Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

@Torreno I've had mixed luck with emailing. I have emailed them over a dozen times and gotten fewer than three responses. Most of these responses did not actually answer my question, e.g. Question: "Could you tell me when school will begin for those accepted for a 1-year language program" gets answered with "Yes of course we can!". If possible, give them a call. I realize this is difficult for many students, but c'est la vie. While globalization has flattened the world, our expenses continue to rise.

@Elijah: I'm no chief, just another lost soul waiting on the machinery of the Chinese bureaucracy to tell me my future! Thank you for your continued updates to the list!

@Everyone: Congratulations to all of those who have recently received acceptances! For those who are wondering about receiving their acceptance package, I received an email asking for my home address about two weeks before receiving my package. This may change depending on where you are in the world, and what sort of postage your school pays for. 

@Chris Two Times

Thank you for your consolation :'D I plan on using an agency once they mail me the documents. However if you think it could be faster by going straight to the Embassy in DC I might do that. It's funny because I received that email as well and was looking around at everyone they sent it to. Some people are in there by name and others just by email address...I was in the list by email address :'D It's been a week since I responded with my address and still no documents. With being in DC I thought I would have had them by now. The director at the Confucius institute at my school said maybe I should just go to the embassy and pick them up. If they've already mailed it by now (WHICH I HOPE) then it's too late for that. 

That is so awesome you are already in China. This will be my first time going to China and even being in the East. 

@Alex Hart

Are you sure we can't enter the city until September 8th? That is truly bizzare to me that they'd shut down the entire city in that way... :shock: I would REALLY like to get there at least a week before or even 2 weeks before registration to deal with my jet lag. I wonder though when I get my documents if it will say anything about it. I emailed ZheDa two weeks ago asking when I could arrive at the school and still have no answer   :wall

• Like 2

@Alex_Hart

Hahahahahahha,

Your future is not in their hands.

You will ultimately become whatever you will become whether you study in China or not.

You may have plotted a chart in your mind of what you expect. "If I study in China, after that I will be able to do this or that". There are other ways of getting there even if you do not go to China, though you may not be seeing the ways now but they are there.

However, you will go to China! Congrats once again.

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I am Margo,

I have applied for csc scholarship to go to the summer program of Jiangsu University

My program starts the 1st of August

But I still haven't got any confirmation or anything else ( resufal, for instance),

So could you be so kind to explain what to do

and does it mean that i havent been accepted or what?

Thank u for understanding!!

No news from the embassy in Turkey either...

The weird thing is I called the embassy last Friday and the woman there said that they weren't in charge of scholarship stuff so she gave me the number of "Culture Section of the Embassy" but when I called that number no one picked it up.

Not even the embassy people here care about the scholarship I guess.  :(