Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2019

Matheus Salgado
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

Do any of you guys know after i go to china to study 本科(4years) and decide to come back, leave the university, what happens? Like do i have to pay for the scholarship or something? I know that if i fail my classes i will lose my scholarship, but what happens if i leave?

On 7/9/2019 at 3:17 PM, Thatie said:

Omg now that you have mentioned it, I realize that I have no idea when I'm supposed to get at my uni. When I applied on the university website it said our registration was on the 9th of September.

I guess now I have to contact them to ask which date specifically I should arrive. Have you already booked your plane ticket? Or you're waiting to process the visa first? 

Yes, probably the best thing is to contact your uni. They will book my ticket (im from latinamerica so i will get free ticket, same as african countries), yesterday they sent my a form to fill.

49 minutes ago, Tuxon said:

so i will get free ticket, same as african countries), yesterday they sent my a form to fill.

Wow Congrats. That is dope. I am stressing so much about my ticket even though I'm from an African country lol. I guess not all African countries get that plane ticket subsidy, in my country we buy our own tickets. Anyway Best of luck with all the other processes ?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Thatie said:

Wow Congrats. That is dope. I am stressing so much about my ticket even though I'm from an African country lol. I guess not all African countries get that plane ticket subsidy, in my country we buy our own tickets. Anyway Best of luck with all the other processes ?

Really?? Have you asked your uni about the plane ticket, if they will give or not??? I know they only give them if you are in 1 year scholarship or more time, if its 6 months scholarship they wont give you the plane ticket. If they dont give you the plane ticket its so sad! :(  its really a good help for us that dont have so high salaries as other countries.

5 hours ago, Tuxon said:

Really?? Have you asked your uni about the plane ticket, if they will give or not??? I know they only give them if you are in 1 year scholarship or more time, if its 6 months scholarship they wont give you the plane ticket. If they dont give you the plane ticket its so sad! :(  its really a good help for us that dont have so high salaries as other countries

Yeah I asked my uni if I should book my own flight & they said I should. They are only posting me the admittion & visa documents. Also I know others from my country who have won the 1 year scholarship before & they all had to buy their own tickets at the time. 

So yeah, Hanban must have selected a few African countries to help out & not the whole continent :(

On 7/10/2019 at 3:42 AM, AS said:

Finally I am on step 5! But I have no clue what to do now, because I didn't get any email and yesterday I have emailed my uni Zhejiang A&F but got no response.. any clue?

I'm also going to ZEMU, check your private messages. 

20 hours ago, Tuxon said:

Yes, probably the best thing is to contact your uni. They will book my ticket (im from latinamerica so i will get free ticket, same as african countries), yesterday they sent my a form to fill.

I'm my case, I will have to buy the plane ticket and get reimbursed by the Uni when I get to China, I wished They booked my ticket :( 

14 hours ago, Thatie said:

Yeah I asked my uni if I should book my own flight & they said I should. They are only posting me the admittion & visa documents. Also I know others from my country who have won the 1 year scholarship before & they all had to buy their own tickets at the time. 

So yeah, Hanban must have selected a few African countries to help out & not the whole continent :(

ohh, so sad!! :( then for sure isnt every country! 

2 hours ago, Kojiando said:

I'm my case, I will have to buy the plane ticket and get reimbursed by the Uni when I get to China, I wished They booked my ticket :( 

Im not quite sure why, maybe because our local CI has a partnership with the uni i applied?? Idk, for now the only ones in my country that got to stage 5 we are going to the same uni, so i dont know if in other unis without partnership is different.

Our coordinator from the uni told us: 请填写机票申请表后发我,保证信息准确,订你来中国长春的票

On the Excel form they ask for all our data and Desired Departure Date (希望乘机日期) 

I got my documents today (JW202 and 录取通知书), so I will probably apply for the visa soon. Just now I'm starting to believe I'm actually going to China to study, up until now it felt kinda like a dream, even when I got to stage 5 and got the official email from the university.

I will probably stop posting here, but congratulations to everyone who got the scholarship and good luck next time if you weren't fortunate enough. 

If anyone is coming to Beijing and would like to talk/take the same flight/meet up there let me know :) 

• Like 4

the wait is finally over for me. check your account because they don't send you a notification email if you don't get the scholarship.

感谢您对孔子学院奖学金的关注!非常遗憾,因奖学金名额有限,经专家评审,您未能获得2019年9月入学奖学金,欢迎您继续关注和申报其他批次。

Thank you for your interest in the Confucius Institute Scholarship! Unfortunately, due to the limited number of scholarships, you have not been able to receive the September 20th Admission Scholarship due to expert review. You are welcome to continue to follow and declare other batches.

congratulations to everyone who got it!

4 hours ago, zakinrhd said:

the wait is finally over for me. check your account because they don't send you a notification email if you don't get the scholarship.

感谢您对孔子学院奖学金的关注!非常遗憾,因奖学金名额有限,经专家评审,您未能获得2019年9月入学奖学金,欢迎您继续关注和申报其他批次。

Thank you for your interest in the Confucius Institute Scholarship! Unfortunately, due to the limited number of scholarships, you have not been able to receive the September 20th Admission Scholarship due to expert review. You are welcome to continue to follow and declare other batches.

congratulations to everyone who got it!

Sorry to read that!! Hope you can get it next time, and everyone who got rejected! Need to keep trying

• 2 weeks later...

Hows your process going?? Everyone went silence! I got my jw202 form and admission letter like 10 days ago, already went to the embassy and in 2 days i will go to pick up my passport and visa. And still no news about my plane ticket, once i pick up my passport i will ask them.

• Like 1

@lahore @AS when did they sent you the papers?? Via DHL? Mine took 1 week to arrive, was very fast (Maybe they sent it the fastest way since my city is almost 20.000km away haha)

For the medical check up you need to fill this form chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://www.visaforchina.org/MEL_EN/upload/Attach/mrbj/275119.pdf for what i read you can also do it in China for around 600rmb (idk if anyone know exactly)... I did it here since i could make it for free, and asked in the hospital to fill it up in English. If you are from a country that doesnt have Cholera, yellow fever, plague, leprosy and those diseases then you shouldnt make those tests, and only do the important ones that are full blood test, hiv, hepatitis and syphilis. X-ray for your chest and ECC 

On 7/29/2019 at 6:45 PM, Tuxon said:

Hows your process going?? Everyone went silence! I got my jw202 form and admission letter like 10 days ago, already went to the embassy and in 2 days i will go to pick up my passport and visa. And still no news about my plane ticket, once i pick up my passport i will ask them.

good for you :) I am still waiting for my jw202 from 厦门大学 they said that they sent it on late july, maybe it will arrive mid august. 

for medical check up, I am thinking to take the medical check up in china, so I didn't have to go to legalized my medical checkup result. I read on 厦门大学  website that if we already did our medical checkup at our home country, we still need to legalized it in china. but idk, maybe it doesn't apply for all uni. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, devinaandreas said:

for medical check up, I am thinking to take the medical check up in china, so I didn't have to go to legalized my medical checkup result. I read on 厦门大学  website that if we already did our medical checkup at our home country, we still need to legalized it in china. but idk, maybe it doesn't apply for all uni.

Ohh probably it depends on each university, in mine other students told us to just take the form filled up in english and with that its ok, bring the xray, ecg, blood tests. I guess some unis must be more strict that other ones, and doing all the legalize paperwork must be more expensive than just doing the medical exams in China, i think.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:45 AM, Tuxon said:

My uni just sent me  a "Application for the International Air Ticket of Confucius Institute Scholarship Students/孔子学院奖学金生国际机票申请表" along with this message:

订票注意:
尽快填写申请表
不得退改签
机票由我校进行政府采购

By the way, my CI was very surprised to find out that the uni is buying my plane ticket. 

• Like 2