Jump to content
Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

  • Why you should look around

    Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

    Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
Matheus Salgado

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2019

Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

 

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

 

Take a look around!

 

Lu

Message added by Lu

Recommended Posts

AS

Finally I am on step 5! But I have no clue what to do now, because I didn't get any email and yesterday I have emailed my uni Zhejiang A&F but got no response.. any clue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

pnrelfgmc

Do any of you guys know after i go to china to study 本科(4years) and decide to come back, leave the university, what happens? Like do i have to pay for the scholarship or something? I know that if i fail my classes i will lose my scholarship, but what happens if i leave?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuxon
On 7/9/2019 at 3:17 PM, Thatie said:

Omg now that you have mentioned it, I realize that I have no idea when I'm supposed to get at my uni. When I applied on the university website it said our registration was on the 9th of September.

I guess now I have to contact them to ask which date specifically I should arrive. Have you already booked your plane ticket? Or you're waiting to process the visa first? 

 

Yes, probably the best thing is to contact your uni. They will book my ticket (im from latinamerica so i will get free ticket, same as african countries), yesterday they sent my a form to fill.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thatie
49 minutes ago, Tuxon said:

so i will get free ticket, same as african countries), yesterday they sent my a form to fill.

Wow Congrats. That is dope. I am stressing so much about my ticket even though I'm from an African country lol. I guess not all African countries get that plane ticket subsidy, in my country we buy our own tickets. Anyway Best of luck with all the other processes 👊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuxon
57 minutes ago, Thatie said:

Wow Congrats. That is dope. I am stressing so much about my ticket even though I'm from an African country lol. I guess not all African countries get that plane ticket subsidy, in my country we buy our own tickets. Anyway Best of luck with all the other processes 👊

 

Really?? Have you asked your uni about the plane ticket, if they will give or not??? I know they only give them if you are in 1 year scholarship or more time, if its 6 months scholarship they wont give you the plane ticket. If they dont give you the plane ticket its so sad! :(  its really a good help for us that dont have so high salaries as other countries.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thatie
5 hours ago, Tuxon said:

Really?? Have you asked your uni about the plane ticket, if they will give or not??? I know they only give them if you are in 1 year scholarship or more time, if its 6 months scholarship they wont give you the plane ticket. If they dont give you the plane ticket its so sad! :(  its really a good help for us that dont have so high salaries as other countries

Yeah I asked my uni if I should book my own flight & they said I should. They are only posting me the admittion & visa documents. Also I know others from my country who have won the 1 year scholarship before & they all had to buy their own tickets at the time. 

So yeah, Hanban must have selected a few African countries to help out & not the whole continent :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kojiando
On 7/10/2019 at 3:42 AM, AS said:

Finally I am on step 5! But I have no clue what to do now, because I didn't get any email and yesterday I have emailed my uni Zhejiang A&F but got no response.. any clue?

I'm also going to ZEMU, check your private messages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kojiando
20 hours ago, Tuxon said:

Yes, probably the best thing is to contact your uni. They will book my ticket (im from latinamerica so i will get free ticket, same as african countries), yesterday they sent my a form to fill.

 

I'm my case, I will have to buy the plane ticket and get reimbursed by the Uni when I get to China, I wished They booked my ticket :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuxon
14 hours ago, Thatie said:

Yeah I asked my uni if I should book my own flight & they said I should. They are only posting me the admittion & visa documents. Also I know others from my country who have won the 1 year scholarship before & they all had to buy their own tickets at the time. 

So yeah, Hanban must have selected a few African countries to help out & not the whole continent :(

 

ohh, so sad!! :( then for sure isnt every country! 

 

2 hours ago, Kojiando said:

I'm my case, I will have to buy the plane ticket and get reimbursed by the Uni when I get to China, I wished They booked my ticket :( 

 

Im not quite sure why, maybe because our local CI has a partnership with the uni i applied?? Idk, for now the only ones in my country that got to stage 5 we are going to the same uni, so i dont know if in other unis without partnership is different.

Our coordinator from the uni told us: 请填写机票申请表后发我,保证信息准确,订你来中国长春的票

On the Excel form they ask for all our data and Desired Departure Date (希望乘机日期) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Janghyeok

I got my documents today (JW202 and 录取通知书), so I will probably apply for the visa soon. Just now I'm starting to believe I'm actually going to China to study, up until now it felt kinda like a dream, even when I got to stage 5 and got the official email from the university.

I will probably stop posting here, but congratulations to everyone who got the scholarship and good luck next time if you weren't fortunate enough. 

If anyone is coming to Beijing and would like to talk/take the same flight/meet up there let me know :) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zakinrhd

the wait is finally over for me. check your account because they don't send you a notification email if you don't get the scholarship.

 

感谢您对孔子学院奖学金的关注!非常遗憾,因奖学金名额有限,经专家评审,您未能获得2019年9月入学奖学金,欢迎您继续关注和申报其他批次。

 

Thank you for your interest in the Confucius Institute Scholarship! Unfortunately, due to the limited number of scholarships, you have not been able to receive the September 20th Admission Scholarship due to expert review. You are welcome to continue to follow and declare other batches.

 

congratulations to everyone who got it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tuxon
4 hours ago, zakinrhd said:

the wait is finally over for me. check your account because they don't send you a notification email if you don't get the scholarship.

 

感谢您对孔子学院奖学金的关注!非常遗憾,因奖学金名额有限,经专家评审,您未能获得2019年9月入学奖学金,欢迎您继续关注和申报其他批次。

 

Thank you for your interest in the Confucius Institute Scholarship! Unfortunately, due to the limited number of scholarships, you have not been able to receive the September 20th Admission Scholarship due to expert review. You are welcome to continue to follow and declare other batches.

 

congratulations to everyone who got it!

 

Sorry to read that!! Hope you can get it next time, and everyone who got rejected! Need to keep trying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...