Chinese-Forums

Zhejiang University

lilongyue

Congratulations, Lance! I hope you like Hangzhou! It's currently hot and humid, but it will start to cool down by the time you arrive. Better yet, the city will be fragrant from the 桂花, sweet osmanthus. If you get here early enough, you may even see the lotus flowers. 

If you have any questions, be sure to come back and ask. @Angelina even pointed me towards a wet market where I still buy my vegetables almost daily :P.

For myself, I confirmed with my adviser today that I will be enrolled in the China Studies Masters (Chinese language edition!) in fall. My classes will be almost completely on 西溪校区, though I can take electives on other campuses. I'm heading off to Beijing tomorrow and won't be back full time in Hangzhou until mid-August. 

• Like 2

Thanks. I already am excited. Can't wait for the package to get to me and finally head to Hangzhou. My studies seem to be in 海宁but all the same am truly grateful for this forum and all your help. It made me feel better whenever I had any doubts and worries getting your responses. See you in September. 

You're in the English program then? I've heard some people take electives at ZJG or at Xixi if they're based at the Haining campus.

And no worries - try and report back next year about your experiences!

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 0:07 PM, Alex_Hart said:

Things like medical forms, etc, will need to be done in your country (maybe - plenty of my classmates didn't do it even though it was required) and then retaken once you arrive at your own expense (the full slate of medical exams costs around 500 RMB and takes you two hours, but can only be taken at one hospital and you will need to skip class for this).

So one has to redo the physical examination?! And what are the diseases that will likely send you back home, thanks. Also how much is one estimated to have on arrival to cater for immediate costs involved on arrival?!

• New Members

Hi @Angelina! Is the academic calendar same for every international exchange students? I have received an email from my school that Zhejiang university has send their acceptance letter for me last week, but I think for the letter to arrive will take some time:) So I was thinking that is it safe to book flight tickets already?

How many days advance should I arrive Hangzhou? Is it possible to get the accommodation few days before the registration?  

I am so happy that I finally found academic calendar for the 2017-2018 :D Have been googling it every day for the past weeks...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrale said:

How many days advance should I arrive Hangzhou? Is it possible to get the accommodation few days before the registration

Hi for this part of the question you can read past comments on this topic, it has been answered and it does state that before registartion days you may be required to pay for the accommodation yourself or book a hotel. That's what I understood anyways. Am still waiting for an email to tell me admission package was mailed to me. Wait's killing me.

@LanceGonza  In my experience, I didn't receive any email that they already sent the admission documents. I initiated to send an email to the officer in charge in the department I applied for so I was able to know what's happening with my admission documents. The admission documents were sent through DHL express. As for me, the school officer informed me the tracking number of my mail so I know when it will arrive. DHL Express is really fast when it comes to delivering packages so your admission documents won't take long for you to receive. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrale said:

So I was thinking that is it safe to book flight tickets already?

I know I am not the person you're asking about this, but I just want to give my opinion. :D You can book flight tickets already, but make sure it's fully refundable. Or you can just wait for your admission documents to arrive before you book flight tickets and apply for a visa (if it's applicable). It's always better to be safe. ;)

• Like 2

@heffThx. I will just wait and see because my worry is the address isn't my own and I don't really like sending emails to admissions office a lot. Don't wanna look so impatient so I'll wait and see what happens by the end of the week. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LanceGonza said:

Thx. I will just wait and see because my worry is the address isn't my own and I don't really like sending emails to admissions office a lot. Don't wanna look so impatient so I'll wait and see what happens by the end of the week. Thanks again. 

My pleasure. I am not sure, but someone from DHL will surely call you once they will be delivering your documents to the address provided. Maybe your admission documents will be delivered to you anytime this week or next week. Good luck and hope you'll receive it as soon as possible so you'll have enough time to process your student visa. 

• Like 1