Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

hey guys , just trawled through 49 pages of great information - still have a query though...! 

Sounds like the CI you go through and provides you with a recommendation letter has a huge part to play in the application process - I can't find anything in the small print about applying to more than 1 confucius institute organisation. 

Has anyone applied to more than 1 CI at the beginning to maximise chances of getting that recommendation ? Or multiple applications with lots of different CI's to maximise chances of getting in ? 

Thanks in advance! 

• 1 month later...

Hi chaps,

My friend is applying for this and the Confucius institute of choice guides him to this page to register http://ciss.chinese.cn/ScholarShipSite/RegNotice.aspx

On clicking however, nothing seems to happen. Is anyone else having problems with it? or does anyone know an alternate website to register too?

Kind regards,

Jack

EDIT- Its working for us now :)

i know that for example in my country, you can't actually apply for Confucius Institute scholarship if you're on a government scholarship. if you're having problems with the application, i think you could contact the institute through which you're going to apply, they should know the regulations 

or it could mean they checked your documents/information you put in application and decided that everything is in order and you don't need to change anything (my friend had to type her passport number again, because she did a mistake and it wasn't the same as on the scan), im not sure ;)

• Like 1

Yes you are right. Last year I didn't win scholarship because person responsible for application was too lazy to check it. And there were mistakes. My chosen Uni rejected me. Really, appreciate it if someone is checking your application form right now. Better safe than sorry.

:) 

申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”- 驳回 
(意见:HSK成绩截图需显示个人信息及成绩,请重新截取。)

Can anyone explain what this means?

• New Members

@GotJack

I had the same message as you yesterday.  It's saying you need to include your personal information with your scores.  Previously, I had only taken screenshots of my HSK, HSKK scores.  To fix it, I scanned my HSK certificate and uploaded it, and since I haven't gotten my HSKK certificate yet, I scanned my admission ticket, score report, test #, etc. and put it all into one document. Today my status changed to 已确认.

Just be sure when you re-upload and resubmit to contact your Confucius Institute and have them resend your application to Hanban.