Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@hannafit

I always find that my jetlag from China to the States is far worse than my jetlag from the States to the China, that's just me. I am dealing with it at the moment. Well, it gets me up early and get the day started here, so it's all right.

Get the visa from the Embassy first. That is your "ticket" to enter China and I believe you have three months to do so after you receive it. As we are on a tight schedule, that won't be a problem.

Next, after you enter China, you will have 30 days to take that visa to then register and get the residence permit from the initial study visa (X). This is what you really want/need. This makes your presence in China legal and it will probably be valid til July of 2017. Getting this should be all you'll need. You shouldn't need to then get an extra re-entry visa. Having the valid residence permit should allow you to freely enter and exit China. Hope it all works out for you!

Warm regards,

Chris Two Times

• Like 2

@maihate

I called last Monday the person who picked up the phone checked my name and told me as soon as they get the admission notification, they will contact me. He also told me the responsible person for the scholarship is on vacation and she won't be here until July 31.

By the way any of mofcom applicants in my country haven't got any call or email from ECCO embassy so we all are on waiting game. 

Hopefully there will be good news starting from August 1

• New Members

I'm usually just silent reader but I just received scholarship at Yunnan University. Is there anyone here going to Yunnan? I'm so excited because finally I can leave my sucky job that I really hate and have chance to go to new place and meet new people.

Hello guys congrats to you all. I am new here, though i am planning on applying for  masters scholarship in china by next year. @Elijah and @Angels_touch i hail una with my other naija guys. I intend on applying to two universities (Hohai University and China University of Petroleum, Beijing). My confusion is that should i register two accounts on the CSC website, each account for each university? Or how should i go about it? Please i need some light in this grey areas. Please @Angels_Touch i will really like to get information about application to Hohai University (Whatsapp number 08137964277)

I have been to my embassy yesterday and from what I understand the whole MOFCOM proces is mostly finished. Talked with ECCO  people and there are couple spots left plus they are ironing things out. Looks like someone from last year ditched their Uni and now CSC wants some assurance for future. Since its meant to be prestige program and all that. My ECCO told me that I will have sign some documents that I will complete studies and stuff like that. Don't know if it applies anywhere else or only in Poland. 

Anyways from what I understand calling is better than sending them e-mails.

Hi guys! I am a student who got the Shanghai Government Scholarship.

However, I am writing for my sister who last year got a EU Window scholarship. She is now back for her holidays and, as a bachelor's degree student, she had a true hard time for the procedures, the lifestyle, the exams and finals for scholarship confirmation and of course the lenght of her course: 4 years, which for the majority of foreigners become 5 or even 6. At the end of this first year she is wishing to give up her study and start a new university carreer in Europe. I may ask if some of you know how a scholarship can be refused even if the case concerned is of a 1 year of complete study. While in a China she tried to ask the office but the only thing said was that it is up to her and the scholarship issue must be discussed with the Scholarship Council.

If she doesn't go back to China which documents should I bring to the school or which procedures should we go through? Can I go there for her?

Thanks and I hope some of you can bring me some good information. Saludos!!

1) What is your native country? Costa Rica

2) Where did you apply? Costa Rica Consulate Bilateral program

3) When did you apply? March 27

4) When was the deadline? March 31

5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No

6) What program did you apply for? Undergraduate Program with one year of Chinese preparation courses

7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. Fudan 2. Tongji. Sichuan University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes

9) What agency number did you use? 1881

10) Where did you get your physical done? ASEMBIS

11) How did you get your documents notarized? Ministry of international affairs (Casa amarilla)

12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes.

13) How were you notified? Email

14) When were you accepted/rejected? 29th of July

15) What school and program were you accepted to? Fudan University - Chinese Language and Literature

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

Does anyone know how to go about getting a residence permit?

My flight will arrive on August 27, but my dorm is only available on September 5. So I'm thinking about doing some travelling first. Is that possible on an X1 visa?

The documents I received from my uni said I need to register at the local police station within 24 hours after arriving in China. 

So do we need to go to our university city within 24 hours? 

@simpleasy.

It really depends: if before the dorm becomes available you stay at a hotel, most probably they will take care of the registration on your behalf. If you stay at a hostel of if you are hosted by someone, you need to go to the closest local police office and register yourself simply bringing your passport with you.

To convert the X1 visa into a residence permit, if you are in Beijing usually you need to go to the public security bureau, entry and exit administration. Don't know about other cities.