Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2019

Matheus Salgado
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

Our local CI director (Argentina) told us they will also pay for our plane tickets, and i understand they do for all latin america countries and i think from african countries too.

We are just doing the inscription on the university website, when we finish this (June 21) we will ask to the university (in our case Jilin University) if they will actually book our plane tickets, now im kinda scared lol.

I know from previous years everyone from here got their free plane tickets, but since in that letter it says 2019 they might changed it? idk. Maybe it depends on each university.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tuxon said:

Our local CI director (Argentina) told us they will also pay for our plane tickets, and i understand they do for all latin america countries and i think from african countries too.

Do you have any idea if they do it for all African countries or maybe a selected few? 

I'll go to my CI next week to enquire. It would be so cool if they covered mine lol. I'm so stressed about it

8 hours ago, Kojiando said:

t says that the school will subsidise the plane tickets those students from venezuela, peru and colombia that are applying to the scholarships that last 1 year or more, it says that you need to add that wechat number and send them your name and passport number, and then a teacher will review the info and then proceed with the purchase of the tickets. 

What Uni are you applying to? did you got this info from hanban or the school?

Thanks a lot! Sorry for my late response, I received this from the university of Tianjin.

天津外语大学。

17 hours ago, Kojiando said:

Same situation here. I sent them the scholarship certificate 6 days ago, they haven´t reply so far, I´m extremely anxious because some people have stated that their Uni gave them a deadline to send  the documents the Uni needs in order to process the Visa paperwork. (or something like that)

We just need to wait patiently then! 

19 hours ago, Thatie said:

Do you have any idea if they do it for all African countries or maybe a selected few? 

I'll go to my CI next week to enquire. It would be so cool if they covered mine lol. I'm so stressed about it

I contacted someone who is applying to the same Uni as me, he is from Rwuanda. According to him, the scholarship also covers the plane tickets for african students. 

3 hours ago, Kojiando said:

the scholarship also covers the plane tickets for african students. 

Wow! Why didn't that happen to me, I'm African too yo! ?

Sorry! Just passing by! ? Wish u all good luck, I can relate to ur excitement and fear at the same time! 

Peace ✌

• Like 2

Do you guys know how much money, more or less, we should take just in case?? I read that some unis miss to give the first month of allowance in time (idk if i read it here or elsewhere), that maybe they make us redo the medical exams, books? last year i went for 1 month scholarship and we had to pay books for ourselves, sim card and other small things?? Maybe 5k rmb?

For those who are still waiting, the university sent us instructions to finish on June 21 (tomorrow), for registration in their webpage and for the mail to our country of our application and form, to make the visa. The mail ended if you are not coming or getting the scholarship let us now... from the 15 who got the scholarship theres 1 missing who havent show up, he isnt in the wechat group and didnt sent a mail to the university (Jilin university), in this case (as same as embassy scholarshipss) i guess 1 other person will need to be selected as substitute, to take the place of that person who didnt show up.

For those still in stage 4, I contacted Hanban to find out what was going on and received the following reply:

同学你好:仍有少部分申请者等待调剂,最终结果将在下周公布。

So I guess we'll need to wait until next week. All the best everyone!

• New Members

Hello guys can I join any of your wechat or something where we can talk? I'm applying recently and I just got stucked. It would be of immense help if I could join your social talk rooms or something. Thanks alot! Sorry that Im asking alot its just I have nowhere else to get help. Thanks for understanding!

@Tuxon

So first u have to send an email to ur uni and ask them when will u get the first allowance, some unis give it after the first month, some give in the first or second week, it's not the same... 

So if u'll get it after a month or more, make sure u have at least 4000¥ when u arrive in China, as u will pay for the Visa, Deposit, and general payments (some unis make u pay for books and midical exams, some don't and it's free) as well as transportation, food etc...... 

In my case, my uni told me that I would get my money after 2 weeks, but the 2 weeks turned out to be almost 2 months because of a BOC problem, and I just had 1500¥ with me, more than half of the money I spent on the paperwork and transportation (as I took a lot of taxies because I didn't know the road at first) but luckily I had good amount of $ with me so that helped a lot. 

So check with ur uni first and then decide, hope that helps ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

• New Members

Hi there, everyone!

I sucesfully got the scholarship and I've already completed and submitted the university application form online. In this case, I'm still have to pay application fee? 

Thank you for your answer! 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2019 at 11:06 AM, 李爱 said:

So first u have to send an email to ur uni and ask them when will u get the first allowance, some unis give it after the first month, some give in the first or second week, it's not the same... 

So if u'll get it after a month or more, make sure u have at least 4000¥ when u arrive in China, as u will pay for the Visa, Deposit, and general payments (some unis make u pay for books and midical exams, some don't and it's free) as well as transportation, food etc...... 

In my case, my uni told me that I would get my money after 2 weeks, but the 2 weeks turned out to be almost 2 months because of a BOC problem, and I just had 1500¥ with me, more than half of the money I spent on the paperwork and transportation (as I took a lot of taxies because I didn't know the road at first) but luckily I had good amount of $ with me so that helped a lot. 

So check with ur uni first and then decide, hope that helps ?

Thank you!! I will ask them but reading your experience i will take some money just in case things get pushed for some time, i have some RMB from my last trip but not much, 1200.

Also the university has been silent from last Tuesday, almost 1 week they dont answer mails or in the WeChat group -.-  , they asked we send everything before June 21 but they never replied to anyone if they have received the information. People who already went told me to build some patience since they are always like this (Maybe also as Hanban)

• Like 1

@Tuxon Mine is silent since the beginning (2 weeks already). For those who have emailed your uni did you receive an answer? Should I register at my uni website without awaiting their answer? I applied to Donghua uni.

And good luck everyone. I hope our patience will be rewarded ! 

38 minutes ago, Li Na said:

@Tuxon Mine is silent since the beginning (2 weeks already). For those who have emailed your uni did you receive an answer? Should I register at my uni website without awaiting their answer? I applied to Donghua uni.

And good luck everyone. I hope our patience will be rewarded ! 

I think not everyone needs to register into their websites system from what i have read, but im not quite sure!! I only know about my uni.

If you havent received any answer, mail or anything since you got to Stage 5 maybe you should contact to your local CI so they get in touch with the university. Or if your Chinese is good you could call them yourself. Also check your spam folder to see if you have any mail there.

In my case after i reach Stage 5 they sent a mail telling us to register into their university system and to send our physical address for visa paperwork, after that they stopped replying, i  contacted 2 days ago my local CI to check if it was everything ok. Yesterday my local CI mailed me saying the uni got all our data and address for sending the postal mail.

Also this week was previous scholarships holders graduations, so they also have a lot of paperwork with that, its not just us trying to get in, but all those people doing all the paperwork to go out. So thats why everything its so slow.

22 minutes ago, Tuxon said:

Also this week was previous scholarships holders graduations, so they also have a lot of paperwork with that, its not just us trying to get in, but all those people doing all the paperwork to go out. So thats why everything its so slow.

I think some of the uni will begin the enrollment paperwork in july. I've sent email to 厦门大学 and they say that I need to wait patiently because they will start the enrollment process in july. 

1 hour ago, Li Na said:

Should I register at my uni website without awaiting their answer? I applied to Donghua uni.

I am still waiting for the uni to give clear instruction because at xiamen uni website there is no cis option. 

@Tuxon @devinaandreas Thank you for your answers. When I sent my email to the uni I received an automatic reply saying that due to the large amount of emails they receive every day they won’t be able to respond promptly.

So maybe they will also start the enrollment process in July.

My CI is not really well informed but I will ask them to call the uni if needed because I really want to have all the paperwork behind me so I can finally relax.