Chinese-Forums

Tracking parcels: 中国邮政 La poste chinoise

Loriquero

I sent a package out in May and my friend has yet to receive it in South Africa. I just checked the status of the order. It arrived in Johannesburg and the last place it states is customs. Does anyone have any clue on how my friend could possibly pick up this package? I have the tracking number and receipt yet so hopefully that might help.

All the best!

• New Members

@Edelweis

Thanks a lot ! :) it's just that this is my first time and i get really really nervous ..

about the first two,i should be getting them quite soon then,right?

I think it said airmail everywhere ..And i dont think i know what SAL is ?Wow surface mail really takes time doesn't it.. :shock:

I know HK post takes about 15-20 days for me to get my packages but reading posts

about china post i really don't know what to expect.How can you tell if it is airmail or surface mail?

@elena:

well, package RA467659878CN has reached Greece at least. It's status is now Αντικείμενα σε Συσκευασία, Location:ΚΔ ΑΕΡΟΔΡΟΜΙΟΥ (Greece).

So I hope you receive it soon.

Package RA297882540CN is now in transit at Shanghai international.

@dajaphonics: it could be lost, stolen, or stopped at customs due to illegal contents... no clue about what to do besides complain with both China Post and the SA post office.

@elena: I don't know how to tell whether a package was sent via airmail or SAL or surface mail.

Except that packages which go through customs at Beijing International generally seem to be airmail (or SAL?) which makes sense since Beijing is not a sea port...

• New Members

Right i see thank you very much for your help!! :D

yes i was able to track it (RA467659878CN) today in the greek post office tracking website, which is good!

But i cant help it, but be worried about the other one (RB015508559CN) because this was the one that

was shipped first so it should have been here by now.. The package that appears to be in Greece

was ordered a few days later..I may be wrong but still i'm worried about this ..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Duygu, are you sure that's the correct number? Which tracking site do you use?

intmail.183.com.cn is down tonight, but sao.cn has the following information:

2012-05-30 3:00:00 AM Unsuccessful Delivery, Location:TURKEY (Turkey)

I think this means that the package did arrive in Turkey, but the address may have been incorrect or torn off or something... so the Post Office was unable to deliver it.

I suggest you contact the Turkish Post Office, however since delivery failed 4 month ago, did they keep it all that time or just destroy it? I don't know.

Alright, tonight intmail.183.com.cn is working. It says

RR926697036CN 2012 进口总包互封封发 广州国际 土耳其 2012-06-10

RR926697036CN 2012 进口总包互封开拆 广州国际 土耳其 2012-06-10

RR926697036CN 2012 进口总包互封封发 北京国际 土耳其 2012-06-06

RR926697036CN 2012 进口总包直封开拆 北京国际 土耳其 2012-06-06

RR926697036CN 2012 离开出口互换局 土耳其 2012-05-31

RR926697036CN 2012 未妥投 土耳其 土耳其 2012-05-30

RR926697036CN 2012 到达进口互换局 土耳其 土耳其 2012-05-26

RR926697036CN 2012 出口总包直封封发 北京国际 土耳其 2012-05-23

RR926697036CN 2012 出口总包互封开拆 北京国际 土耳其 2012-05-22

RR926697036CN 2012 出口总包互封封发 广州国际 土耳其 2012-05-19

RR926697036CN 2012 出口总包互封开拆 广州国际 土耳其 2012-05-19

RR926697036CN 2012 收寄局收寄 署前路 土耳其 2012-05-18

Basically your package was returned to China after unsuccessful delivery in Turkey.

The last recorded location is Guangzhou International on 10 June.

• Like 1

RB041576662CN 2012 进口总包互封封发 广州国际 美国 2012-09-21

RB041576662CN 2012 进口总包互封开拆 广州国际 美国 2012-09-21

RB041576662CN 2012 出口总包直封封发 广州国际 美国 2012-08-31

RB041576662CN 2012 出口总包互封开拆 广州国际 美国 2012-08-30

RB041576662CN 2012 收寄局收寄 佛山函集局 美国 2012-08-29

Both http://sao.cn and http://intmail.183.com.cn show the above information.

Basically your package went through the Guangzhou customs as export on August 31, and again as import on September 21.

Something must have gone wrong...

Fill a reclamation/complaint form at your post office. Perhaps you will get an explanation as to why to package was returned to China (if it ever reached the US... that's unclear from the tracking data.) Did it contain something which can't be legally imported? Perhaps the address was insufficiently detailed, or it was damaged during transit?

Have the sender fill a reclamation/complaint form at the Chinese post office. Perhaps they can sort out where the package is right now and send it back on it's track.

Finally, if the sender is a company, perhaps you can get a refund or partial refund (but, of course, being on the other side of the world, your leverage is pretty slim, so I wouldn't count on that...)

@godsongt2: No change since September 21.

How to track a package sent from China

The official China Post website intmail.183.com.cn is often down or is up but does not work, but when it works you should select the 2nd item in the menu on the left side, then input your package number and the visual code, and click on the button.

If it works, it will display the detailed tracking information. (The 1st item in the menu only displays the latest tracking information.)

In sao.cn you only need to input your package number then click on the "track" button.

It also does not always work.

After the search is complete, you can see the details by moving the mouse over the magnifying glass.

You can copy the details by clicking on the magnifying glass.

If the tracking details are displayed in Chinese, you can use Google translate to translate.

Or you can use the following indications:

收寄局收寄 = the package was accepted at the local Post Office.

出口总包互封开拆 = the package was sorted at a transit office, for export.

出口总包互封封发 = the package was sent to another transit office (in China), for export.

出口总包直封封发 = "departure from outward office of exchange": the package went through customs, for export. This is the last step before the package leaves China.

There is no new tracking information as long as the package is on the boat or plane. It can take weeks before the next tracking information appears. Packages are not tracked while on the plane or boat.

(airmail, SAL: should be from a few days to 2 weeks. Surface mail: 6-8 weeks for Europe.)

到达进口互换局 = "Arrived" : the package arrived at the customs bureau of the destination country, as import.

未妥投 = "Unsuccessful Delivery" (this is not necessarily fatal, often the postman will try again the next day or ask you to come and fetch the package at the local post office).

===

The following are abnormal if the package was sent from China to another country (but normal if the package was sent from another country to China...)

离开出口互换局 the package left the customs office of the foreign country as export.

进口总包直封开拆 the package went through customs in China, as import.

进口总包互封开拆 the package was sorted at a transit office, as import.

进口总包互封封发 the package was sent to another place in China (transit office? post office?), as import.

===

Wondering what SAL is? Check Wikipedia.

Sorry, no, the only thing about your package in my previous message is that there is no change since september 21. It means your package is still stuck in China as "import".

The rest was just information about how to check the status yourself.

Will you get your package soon?

Does it even contain the phone you ordered?

I don't know.

I think it is unlikely, unfortunately.

• New Members

Can someone help me resolve this big drama I'm experiencing with china post lately. I buy a lot from China and it was going smoothly until it started being like this:

2012-10-03 出口总包互封封发, 北京国际, 土耳其

2012-10-02 出口总包互封开拆, 北京国际, 土耳其

2012-09-29 出口总包互封封发, 深圳国际, 土耳其

2012-09-29 出口总包互封开拆, 深圳国际, 土耳其

2012-09-28 进口总包互封封发, 深圳国际, 土耳其

2012-09-28 进口总包互封开拆, 深圳国际, 土耳其

2012-09-27 进口总包互封封发, 广州国际, 土耳其

2012-09-27 进口总包互封开拆, 广州国际, 土耳其

2012-09-20 出口总包互封封发, 北京国际, 土耳其

2012-09-19 出口总包互封开拆, 北京国际, 土耳其

2012-09-16 出口总包互封封发, 深圳国际, 土耳其

2012-09-16 出口总包互封开拆, 深圳国际, 土耳其

2012-09-15 收寄局收寄, , 土耳其

I have about 17 packages that keep returning back and forth and none of them is actually being exported to Turkey, it has been almost a month since they were sent. All of them contain clothing, not electronics or anything, I've never experienced such problems before, and I didn't even see someone else asking such a question anywhere either... Really feeling desperate :wall