Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

hi freinds;

i just want to ask you about the air ticket, i must give the university the détails of my For the flight route, and there is no direct fly from algiers (algeria) to nanjing (300 km from shanghai), so i don't know if i will take :  

algiers-francfort-nanjing or

algiers-shanghai-nanjing or

algiers-beijing-nanjing

what do you think?

@simpleasy

The 24h for registering is not really serious thing. Most of the Universities will have one day (or more) when they take groups to the police station for registration. You have to do it yourself if you live outside campus. If you plan on traveling for a week or two its ok to do without registration since your hotel/hostel will cover that for you. if you are not sure just contact someone from ISO of your University.

• Like 3

@I.M

As a CSC scholarship candidate, you should have no worries about accommodation and registration for room. As soon as you receive your scholarship documents. You will find the date you are expected to register in the University. You could arrive 1 or 2 days earlier than that date. A room has been reserved for you already in the International Students Dorm of your University. Chinese students are not allowed to live with International students in the same dorm.

I hope this helps

• Like 1

@Adedapo

Embassy does not submit all applications. If it were so, then CSC would have been taking applications directly from individuals. They go through agencies to serve as the first sieve, to reduce the number of applications they will handle. The agencies such as embassy or University screens and forwards selected candidates to CSC.

Dear Dapo, August is just a day away. We expect MOFCOM Results soon. We hope for the best and God's time is the best. As humans, we know very little and we operate with that little knowledge. Hope for the best and accept the results that will come soon with joy. It will be cheerful for you if you think so.

• Like 1

@ pho

If you are on scholarship, what you need is X1 Visa.

On arrival in China, you forget your visa and get residence permit within 30 days.

Going into Hong Kong counts as another country as far as immigration controls are concerned. They have separate visa requirements. You may be able to apply for a visa at the Public Security Bureau (PSB) office in China. An additional complication is that entering Hong Kong counts as leaving China. You require a second entry visa, multi-entry visa or similar to get back into China again.

@AGWOM

You will apply on CSC website and on the Unis websites. Use different e-mail addresses on the CSC website. It is not illegal. Find many profs in your area of study in the UNIS. Contact them, be sure to manage them well. If not, it will all backfire! We talk more later. You have my contacts already. Additinally (elijah.odii@unn.edu.ng)

@Cantabile

Hahahahaha …..you have burnt the bridge. Congrats

@ Sonya

Your sister should inform the CSC through her University and I think that will be alright but her actions portend danger for future applicants. She should have known that China with a population of above a billion persons is not an easy place to be. However, tough people do enjoy themselves in China as I will Haahahahahahahahahahahahahahah……………

@dvsbuk

Hahahahahahah…..August is just one day away. We are expectant to have MOFCOMERS come on the list

@ I.carranza

See you soon, that is my Uni too. Dept of Environmental Sciences and Engineering. Ph.D programme. email: elijah.odii@unn.edu.ng

@leemakosa

Hahahahahahaha……. Me too. Congratulations again

@simpleasy

On the application for visa. Your purpose was to go for study. I was advised to come in at the time that my dorm will be ready. I had desired to go earlier too. If you arrive earlier, you must foot your accommodation bill in a hotel before getting to the dorm. If you won’t go to dorm first, you must still visit the police station in the hotel area where you are lodged, so I think.

GROW LIST GROW     SING WITH ME      GROW LIST GROW WE are waiting for no 60 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO IS BOOKING THE 60TH SPACE???????????????????

WE HOPE IT SHOULD BE A MOFCOMER

CONGRATS

Razumihin,  XXX13, Sonya,  I.carraza

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10. Tomzuklin

11. josesierrag

12. Jude

13. Kristin

14. yano-chin

15. Rebel

16. Abednego

17. Alex_Hart

18. Jpl

19. igzhbt

20. Angelica zar

21. Malte_goes_China

22. yaozilan

23. ELIJAH

24. Adonaiserver

25. Simpleasy

26. abou

27. beginagain

28. melissalaine

29. nvp 18

30. Mel410

31. Cantabile

32. Beth Rillera

33. LaszloBalogh

34. adamr13

35. Ceci095

36. ParisParis

37. Ml14229

38. Willamcarey

39. Koolesttom

40. animus128

41. TyO

42. genzaimu

43. Budi S

44. ZolooB

45. Stephneeli

46. Lolo

47. Loof

NEW ENTRANTS

48. I.M

49. Azre.M

50. haerviu

51. Angels_touch

52. Aphorisme

53. grawrt

54. Brendin

55. horlajide

56. Razumihin

57. XXX13

58. Sonya

59. I.carraza

• Like 2

hi freinds;

i just want to ask you about the air ticket, i must give the university the détails of my For the flight route, and there is no direct fly from algiers (algeria) to nanjing (300 km from shanghai), so i don't know if i will take :

algiers-francfort-nanjing or

algiers-shanghai-nanjing or

algiers-beijing-nanjing

what do you think?

I m sure Beijing is closer to Nanjing.

Get ticket to Beijing then connect to Nanjing via Bullet train.

There is no need to notify ur xul abt ur travelling aarrangements...

What is important is to be ther during the day so as to avoid facing hustles.

When u are sure that u will arrive during the night yes there z a need to contact the xul so that accommodation can be sorted in advance

@Razumihin, congrats on the scholarship. I am going to Tianjin as well, to Nankai University. Add my we chat if you feel like it and maybe I can make a we chat group for CSCers in Tianjin, so we can hang out sometime?

If there is anyone else here going to tianjin, add me too!

My ID is : yaozilan

​Best regards and more good luck for everyone still waiting!

@Elijah

Thank you for your feedback.When i asked them about the dorm registration they wrote to me that it opens on 1 of august, but they didn't wrote any details.

I asked them about the time the registration opens and the website where I  can register for accommodation, but no replay.

1) What is your native country? Germany

2) Where did you apply? Through DAAD

3) When did you apply? Feb 12

4) When was the deadline? Feb 15

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? 1 semester general advanced program in chinese language

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1.Fudan University, 2. Zhejiang University, 3. SISU

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 2801 branch of DAAD in Beijing

10) Where did you get your physical done? Family doctor

11) How did you get your documents notarized? By a notary

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes

13) How were you notified? No notification, the uni have sent the documents directly to DAAD and then to me

14) When were you accepted/rejected? July 20, I got the admission notice

15) What school and program were you accepted to? General Advanced Program in chinese language at Fudan University

• Like 1

I m sure Beijing is closer to Nanjing.

Get ticket to Beijing then connect to Nanjing via Bullet train.

There is no need to notify ur xul abt ur travelling aarrangements...

What is important is to be ther during the day so as to avoid facing hustles.

When u are sure that u will arrive during the night yes there z a need to contact the xul so that accommodation can be sorted in advance

@abou

It is four to five hours by bullet train from Beijing to Nanjing.

I use ctrip to check train ticket times, prices, and availability. For example, for September 1st:

http://english.ctrip.com/trains/list?DepartDate=09-01-2016&DepartureStation=北京&ArrivalStation=南京&DepartureCity=beijing(北京)&ArrivalCity=nanjing(南京)&TrainNo=&searchboxArg=t#ctm_ref=hp_sb_tn

Maybe flying into Shanghai would be a good idea too. Only one to two hours by train from Shanghai to Nanjing:

http://english.ctrip.com/trains/list?DepartDate=09-01-2016&DepartureStation=上海&ArrivalStation=南京&DepartureCity=shanghai(上海)&ArrivalCity=nanjing(南京)&TrainNo=&searchboxArg=t#ctm_ref=hp_sb_tn

Be careful, train tickets do sell out.

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

@ Hiwot which UNI did you applied? I only applied to  HUST because I already had a Pre - admission letter  from HUST and when I asked at the ECCO office in Zanzibar they said it was not a problem so I carried on and completed the application.

@leemakosa

@Chris Two Times

My air-tickets are covered by the scholarship program. the university shall help their government in the air-ticket booking issues, the registration date is Sept. 5 to 7, so the flight route i provide to them is only for reference.

thank you guys, i just choose (algiers -francfort - nanjing) because I hope that i will not be lost and miss the registration date.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone! I just recently found this thread and I am excited to be returning to China. 

1) What is your native country? USA
2) Where did you apply? Washington, DC
3) When did you apply? March 30 (last minute) 
4) When was the deadline? April 1st
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? 1 yr Chinese Language Study
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? (1) Fudan University, (2) Shanghai Jiaotong  (3) Tongji University
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? I applied after I got a letter from the embassy to ask for pre-admission. I received a letter from Fudan and Shanghai Jiaotong 
9) What agency number did you use? 8401
10) Where did you get your physical done? Local Physician
11) How did you get your documents notarized? I honestly don't remember (so much going on and running around during the process)
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes.
13) How were you notified? Email from embassy.
14) When were you accepted/rejected? July 27
15) What school and program were you accepted to? Fudan University 1 yr Chinese Language study

I am super excited to return back! I am slightly thinking about living off campus in a cheap apartment, if anyone is attending Fudan and is interested, please let me know!

• Like 1