Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Thank you so much Elijah, I sincerely wish that you could champion a face book group page for Nigerians where issues relating to our country and CSC would be discussed. I joined a group of Pakinstans on Facebook and to my surprise, 80% of those who applied got the admission because of the enlightenment and assistance being rendered to each other. kindly do same for we Nigerians Elijah. How do I get a supervisor from any institution in China ahead of next year so that I can increase my chances. Moreover, I chose other schools in a separate application but I didn't receive any mail from them since march, only Dalian University of Technology mailed me that they have received my application. Do i still stand a chance to be shortlisted by other schools? Harbin Engineering University, Hebei University of Engineering, Liaoning University of technology, please enlighten...

1) What is your native country? Brunei Darussalam

2) Where did you apply?  Through Chinese embassy in Brunei

3) When did you apply?  16.02.16
4) When was the deadline? End of March
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? 3 years master program in management science and engineering in Chinese language
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? BNU,Tongji and Tianjin University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? yes with an award letter from the embassy,received the pre admission letter 29.3.16
9) What agency number did you use? Chinese embassy in Brunei
10) Where did you get your physical done? Government hospital
11) How did you get your documents notarized? -
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes.
13) How were you notified? Through whatsapp from Chinese embassy
14) When were you accepted/rejected? July 27
15) What school and program were you accepted to? 3 years master program in management science and engineering with one year Chinese preparatory course at Beijing Normal University 

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for the results too but there's this thing I was wondering about.

I put BLCU as my first choice since I had a pre-admission letter for that. The other two were Shangai Intl. Studies Uni. and Sun Yat-Sen Uni. I wanted either of the last two actually but they didn't give me a pre-admission letter back when I was applying so I could only add them as my second and third choices.

What I wondered is, if I actually get the scholarship, is it possible to apply to either SYSU or SHISU since they were in my list too? Or is only enrolling to the university with pre-admission letter accepted? How do those enrolling and all work?

@I.carrranza

Well, if it could make you feel better, the embassy applicants of my country have not even been notified YET.

@breaknet where are you from?

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

@haerviu

To my understanding, CSC just goes down the list of preferred universities until it one of them accepts you. Once you get accepted and CSC makes an offer I don't think you can change. I'm not too sure how pre-admission letters may affect this, but hopefully we can find out more about the process once more results come out, as I know @Chris Two Times got a pre-admission letter from a university that wasn't even on his preferred list. We'll just have to wait and see!

• Like 1

@Loof

Yeah, I think if one were to submit a pre-admissions letter from one's indicated first choice, then CSC would probably steer toward sending the candidate to that first choice.

As you indicated, my situation has been a bit of an anomaly. I did submit one pre-admissions letter from a university, BUT, that institution was not even listed in my three choices on my application.

On my application for one year of language study as a non-major, I chose: (1) Tsinghua University, (2) Peking University, (3) Capital University of Economics and Business. I couldn't procure a pre-admissions letter from any of those three (well, didn't ask CUEB, I only asked Tsinghua and BeiDa), so in an act of desperation I turned to Beijing Normal University and they gladly issued me a pre-admissions letter that I promptly submitted to the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC after they issued me the Award Letter for Candidacy.

Well, based on my correspondence with Chen Li, the official in the Chinese Embassy in DC, it appears that I will be going to Tsinghua after all, so in the end, CSC disregarded that pre-admissions letter from BNU that I sent in, and just went with my first choice anyway.

Now, I am going crazy (like the rest of us, haha!) waiting for the official paperwork from the Chinese Embassy. THIS is the moment I have been dreading. I had been calm up til last week because I was in China so I couldn't even get the paperwork anyway. Now that I am back at my permanent address in the U.S., I have been checking the mail several times a day. Ugh.

May all of us still have a few ounces of patience left in our reserve fuel tanks. Hang in there!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

I asked the Chinese Consulate here about the admission form and visa application and they said they had received it today. Hopefully that means others are receiving it as well. 

• Like 1

1) What is your native country? USA
2) Where did you apply? Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC
3) When did you apply? middle of March
4) When was the deadline? April 1st
6) What program did you apply for? 1 year Chinese language program
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? (1) Tsinghua University, (2) Peking University, (3) Capital University of Economics and Business
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? agency no. for Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC
10) Where did you get your physical done? health center for foreigners in the north of Haidian District, Beijing
11) How did you get your documents notarized? during the previous summer, 2015, I got it done for free at a bank in my Ohio hometown
13) How were you notified? Email from embassy.
14) When were you accepted/rejected? July 25
15) What school and program were you accepted to? Tsinghua University

***As I mentioned I did procure and submit to the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC a pre-admissions letter from a university (Beijing Normal University) that was not even in my top three. I submitted this pre-admissions letter after I received an Award Letter from the Embassy in the second half of April. In the end that letter seems to have been disregarded.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

I asked the Chinese Consulate here about the admission form and visa application and they said they had received it today. Hopefully that means others are receiving it as well. 

@Cantabile

Many thanks for that juicy tidbit! Hopefully, the papers will be on their way to our addresses very soon!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@Loof

On July 25th, I sent her a quick inquiry asking if I may kindly request information about my status and when I could receive documents. She responded that same day with that news.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 1

EMBASSY Applicants  Have the Table.............................................

The beauty of time is that as long as we live, it shall come to pass.

LET IT ROLL FREELY.....................

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEW CONFIRMATIONS

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10. Tomzuklin

11. josesierrag

12. Jude

13. Kristin

14. yano-chin

15. Rebel

16. Abednego

17. Alex_Hart

18. Jpl

19. igzhbt

20. Angelica zar

21. Malte_goes_China

22. yaozilan

23. ELIJAH

24. Adonaiserver

25. Simpleasy

26. abou

27. beginagain

28. melissalaine

29. nvp 18

30. Mel410

31. Cantabile

32. Beth Rillera

33. LaszloBalogh

34. adamr13

35. Ceci095

36. ParisParis

37. Ml14229

38. Willamcarey

39. Koolesttom

40. animus128

41. TyO

42. genzaimu

43. Budi S

FINALLY FINALLY CONGRATULATIONS 

44. @ZolooB

45. @Stephneeli

46.@ Lolo

• Like 1

@ParisParis

CSC registration vs school registration

Everyone must do CSC registration on the CSC website. Some schools require you to register on their website if you must apply through University based scholarship. When you get the scholarship, the University sends you the admission notice. You report on the date contained on the admission notice to carry on with enrolment and afterwards, classes begin.

If you applied through the embassy (bilateral relationship between your country and China), the embassy is your agency. You register on CSC platform, you choose 3 schools in the process. The embassy recommends you to CSC. CSC checks your papers, awards scholarship, contacts your first choice school, then second and third if the first doesn’t work.

CSC will find a school for you if none of your choices accepts you. They will send your documents to the school. The school prepares admission notice after confirming availability of suitable supervisor and academic programme that suits you.

This long talk has been explained over and over. Have a great time.

@horlajide

I will try when we are done with all these. I will also direct on supervisor getting skills.

Well, looks like that email to Chen Li really did the trick. I was awarded the scholarship to study mathematics at Tsinghua for the fall semester! Now to just wait for the visa documents to arrive  :D

I'm so excited and relieved that I finally have a definitive answer. Thanks a lot @Chris Two Times, if I didn't follow your advice I would've been kept in the dark even longer! And again Tsinghua applicants, I encourage you all to log into your Tsinghua portals (NOT laihua) to check your status. Chris and myself both had "Admitted" statuses and we both got the scholarship. This isn't definitive, but I think it's a good indicator that you'll be awarded the scholarship!

• Like 1

@Loof

my status in Tsinghua webpage is exactly this: Admission Result:

Admitted (Valid only when all required paper documents are submitted.) 

it has been like this since a month ago.. your status also said that?? 

@Imam

Yes, mine said exactly that, as well as "Paper Document Status: Received".

This is most certainly NOT a definitive answer, but I believe it is a good sign if yours says that! However, you will need further confirmation, so I'd say just email whoever is in charge of distributing the documents for your country and hope for the best.

Oh, and I should probably do that thing.

1) What is your native country? USA
2) Where did you apply? IIE in New York (who then sent it to the embassy in DC)
3) When did you apply? Mid-March
4) When was the deadline? April 1st
6) What program did you apply for? One semester general scholarship for studying mathematics
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1) Tsinghua University 2) Beijing Forestry University 3) Fudan University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? I received a pre-admission letter from Tsinghua as well as an award letter from the embassy
9) What agency number did you use? 8401
10) Where did you get your physical done? My home university's health clinic
11) How did you get your documents notarized? Notary at my home university
13) How were you notified? Email from embassy.
14) When were you accepted/rejected? July 27
15) What school and program were you accepted to? Tsinghua University, fall semester math

• Like 1

@i.carranza

I am from Québec, Canada.

Furthermore, the Consul told us that we should get notified by the end of July. However, it is the same guy who told me that my medical exams had to be done PRIOR contacting my targeted universities.

So, it worths what it worths.

LETS WELCOME THE NEW COMERS ON THE LIST 

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10. Tomzuklin