Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

Hi everyone, does anyone know when starts the second semester, i know is in februery but if someone could tell me the aproximated day it would be great. i want to begin looking for the plane ticket.

thanks.

Hi Im from Mexico. Im applying Chinese Language Course to  Feb 2015.

I would like to know what foreign food can I find in ZheDa and what can I find in there to entreatment or chill (like movie theaters, pubs, cafe,etc).

Hope meet you someday! 

• 2 months later...

hello everybody !

thank you very much for all your discussion, it very helps me :D

@Angelina

I want to do a short term program next summer.

- Do you know the date of this program (July or August) ?

- after reading you, i think it's better to choose a single room, but some people here said that it's cheaper to rent an appartement, is it true ? How can I do that (I'm in France now) ? Or I must arrive and rent a room in a hotel and after find an appartement ?

- I think class are very good because lots of you said good things... But i have a question about meeting Chinese people and speak Chinese after the class (I was in Germany and students spoke english... and I was alone to want to speak german but I didn't found German to speak :( )

- how is the place of the woman in China ? Can I walk alone in the streets, and what's about the night ?

there are some things i have to know before being in this university ?

Thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!, one month to go ^^, finishing visa & flight, trying to get a health insurance, anyone can tell any option or what insurance you've taken to be  there? travel insurance also apropiated?, ALSO arriving at pekin 3rd march sugestion to get a train or something to go down to Hangzhou?

I am not sure about insurance because I am on a scholarship and I don't have to buy one myself. I have heard that you can buy one in Spain and then you can use it in China. Maybe it's expensive. Depends on your budget.

How to get to Hangzhou from Beijing? Also depends on your budget. Train tickets have fixed prices while plane tickets might depend on when you buy it.

Do you want to spend a few days in Beijing? If you don't, you can just buy a plane ticket now.

Also, there are different kinds of trains in China: high-speed rail, normal ones. Depends on what you want. High-speed trains are very fast (considering the distance between Hangzhou and Beijing).

@Geju I have to ask, don't know much about short-term programs.

Keep in mind that next month is Spring Festival so millions of Chinese will be travelling by train and it becomes difficult to travel without good planning, so I suggest booking in advance of your travel date 20-25 days . You can use this website to book online https://kyfw.12306.cn/otn/lcxxcx/init

• Like 2

I'll be landing in beijing 4th march 16pm, so i don't think i'm in time to get the train that day.. i'm pondering next day train or continue beijing-hangzhou plane 4th, not sure by now.

thanks a lot for the link ( i haven't enought chinese lvl to undertand it ) but thanks :D 

If you don't want to spend any time in Bejing, e.g. to see the Great Wall, I suggest you to buy a plane ticket now. Why haul your luggage all the way to a train station? 

You can try China Eastern Airlines. 

http://en.ceair.com

However, if you do want to see the Great Wall and other places in Beijing, use the link in the post above to book a train ticket online and don't forget to book a hostel and stay there for a few days. 

Check the prices of train tickets here  

http://chinatrainguide.com/stntostn.php

You see the letters: G, K, T, Z, it shows what kind of a train it is, G is a high-speed train (travel time is 5-6 hours), K is the slowest normal train (travel time is 21 hours). Be careful when buying a seat for a K train, it means you will have to be sitting for 21 hours straight. Also, there are first and second class seats and hard and soft sleeper. Soft sleeper is a first class bed, hard sleeper is second class. Unlike plane tickets, train tickets are not cheeper when booked earlier. You will only have more options when you book it early, you can choose between a seat on a K train (the cheapest option) and a hard sleeper on a T train for example, but the price of a hard sleeper on a T train will stay the same no matter when you buy it. It's not like plane tickets. 

欧博思 is right, train travel is crazy in China around Chinese New Year. Don't forget that. Chinese students already have their train tickets pre-booked with the help of their universities. 

• 3 weeks later...

hi to everyne!

this year i want to apply for LL.M. in Chinese Law under the China Government Scholarship - Chinise University Program.

I have a question, concerning the time when university send you an approval of your enrrolment. Because, deadline this year for applying is rather long - 20th of April, and I am afraid that if I send my applications to other universities they will send my docs to СSC first and I will not get to ZU...

Can smb help me, please!

Thank you, for your time!