Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2011

turkeylegs

It can happen that Hanban assigns you to a university you didn't apply to ... Maybe you should contact your first preference BLCU right away to clear up if they really haven't admitted you.

Is there really no chance to get everything arranged on time? :unsure: Have you already received the visa application form?

To be honest, I'm afraid you won't get e-mails from other universities any more, since you have already been accepted by Qingdao University.

But Qingdao is a cool city anyway ;)

I got the email from Qingdao today too. However I applied for completely different cities, never mind at least I know now. As it was I was coming to China anyway, and am already here, but not in Qingdao. I am in Nanjing, and despite the crazy hot weather, have found an excellent teacher that is giving me 1-1 lessons. Now I dont know whether to abandon the scholarship and stay in NJ or not!!

SLA - sorry to hear about that. I am wondering how many people are in the same boat as you? Seems like ridiculous planning on behalf of hanban. We cant say, "oh its just the chinese way" as many of my Chinese friends and teachers think it is ridiculous too!

@SLA: I had the same problem 2 years ago. Then I told the university that I can't arrange all the procedures for coming to China in time. Therefore they offered me to come when I can and they will arrange another program for me for the rest of my stay ;)

for those who haven't got the result, you can check your result by yourself at: http://ci.chinese.cn/BasicSystem/Confucius/ScholarshipSelect.aspx

According to my knowledge, only one university sends you the acceptance letter. In my case, the office said that I can inform them if I cannot register in time (due to visa reason), then they will not consider you as refusing their scholarship. Good luck.

I was informed that since I got accepted to Qingdao University, this will be my only option for a scholarship this summer. I am currently in the process of begging the Chinese embassy to issue my visa as fast as possible (normally they need a week and make no exceptions). I hope I could get there on time. Plan B is to arrive later as soon as I get my visa and probably lose the first week of classes, I already checked that with the university, it would be no problem for them. But I really don't wont to miss one out of four weeks :(

What about you guys? Did you get your results? I really hope you don't get in the same situation as me, it's really stressful...

@hongputaojiu

What did you decide? Are you going to Qingdao University?

Hello!

SLA@

Congratz, the organizing is fantastic, I hope you can arrange everything! (it is possible to get the visa withing one day but that is very expensive).

My status is still 录取通过, but there is nothing under this "label": 备注. My friends status is still 录取未通过 ( :(((((( ) but there is a text under this "label":

可能是误操作点击录取了.

What about the others? Turkeylegs??

I made it!! I got the visa faster (for an extra charge, of course) and I'm leaving for Qingdao on 16 JUL. Still can't believe it :)

@hongputaojiu

Hope to see you there too :)

@Konstantin V.

At first, I also thought I won't be able to make it and I sent an e-mail to QU. They told me it won't be a problem for them if I missed the first week of classes but said nothing about extending or rearranging the program for me. I guess you were lucky two years ago. Fortunately, it turned out I can get there on time :)

@everyone who is still waiting

I keep my fingers crossed for you guys! Best of luck!!!

SLA

Herodous, you should check the number in your application form (that you print out) to see whether it is the same as in the the email hanban sent you. In my case, they are not completely the same. The one in the form is correct. For e.g: My correct number is VNACG...while the one in the email they sent in is VNECG...

Good luck

• Like 1