Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@ xiaoyang - how fast was it between you contacting your CI and them resending app to Hanban and your status changing? 

My CI said they submitted my app 2 days ago - but my status is still 申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中” :( 

“推荐机构择优确认中”- 驳回 

So this is my status? I pleco'd this 驳回 and it came up as rejected. So i guess that means my scholarship dream is over for this year?

@GotJack I have a similar status.

申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”- 驳回 

(意见:模拟成绩无效)

According to my CI, the university does not see my (one of my) documents as valid. However, they do not say which one. I think it is about my HSK certificate which I have not yet received. Instead, I have a letter from the CI that shows my score and says that I have passed the HSK test in March. A friend of mine got accepted at the same university and the only difference is that he already has his HSK certificate because he did the test earlier. 

So @Gotjack, I would not give up yet, you should contact your CI regarding the matter to see if it can be fixed.

Does anyone else have or had the same status as I have? If yes, what the reason for your dismissal and how did you (try to) solve it?

Thanks guys, your replies have filled me with some hope.

My only issue is, that I currently do not have my HSK certificate, it is in Shanghai waiting to be collected. However my Confucius Institue said this was not an issue, (their website also states it) and that I could use a screenshot of my scores. Perhaps they were wrong. Anyhow I will get in contact with them, and also see if I can scoot over to Shanghai asap

@gotjack, I have the same problem. My Confucius Institute have written a letter for me (stamped and signed), confirming that I have passed the HSK test etc. According to them, this should have been enough, but still my application got rejected. So maybe I now need to include my score report, but I will first await the reply from the Confucius Institute on the matter.

• New Members

@resentful8

It took about three days after my CI submitted my app for the status to change from “推荐机构择优确认中" to “推荐机构择优确认中”- 驳回.  After they told me I had a problem, I re-submitted my app and they changed my status to 已确认 the next day.  Sounds like in your case they're just taking longer to process your app. You may want to contact your CI and make sure they submitted your file to Hanban, as the deadline is approaching. 

On a side note, my status today changed to 接收院校审核中”- 录取  , so it looks like I will be headed to Tsinghua in the fall.  Best of luck any of those of you waiting.

• New Members

Hey guys, I submitted my application on 5th May. But I have just entered student enrollment system now, my application didn't submit. What does it mean? What should I do? I am sooo worried. Pls help me :(

something probably went wrong. maybe some mistakes (name, passport number). You should contact your local Confucius Istitute.

Status is the first thing you see after you log in -> HOME/

信息提示(Notice)
  • Like 1

I attached my score report to the CI letter for the HSK requirements. I had to reupload the document with the score report attached and resubmitted the application. My status soon changed to 已确认 and within a few days I will probably know wether Hanban will approve my application and then it's up to the host university to decide.

@ thanks xiaoyang. yeah my CI confirmed sent. i emailed hanban and they said ''您的申请单已经受理中,请耐心等待'' 

according to google translate that means they've accepted it , be patient ? 

someone please do correct me if I'm wrong... 

still no status change though :( 

My status just changed to the following: 

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取 
(意见:身份属实,材料齐全)

Does this mean that I already got accepted at the university or does it only mean that Hanban has accepted my application and that the University still has to accept me?

• New Members

@ igacave

Congrats on getting into Nanjing, I hear it's a great place to study, particularly if you're interested in China's history and culture. As for me getting into Tsinghua, I think it was just a combo of a good personal essay, a high HSK level 5 score, and the fact that I attended a relatively well-known uni for undergrad.

@ yoeri

You were accepted by the university you applied to.  Now you just have to wait for Hanban's approval.

申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”

my status still the same. I m getting worried about it. can anyone tell me what is this really mean. I asked from hanban and they told me that my CI didn't recommend me yet. 

Does anyone know, what date is deadline for universities to accept students and send the candidate list to Hanban? Looks like my first uni forgot about me as my status is still 已确认 for two weeks already...