Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

Hey hey,

I will be starting my studies this September too :) 

Hey Tiri.

So my first question, how do PhD student normally dress when they work in the uni? is it semi casual or just casual?

Just wanted to understand the culture or dress code (if any) in the Uni

• 9 months later...

Alex!

I've been wondering how you've been doing on your first scholarship year.

Many thanks for this write up. I will write a similar one for my year at Tsinghua at a later time (July?).

Good luck with everything and keep keepin' on!

Chris

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys . Hope y'all are doing well. So i got accepted at Zhejiang University at the ZJE institute with a scholarship. However I was required to fill the Zhejiang online application for an undergrad program and I mistakenly chose my highest degree as bachelors instead of high school.  Am wondering whether this will have an impact on my offer. I have emailed them highlighting this correction,is it sufficient? Thanks and waiting for your replies.

Regards,

Lance

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 11:50 PM, LanceGonza said:

Hi guys. How long does it take to receive a message that documents were received and how long for this to effect on online system? Thanks. 

I found out mid to end July; I forget how I received the information first, but either way it was a long wait. 

It should be the same this year as my friend just went to see the office here at ZheDa and they told him results would be out end of July for potential graduate students.

• Like 1

Help please. According to tracking by courier my documents arrived last Monday at international college. Am worried because until now my status of documents online is unreceived. I noticed that my application form had a printing error that caused my application number to be less by three digits ie 2017*** instead of 2017******.i am wondering whether this could be the problem. It's really worrying as deadline for sending documents already passed. Thanks in advance. 

I'm not really sure, sorry. I'd recommend emailing, or calling, the school. Are you applying for a graduate program or the language program? Tang Li would be the one to help you for the graduate program; I'd recommend calling him rather than emailing if possible.

• New Members

Hi, guys! Could you please help me, because I am a bit confused... I applied for MA China Studies scholarship program, couple of days ago I received confirmation of admission to China Studies MA (from China Studies department, with all info about starting semester, and WeChat app, etc.), with phrase "you were nominated for scholarship award". What is that mean...? Am I still part of the competition for this scholarship? it is my first time applying for any scholarships, so it is sooo confusing...

Thank you in advance!

On 7/5/2017 at 8:00 PM, LanceGonza said:

Update: My admission status is: 通过 but my documents status is unreceived. is this ok??

Sorry mate, I'm really not sure. I would ask this kind of question in the CSC thread, but I suspect the answer is going to be I'm not sure there, too. The process is pretty opaque, and I would either call them or just wait it out.

• Like 1

@Lana_

It means you are admitted, no matter what happens next, you can study there. 100% confirmed.

The only thing left is funding.

This came from the Department and they are in charge of admissions. You have to wait and see if you get a scholarship, the financial part. 

You are admitted, nominated for a scholarship, still have to wait for a decision when it comes to funding.

The Department does not decide on your funding, they can only nominate you. It depends on the funding organization. I assume you will hear about that by the end of July. 

• Like 2