help me...

Thanks in advance.

@Gaeun. Unfortunately, according to Crisgee, 未录取 status means it is unlikely you will get your scholarship for this summer. Crisgee is in charge of CIS scholarship in Manilla. Sorry :(.

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:50 AM

Regarding the 未录取 status:

From what I see from our results here, if a student gets this status, this means student has not been accepted for the Sept 2016 intake. But the good news is that they are still allowed to apply for the March 2017 intake. However, I cannot guarantee that the applying for the second time will increase your chances.

I finally received my acceptance letter and visa application form from East China Normal University today. Phwew, they were stuck in a DHL depot for 10 days and because I am not home, I was not sure they would not be sent back in the end  :P!

For info, for the visa application I need to provide:

1- The admission notice.

2- The visa application JW202

3- The original copies of "Physical Examination Record for Foreigners"

4- Analysis Blood Test reports showing negative AIDS, Syphillis, Hepatitis A and B.

This is valid for X1 or X2 visa.

As the rules keep changing, I am not sure we can skip the Health check/Physical Examination Record for Foreigners even if I only go for 6 months.

@Crisgee. Dear Crisgee, any advice about this question?

• Like 1

• New Members

I’m really really confused now!

End of the May I got information that I have been awarded Confucius Institute Scholarship for one-academic year to Xiamen University. Yesterday I got my admission notice and visa application form BUT today I received email that my qualification of the Confucius Institute Scholarship has been withdrawn because of one student cannot be awarded two scholarships at one time. I haven’t got any information about another scholarship! I also applied the Chinese Government Scholarship (EU Window program), but my application status is still: “The application form is currently checking” That is the very same status, as it have been last three months!

I contacted Xiamen University, hope they will reply soon. If I have possibility to choose, I would preferably like to have Confucius Institute Scholarship.

Yesterday I felt relief that everything is clear now when I have the visa papers and everything but apparently it was too soon…

Is there anyone else in the same situation??