Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship Results - 2014

haoyu

BanZhiYun - If HSK is a requirement for your school or course, then they will let you sit for the HSK at the end of the year and they will cover the cost. Not sure about BLCU but most schools in the different cities will start language classes from 8am to 12pm (or a few minutes before lunchtime). No classes on the weekends. No classes in the afternoon (unless they organize culture classes such as Taichi, Chinese painting, HSK preps, etc. but these courses are optional as far as I know.

Song Hu - Actually, no I wasn't at all enthusiastic to be honest. I had a hard time imagining life without my family for the 5 years of Bachelors and China back then was very different from China today. But I did make a lot of travel plans. I remember thinking "I will visit this place, that place, and every province and city!" :D I even told myself that I will travel to the nearby countries (e.g. South Korea, Japan), because it is so cheap from China. But most of that never happened. Haha! Every semester break, i ended up flying back home or travelling to countries very far away from China! I didn't go to Japan nor South Korea because of the language barrier - which I was trying to avoid because I had had enough in China! :D So during the holidays, I just wanted to be around familiar culture, familiar faces, etc.

Take some time to pause and perhaps breathe a bit. Spend time with family and friends because after your course, things will never be the same again. When you return for holidays it will be great. But when you return for good, you will realize things have changed considerably. For instance, your friends who are single will probably be married with children in 5 years time. Your close friends will miss you a lot but they will find other hobbies and other friends without you. So many things will change. So if possible take some time before you leave to look back and say goodbye to the things and people you are leaving because the next time you return, things may be different.

That said, you will absolutely love China. It's a new world. This year I will be marrying someone I met in China just a few months after I had arrived there for the first time~! Had I never gone (and I was oh so close to not going), I would have never met the love of my life! Almost all my friends fell in love in China and are now married to them (well, not necessarily to the local Chinese because there are so many people from different countries, haha). But that said, I wish all of you the best of luck.  I truly do! Oh...and you might face a lot of cultural challenges in China so remember one thing...make a promise to yourself that you will put a smile on your face no matter what. It will all be worth it in the end! :D

• Like 2

@ladyferoz

Too bad, my friend from my country (Southern Africa) received his bilateral scholarship offer today. I guess since you're in the same regional area, you will receive yours either today or tomorrow. Hope that will cheer you up

I have to state that I did not apply, I was in China sometime back!

@ jobm

Lol, I completely agree with you but I think Shuoshuo is a woman, since in her profile says so! :P  So, Ms. China is more suitable in this case! :P

@ Shuoshuo

Thank you so much for you truly cordial, encouraging and inspiring post!! It was great hearing your story and I wish you all the best in your new life with your husband!! :D  May all your dreams come true and have a wonderful life and family!!! :D

I would also love to hear news from you, about your marriage etc and exchange ours from China with you! In case you have a Facebook profile and want to share it with some of us, please send your name in a personal message and I will add you!

Anyway, congratulations on your marriage and new life and thank you sooooo much again for everything!!! :)

• Like 1

• New Members
@Kanjiology

thank you brother. 

unfortunately i cannot get scholarship, but i have a confusion, when i open my application on csc there is a status  The application form is currently checking.

can you please tell me what does it mean

Thank you for the encouragement, I appreciate it. It is my pleasure to help anyone whenever and wherever I can...and yes, I am female! :D

For those who are still waiting, I just want to tell you to not feel bad yet. I was told about my results (that I got the scholarship) by both my university and the Chinese embassy in my country early July. We are now on early August moving to mid-August and guess what...I don't have my documents yet, nor have I heard from my MOE (the government body who is responsible to notify the students in my country). I do not know what's causing the delay though because for many years, my MOE announces the results some time around late July which is standard for bilateral scholarships. So it is quite ridiculous that we do not have the results officially yet and the registration date for my university is on late August. So if they inform me some time next week, I will only have one more week to sort myself out before I have to leave.

So now I'm thinking about the students who were not told anything by their university nor their Chinese embassy, students who have to buy their own ticket and students who have a more complicated visa procedure. Sigh! :-?

• Like 1

@ahmedsunny41

There are still more lists, make sure to look through them all. 

http://study.njust.edu.cn/s/132/t/524/57/54/info22356.htm

http://study.njust.edu.cn/s/132/t/524/57/54/info22356.htm

http://study.njust.edu.cn/s/132/t/524/59/a1/info22945.htm

That CSC status usually means nothing, mine never updated and I got the scholarship. 

Hey guys!! I found out something really useful for all of you who are still waiting for your results!!! For those who wait their results from BLCU, there is another way to find out if they accepted you there or not!! :D  Go to this site:

http://admission.blcu.edu.cn/en/default.aspx

That's the official BLCU site for international students. On right top of the page, there is a search button saying with moving letters "Admission Information Query". If you click inside there and input your personal details, the system will tell you if you are accepted or not!!! I tried it for myself and even though I didn't apply directly to the uni but through the Embassy of China in EU, the system still found my result!!! So, check it out for yourself!! :D

Unfortunately, I cannot help the rest of you who are waiting the results for other unis but you can search their respective websites to see if they have something similar!!!

Good luck to everyone!!! :D

• Like 1

justforget - By now everyone who have applied directly to the universities should know whether they got the scholarship or not. So if you have not received any notification then there is a high chance your application was not successful. There is only about 3 weeks left for registrations to begin in many Chinese universities. Within this period, many should be sorting out their plane ticket and visa, and then pack. Not much time left to do anything else.

@mazi I live in South Africa and since it is weekend I think they will let us know next week :) I hope I am in. I don't know if I am in, btw, I applied for the bilateral scholarship like your friend and all I've heard is that "the embassy minimized people" so I could be one of them. But staying positive, good luck with the preparations to the others