Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2014 General Discussion

haoyu

Hi, guys!
Could anyone explain "enrolling chain" in case if I sent my docs via dispatching authority (Ministry of education in my country- Russia)?
My laihua status changed to currently checking. Am I right that documents go throw the folowing authorities:
1) Ministry of education (or embassy) in home country
2) CSC
Then CSC decides which university suits you the most.  
Or there are an extra checking by University (3rd step)?

@haoyu, I did exactly as you said. I rang the uni and asked if they would allow me to use a mock HSKK exam run by the local Confucius Institute. The uni said they were happy to accept that.

Today I sat my HSKK exam (86%) and rang South China Uni of Technology. They informed me that my application was rejected this morning and that I would need to reapply if I want to be considered with the new HSKK score. It is so frustrating because the Australian embassy have closed their applications. I have asked the embassy in Sydney to add in my score and re-sbumit my applications. Fingers crossed that this will work! 

Kindy guide me, if one university said us that they are sending our name to CSC for Scholarship, will we still have option to choose from best one from other universities afterward? I mean after later on, can I still have chance to be accepted by some other good university, as I have applied in multiple universities.

@Sayuri From my application, I have noticed that the universities have a say in who they give the scholarships to. It seems that maybe CSC choose the applications that look good to send to the universities. 

@rashid1587

i apply for 3 university  directly to agency for  Shanghai Jiao Tong University is it hard accepted or not ? 

do you advice to me to apply more than once ?

i apply for 2.5 master and one year language 

@shroq, dear try to send your applications to as many universities as you can, and send hard application and documents to each university. But I fear the deadline for most of the universities are already finished, but more confirmation you check to through sites of each university relevant to your subject. Dear shanghai jiaotong uni is accepting hard application but it is also charging application processing fee of 800 RMB. check their site for more details.     http://www.sie.sjtu.edu.cn/ctrler.asp?action=index_en

@rashid1587

I have applied all the documents including the application fee to the shanghai jiaotong university  ..thank god  :roll:

? did i have god  chance  :help

can u see this website and told me if the deadline already finished ?

becoz he say Application Deadline: May 4, 2014 and The name list of the recommended scholarship winning candidates for graduate programs will be sent to China Scholarship Council for approval by the end of April, 2014.

I'm confuse  :wall  :wall 

http://international.cqu.edu.cn/ArticleView/2014-3-17/Article_View_519.Htm

@Sayuri, here is my best understanding of the process steps (based on the CSC website).  Based on that, the university is part of the acceptance process.

@LauraS, So happy the mock HSKK part worked out!  I really hope you are able to get in after all that work!

@rashid1587, I believe you can get accepted to multiple universities.  The CSC still makes the final decision of which university you go to (but I don't know how they choose.)

@shroq, I also applied in Chongqing University. The thing which you are asking is already discussed many people with me. I think there is some typo error in their site regarding end date, as they have to finalize the candidates before end of the April. 

2ND IF YOU PAID FOR SHANGHAI JIAOTONG UNIVERSITY, then wait hopefully you will get good news from them. Actually those universities which charge application processing fee. mostly selected the applicants. Good Luck.

@rashid1587

What do you recommend to me ? 
 do I apply ? or not ?

Is it possible if  i shipped documents after a day or two the deadline Is it possible that the request be rejected?

thank you for your respond  :)

@sharoq, it depends upon the university sometimes universities accepts even after some days the deadline passed but mostly they do not accepts. But for now it is very critical, as most of the universities have already started their process and as far as my knowledge they need to recommend nominees to CSC before April 30. 

I'm assuming that your applications are also all locked. When you go to CSC, it tells you that "The application form is currently checking". 

My contact with South China University of Technology (the ones who told me to do the HSKK exam) has led me nowhere. They are telling me that I must upload the HSKK results on the system but its locked. Does anyone know how to unlock it? 

As I mentioned before, I have emailed the Chinese embassy in Sydney asking for them to amend it, but here in Australia we have had a series of public holidays with Easter and now a veterans remembrance day, so nothing is happening down here. 

If I make it out of this scholarship application process without successfully having a breakdown, I'll be amazed. 

today I'm  connect to the University Chongqing University  but there is no response so I did contact the fax number to help but the girl she close of the handset in my face .... this university  did not seem nice .... I do not like it this university >>>>>>a bad start

:nono  :nono

what a big universities with out number phone  there any one have same problem ?

@sharoq, Yes this is the major problem because mostly chinese do not know to communicate in English, also mostly they do not reply to emails. anyway, you can contact by phone for prompt information, the number is here;

Admissions Office of the School of International Education, Chongqing University  

Tel: +86-23-65111001 

Thank you  I have now contacted to him   by your phone number and said that  deadline on the  site is true  4 May i have time  to apply thank god and thank you soooooo much 

:)

can you help me with deadline for Dalian Medical University ,  Zhengzhou univ  , Hunan normal univ  ,central south univ  or number phone becoz there is no respond