Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

Maybe it's too late for me to ask this, but I just curious about pre-admissions notice from university. Is it like an agreement from the university to accept us to study there? And how it could be obtained? Do I just need to apply in that university and if they agree with my application, they will give me the pre-admissions notice? And after that I can submit it along with the other documents needed for CGS?

Thanks a lot guys :)

@ ladyferoz

You are not alone, even in my country, the MOE is still waiting for the documents from the Chinese embassy. I spoke to a colleague who applied and just like you, he is equally restless, but there's no need to worry. They'll give you a call next week

@Pauan Thank you x, I do not know, when I went to the interview I was with 4 other students, apparently others were going to be interviewed throughout the week, so I can't estimate. When I called on Friday I asked my MoE what the quota was, all they said was that the chinese embassy makes the final decisions and they have cut some people out of the list. That just makes me stress more, but only one week of waiting hopefully.

@chanda and @scooby :) good luck

I don't want to open another topic for my question.

I've booked a flight to Beijing, I will spend a week in BLCU campus before go to Chongqing.

My question is: Go to Chongqing by train (1 day an more) or by plane? CSC can refund a plane ticket or just the train ticket?

If I book a flight what are the limits for baggage for national flights? I've two baggages and an hand one.

Thank You

I am just curious, could I receive my one-time settlement fee outside Beijing? I will be flying to Beijing on August 31, then after 4 hours, I will ride a plane to Dalian. I will not be using the free train ticket. 

Can I use the free train ticket later on? But I guess it is only available upon your arrival in Beijing :(

Also, can I receive my one-time settlement fee in Dalian? I tried to e-mail the University but they did not provide a clear answer :(

Kindly guide me;

My Flight is reaching Beijing Airport at 12:00 night, at this late time, what should I need to do. Either I should take taxi and reach to my University(Beijing Jiaotong), or I should stay on Airport and wait for morning as probably no one will entertain me regarding Hostel at this late night.

Thanks in Advance for kind suggestions.

Regards.

@  ladyferoz , @  chanda  and @ scooby 

Good luck everybody!!! :D  All the best!! We are all cheering for you and send you our positive energy!! Go get them like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!! :D  hahahaha

@ Pauan

You seem such a good guy and you are an artist too!! How cool! :D If you like, I would love to meet you in Beijing, since we are both going to study there but in different unis (I will be at BLCU). Message me and we can become friends in fb, so as to be easier to contact in China!

@ Lin You Le

We get our one-off settlement subsidy immediately upon registration to our uni and if we get registered before the 15th of September we will also receive the whole amount of the monthly living allowance. If we register after September 15th, we will receive just the half of the amount for this month and we will start having our full amount from October and for every month. Lastly, 15 days after our graduation, we will get for the last time half amount of the monthly allowance.

@ JackTheCrow

Unfortunately, I don't think they refund the plane tickets, just the normal train tickets from Beijing to your city. :-?  Moreover, you need to go on your own from the train station, where your uni is, to the campus, unless your uni provides a pick-up service. The limits of the buggage solely depends on the flying company. Therefore, you have to consult its website or its customer service! Anyway, have a great flight and an even greater time in China!! :D

@ jobm

Unfortunately, I don't think they can give you the one-off settlement subsidy before arriving to your uni, since you are still not registered and they need to ensure that you will go to China and accept your scholarship, before giving you the money. However, you will get it immediately after you register to your uni. I also don't feel that you can use the train ticket reimbursement any other time, except for your arrival in Beijing.

@ rashid1587

I feel that most unis allow you to go there 24 hours per day, since they know that your flight may be at an inconvenient time. They will give you your room, since you are a scholarship student, and you can stay there even if you arrive a few days before the registration period. So, just check your uni and their dorm service, since you may not need to wait at the airport all night, after a tiring flight!!

I ought to mention this: some universities will give you the one-time settlement allowance as soon as you arrive at the university (even if it is before the registration date).  They will also give you the first month's allowance at the same time. Some universities will also create your bank account for you and others won't. So I just thought I'd add that, as I know some of you may be worried that the allowance will be delayed. I remember when I was on the CSC, some students arrived with no pocket money. If possible, please try to bring enough for at least a month or so.

Lily91 - A pre-admissions notice is simply an early acceptance letter that the university will give you to facilitate grants, scholarships or anything else that you may need to make arrangements for, and it just helps facilitate the process. It can be obtained either by asking the university for it and sending them documents or details about you (pretty much like an application, but in this case if you are asking for the CSC scholarship, they will waiver the application fee). Yes, if your application is good enough to be enrolled in the school they will give you a pre-admissions notice, you will need to mention that you are applying for a scholarship so that they can send you the document without charging you standard university application fees. Most universities already know about this anyway. Yes, after obtaining the pre-admissions notice you will have to attach it with your CGS application documents, apply online, and submit the documents to the dispatching authority you chose (dispatching authority must be the same agency number you used in your online application).

• Like 1

@shuoshuo thanks for the explanation. Btw, if I want to apply to the university directly, is it necessary for me to obtain the pre-admissions notice? Or is it better to send them the award letter? I just confuse with what we should do with pre-admissions and award letter, I mean to whom I should send if I have the pre-admissions notice and an award letter.

And about the application fee, I found that some universities need application fee for the scholarship (I dont know why). I was asked to pay for the application fee, so that I can participate in their selection process for scholarship student. The other university asked me to pay the application fee if I am accepted. What's this all about? Anyone can share something about this?

Thanks guys :)  

Lily91 - Yes. Even if you are applying to the university, the pre-admissions notice is for CSC (they will finance the scholarship). CSC needs to know that your school is willing to enroll you.

The award letter is a separate thing. Some universities do not require it, others do. If you can obtain an award letter then you should because this guarantees your scholarship. The award letter is a document that your Chinese embassy will issue to you. It means they agree to give you a spot on your country's quota. This is extremely important if you want to guarantee the best chance possible. But like I said, you can still get the scholarship even if you do not have an award letter.

If you have an award letter and a pre-admissions notice, send all your documents to your university (the one you want to attend in China). They will forward your documents to CSC in Beijing. Please note that you are not authorized to send your own documents directly to CSC.

Yes, some universities will insist that you pay for the application fee. This is around 400-800RMB as far as I know. Do not apply through an agent, apply directly to the university.

• Like 1

• New Members

Hi All,

I got My Admission Package from Zhejiang University 

1) What is your native country? South Sudanese

2) Where did you apply? Directly to Zhejiang University
3) When did you apply?  Jan 2014
4) When was the deadline? April 22nd
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No, this was my first time.
6) What program did you apply for? Master in (Chemical Engineering and Technology)
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Zhejiang University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes
9) What agency number did you use? Zhejiang University
10) Where did you get your physical done? Privet Hospital
11) Did you get your documents notarized? I had my transcript notarized by my home university

Result (Updating):

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? yes at Zhejiang
13) Did you receive any university admission letters (prior to receiving a scholarship)? Yes, Pre-Admission Notice from MAE Program in Zhejiang University
14) How were you notified? by e-mail, and university Website
15) When were you accepted/rejected?  accepted to Zhejiang in June 2014
16) What school and program were you accepted to? 1 year Chinese Language and 3 year master's program in Chemical Engineering

• New Members
Hi guys, 

I applied for the Beijing Institute of Technology for a 1-year of Chinese language training and I was accepted. But together with my documents from the University I received information that this year the BIT does not pay scholarships (1400/1700RMB) and that, I have to pay aplication fee and health insurance. Does anyone have situation similar to mine? I will be grateful for your help!

• New Members

hello everyone, i have applied for chinese government scholarship 2014 in nanjing university of science and technology, but didn't hear anything form their side, besides when i check my application account at CSC, it shows that your application is currently checking, 

can anyone please tell me what does it means, as all the successful candidates got their result?

waiting for a positive response from you.

thankyou.

Update : Called my MoE today and they have heard zero. Apparently the embassy has not heard from the CSC :( or they are following "diplomatic processes", either way, I called them and asked if there is any way they could get an email with names and that was the response. All I want to know is whether I am in or not, that is all. Following today, I think we might not get responses this week because it sounds like even they (MoE), are not confident with the time frame.

• Like 1