Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

• 4 weeks later...

April/May is fine, Hangzhou is beautiful in spring and early summer. You can also talk to some people if you are interested in studying here. I can show you around. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hey there :)

this fall semester I will be studying in Hangzhou and will apply for a single-room at Xiasha campus,
but i'm still thinking about renting an apartment off-campus

Soo I wanted to know how the life on campus is like. Are there also some "parties" or are they very strict?
And do the dorms really get locked at night so that you can't enter after 11pm or whatever?
It would be great if you could help me get an impression of the campus life! :D 

Thanks for helping me!

That looks like it's a campus of Zhejiang Gongshang University. Elli3, We don't have a topic for that one currently, but if you start a topic introducing yourself and asking any questions you have, I'll add it to the university index and hopefully we'll get some info - and if not, hopefully you can come back in the fall and add some, just like Angelina does  :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I got accepted 1 year chinese study program at Zheda from CI scholarship, and I believe I suppose to enroll this september.

I read posts here and find it's helpful!

Angelina thanks for posting academic calendar, in case you know this, could you tell me whether 1 year language study program schedule is the same with ben ke (undergraduate) or yan jiu sheng ( postgraduate) or maybe is different from both? 

I haven't got acceptance letter from ZheDa, I really hope they will send it asap. 

Btw, do you know attendance regulation in ZheDa? Cause at 26 sept I have to go back to my country to attend my sister wedding, I wonder if I could absent. 

Thankss a lot! 

• New Members

@lindamartin

The one that I know is the language program is about the same with undergraduate (ben ke). I heard it is usually one week later after the undergraduate starts. However, for the exam week is going to be the same as undergraduate students.

For asking leave, you could do it in advanced. However, I'm not really sure for scholarship students. For self-funded language students, they have to be 2/3 for the attendance to take the exams.

Hi, @slyvester.

Thanks a lot for your information!

Hmm, i guess i'll just wait for the admission letter then.

Are you a language student? 

I wonder what kind of privilige a language student has compare to undergraduate student? 

Like, I heard we take the compulsory han yu class for like 20hr per week and then we could also take other chinese classes, 

I would love to have a "taste" to be in class with chinese students (not only foreigner), so I was wondering if I could join other class outside language or chinese literature class as a listener ? :P

Well it even seems impossible to me 哈哈, or maybe do you know some clubs / organizations in Zheda? Cause i browse their website but it doesn't provide the information, i would love to join one of them if it's possible for me. Thankss

Hello,

I am going to study MBBS at ZJU this September.

We get to study the chinese language in 3 years, I was wondering if we get enrolled in the same classes as any other student who has applied to study the chinese language or is it only us the MBBS students all together?

Regards,

@ lindamartinp

I have also been accepted at Zhejiang University as a language student unded CSC scholarship.

I sent an email asking about the registration dates but they haven't replied yet.

You haven't booked tickets yet, have you? I hope they reply soon :)