Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

I was wondering if anyone ever experience this problem? I sent my document using EMS to fujian normal university at march 20, arrived and delivered at 26. But when I ask international office at FNU, they told me they never received it. But the one I emailed is the one that should have received it, and there is even her mobile phone number so the document shouldnt be lost. I am so confused.

I received one Conditional Acceptance Letter in response to my electronic Application/documents emailed to one university. University is asking to move forward my application through dispatching authority(Embassy) of my country(Pakistan), as their direct quota is very limited. But here embassy is not accepting the application and processing further. Kindly guide me what should I do in this case.

Got a response email from Mr. Liu today. They received my application! Really happy to have the worry off of my shoulders...

Lesson to all future applicants: Address your envelope to a person!

I can now nervously (but much less worriedly) wait for three months to see if I get accepted. :D

Good luck to you all!

@shroq, I'm afraid I don't know the answer about bypassing your embassy.  It may be different for each country?  In my situation, I had to apply through my embassy and also apply directly to each (three) universities.

@Angelhwz, I would contact the university and verify the address.  It's up to you if you want to send a second copy or wait for them to find the first.  (If it were me, I would send a second copy as soon as I verified the address.)  I hope everything works out for you!

@rashid1587, Do you know why your embassy is not accepting your application?  Is there a quota or another reason?

@David Ma, So glad to hear your application got there!  

@Shai, Are you asking when you will be notified about the scholarship results?  (According to the official scholarship page, the results will be sent by July 31st to the Embassy/consulate (which means -worst case scenario- you could be notified as late as August).  The first post on this thread also mentions this under "Post-Scholarship/In China".)

@haoyu, dear i think there is some type of quota, as there is one government department named IPC is involved in this process, which usually takes some separate tests and then further it makes merit..but my point is that so what is the benefit of this admission letter, if still i have to pass through this quota system.

@rashid1587,  Sorry to hear about this.  If your embassy refused you because they already filled a quota, I don't know if there is anything you can do about it.  :-/

You're right that the admission letter is only one piece of the puzzle.  (A necessary piece, but not the only piece...)

Have you considered applying for a Chinese Local Government Scholarship?

@haoyu actually i have applied directly to few universities for Chinese government scholarship programme, among them 1 gave me conditional admission letter and asked me to apply through my country's dispatching authority, as their direct university quota is very limited.

@roddy or @brian US

do you guys happen to know if a csc scholarships can be transferable to other university? My husband is in Tongji now and i wanted to transfer to huazhong if its permitted, just want to hear any idea about it. 

@shroq, I don't know what your country requirements are, so I can't say for sure.

Did you apply online at the CSC website?  Did it allow you to pick three university preferences?  If so, I don't see why you couldn't directly apply directly to more than one university.

You probably know more about your country-specific rules than I do, though.

@daeiram89, I know I'm not roddy or brian US, but I'll post this in here in case it makes a difference (and you haven't already seen it).  Brian US, in his first post on the thread said this:

You are normally not allowed to change universities, but it is possible. By possible I mean nearly impossible. A fellow Canadian classmate was only allowed to switch schools after getting a recommendation from 大山 himself. If you don't know who 大山 is, then look at it this way...have your country's ambassador talk to the head of the CSC on your behalf.

@shroq, Considering that the CSC may forward your application to more than three universities anyway, I don't think it would be a problem to apply to more than three on your own.

If anyone else knows otherwise, feel free to respond!

I got the scholarship! my Chinese teacher sent me an email yesterday with further unstructions from the CSC.

All the letter said said was that I should now begin to apply to the Uni's of my choise in order to enhance my odds of going there - anyone has any idea what this is about?

• New Members

@Shai  if you obtain an admission letter from one of the universities of your choice, you increase your chance of getting a scholarship for studying in that specific university. My local Chinese embassy also asked me to provide them with a scanned copy of the conditional offer/pre-admission letter from my preferred university. If you don't get an admission letter, the CSC could send you to any university in China of THEIR choice.

You should contact the admissions office of your preferred university, tell them that you have been selected for the Chinese Government Scholarship and ask them for instructions on how to obtain a pre-admission letter.

By the way, this forum thread is great! I wish I knew about it earlier. . .

i finally submitted my application yesterday! so far, i am the ninth applicant in our country and the staff said, 16 applicants were able to leave for China last year. They would contact me again for a panel interview. so nervous~