Chinese-Forums

CSC 2016 Applications

Chris Two Times

Officially received my visa! 

Note to Americans: you will need to go to the embassy twice. The first time, you will drop off your passport and visa info, the second time you will pick it up. This was not an issue for me, but a person at a nearby window lived rather far away and was returning to their hometown that night. Also, REMEMBER YOUR RECEIPT. I forgot mine and they made me wait 2 hours before letting me pay even though there was no reason to do so (I was just picking up the passport and gave them a different ID). The Chinese bureaucracy will punish your incompetence!

@Hanna @Chris I was stressed about the same thing - thanks for setting us straight, Chris! I'm sure you'll grow accustomed to the Chinese way soon, Hanna. I find the people that don't adjust are generally the ones who don't particularly want to dip their toes into a culture different than their own. I'm afraid I have no clue about the arrival time - I would note that if your plane is arriving at Shanghai around 6pm, it will take you longer than that to get to 浙大。Are you heading over on Sep 7th?

@Angelina I've texted you with my WeChat!

• Like 1

@Breaknet. Thanks.

Other members of the forum and the visa service of the embassy suggested that the X2 visa (up to 180 days) could not be renewed in China so I am glad it seems possible after all.  

Was it your personal experience or the experience of someone you know? Did you or this other person managed to get another 6 months?

@Elijah. Thanks. Unfortunately I only get a 6 months scolarship so I can only apply for a X2 visa valid for up to 180 days. With this visa you don't need to get a residence permit.

My aim is to get another scholarship or an apprenticeship to stay for another 6 months at the end of my semester in Shanghai. If I succeed I will need to get another X2 visa and it will be a bother to leave and re-enter China. Hence my request from members who might have been in the same situation.

Hong Kong could be a not too costly solution if I can't renew my visa in China.

@Lancegonza

Here i am a Uganda still waiting too. However i would advise you to vist the embassy and inquire of any developmebts .

However tht is if u had applied for CSC generally but for MOFCOM we all knw results are not yet out but we are all waiting this month of August

@ Chanii

Congrats indeed. We are Fudanites. I hope to reach you on wechat when I create an account. Fudan is a great place.

@Jacksoncd1

I am going to Fudan Jackson. Congratulations on your scholarship . I may be interested however, my interest will not be declared until I get there and assess things on ground.

No. 63... LOADed........

Thank God for the 60s

This is surely a good year.

Congrats to the new entrants on the list.

We hope we reach 100 as MOFCOMERS BEGIN TO COME

1. Economicactivist

2. Chris Two Times

3. Antsa

4. leemakosa

5. Sula

6. not89

7. samrat

8. Hanafit

9. Paraprove

10. Tomzuklin

11. josesierrag

12. Jude

13. Kristin

14. yano-chin

15. Rebel

16. Abednego

17. Alex_Hart

18. Jpl

19. igzhbt

20. Angelica zar

21. Malte_goes_China

22. yaozilan

23. ELIJAH

24. Adonaiserver

25. Simpleasy

26. abou

27. beginagain

28. melissalaine

29. nvp 18

30. Mel410

31. Cantabile

32. Beth Rillera

33. LaszloBalogh

34. adamr13

35. Ceci095

36. ParisParis

37. Ml14229

38. Willamcarey

39. Koolesttom

40. animus128

41. TyO

42. genzaimu

43. Budi S

44. ZolooB

45. Stephneeli

46. Lolo

47. Loof

NEW ENTRANTS

48. I.M

49. Azre.M

50. haerviu

51. Angels_touch

52. Aphorisme

53. grawrt

54. Brendin

55. horlajide

56. Razumihin

57. XXX13

58. Sonya

59. I.carraza

60. Dinaaa

61 Chanii

62. jacksoncd1

63. Breaknet

• Like 2

Hi everyone, My name is Darren Chung and I have been accepted to study at BLCU for 1 year (Chinese Language). Then I will be starting my Major 4 year Undergraduate Program 'Tourism Management' at Dongbei University.

1) What is your native country? MAURITIUS ISLAND
2) Where did you apply? CSC
3) When did you apply? 29th March
4) When was the deadline? 30th April
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before?  No
6) What program did you apply for? Undergraduate 'Tourism Management' Program and 1 year Chinese Language
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Dongbei, Zhejiang, Shandong
8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? Yes 
9) What agency number did you use? 4801
10) Where did you get your physical done? At a well known clinic in my country
11) How did you get your documents notarized? At the Chinese Embassy
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why?  Yes
13) How were you notified? Phone call from the Chinese Embassy
14) When were you accepted/rejected? 29th July
15) What school and program were you accepted to? I have been accepted at Dongbei University for my major in 'Tourism Management' but I will have a 1 year Chinese language program at BLCU first.

@haerviu : Hello.. I have also been accepted at BLCU and the registration is from the 30th Aug to 02nd Sep... Would you mind if we can be friends as we are in the same situation ? Thanks in advance

@Mel410:  Hi Mel... I have been accepted at BLCU too ... Is it possible to add me to the BLCU WeChat group also please ? Thanks

My WeChat ID is :  daren2503

1) What is your native country? Québec, Canada
2) Where did you apply? At the Quebec Consulate
3) When did you apply? March 30th (last minute)
4) When was the deadline? April 1st
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? Master degree in Administration Science, but I got refused at first due to my non-existent math background
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? 1. China Ocean University 2. Sun Yat-sen University 3. Guangxi University

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No
9) What agency number did you use? The Québec Consulate number
10) Where did you get your physical done? Private hospital (super expensive, I recommend to do it in China: it is not required prior getting the scholarship)
11) How did you get your documents notarized? I didn't notarize my documents
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes, the CSC found a place for me at Northeastern University (东北大学)
13) How were you notified? No notification, I had to call the Consulate directly
14) When were you accepted/rejected? I had to wait the Consul return (he was on vacation). The package arrived July 29th.
15) What school and program were you accepted to? Northeastern University (东北大学 ), in Administration Management

1) What is your native country? Algeria
2) Where did you apply? the Economics and Commercial Coursellor's Office of Chinese Embassy in algiers
3) When did you apply? June 12th 
4) When was the deadline? Middle of June
5) Have you applied for the scholarship before? No
6) What program did you apply for? Master degree in Meteorology ( English taught program)
7) What schools did you put for your preferences? Nanjing university of information science and technology (NUIST)

8 ) Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand? No

9) What agency number did you use? 10300
10) Where did you get your physical done? not yet, i will do it in a public hospital in my country, i wanted to do it in china, but i will need it in my visa application
11) How did you get your documents notarized? I have my documents notarized in an approved translator.
12) Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why? Yes,  Billateral program sponsored by Chinese Ministry of Commerce
13) How were you notified? firstly by the university, and today, was by the economic conselor of chinese ambassy.
14) When were you accepted/rejected?  The package arrived august 1st.
15) What school and program were you accepted to? Nanjing university of information science and technology ( NUIST), METEOROLOGY

• Like 1