Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@pho

Sorry for the late reply.

Dianka is correct regarding the physical exam.

Less than 180 days - no physical exam

More than 180 days - must have physical exam

The physical can be done either in your home country or in China, usually through the healthcare provider hired by the university. It will be an extra step during registration. Those who do it in their country, the results will be verified by someone in the university during registration. They don't actually have to be in Chinese. As long as they are written in a language the inspectors can understand. A lot of times there's one inspector who can understand English. If it's a fancier uni, maybe there are some who can understand Japanese, Korean, Russian, etc. but no guarantee.

Caveat though, some embassies require visa applicants to do it in their countries anyway. For a time (during my time) the embassy in Manila required all X visa applicants to submit the physical exam. But when I asked our scholarship students from last year, they said it is no longer required. They all just did it in China. So I think it's best to ask your embassy, as this is mainly a visa concern. One thing's for sure: you have to pay for your own physical exam.

• Like 1

@hoshinoumi

Even I think Xi'an is taking too long! Wow!

All of my applicants here in the Philippines have their docs already. Sorry that doesn't help you. Can't your CI do anything? I really hope it arrives soon!

Today I applied my visa and will be done in the next tuesday, I'm actually a lil bit confused about how they ask me to tick the "one entry valid for 3 months from the date of issue", they told me that I can only choose that option, then once I arrived in China, I need to change that to residence permit. I told them I'm going for 1 year. Is this actually the way it should be?? Or I made a mistake?Pls answer

@stef1992

As from my understanding of the situation, you are applying for X1 visa... Then it is correct, you get one entry visa that you have to change to residence permit within 30 days after entry. Not sure what should be done after you exit and enter with this residence permit (maybe smb here who had it before can advise).

Don't be worried to much, the most important is that you have said them exactly what visa do you need and that you have correct dates and so on on your invitation form and admission letter. The tick you mark there does not actually mean a visa type :D

For me, they marked the same :D I was really worried since I needed X2 for 6 months (so like two times longer than my visa application said), but they told it is just the way it works :D and I got correct X2 visa for six month, as I needed.

• New Members

@adamr13 Yeah, I saw that. Thanks anyway.

So I was awarded CSC EU-Window scholarship too, that's why my Confucius Institute Scholarship was withdrawn. Only problem is that my Confucius Insitute Scholarship was for one academic year but CSC scholarship is just for one semester...  :/  Argh. Now I can study only one semester, even though I was first awarded for one year. :wall

Posted Yesterday, 06:46 AM

@hoshinoumi

Even I think Xi'an is taking too long! Wow!

All of my applicants here in the Philippines have their docs already. Sorry that doesn't help you. Can't your CI do anything? I really hope it arrives soon!

Unfortunately my CI's help has always been close to none; but anyway yesterday my family told me there's a package something waiting for me so yay!!

• Like 1

Hello everyone, 

I applied for both the Confucius Institute Scholarship and the Chinese Goverment Scholarship (EU Window). I have recently found out I've been awarded the EU Window Scholarship (while I already knew I had been awarded the CIS scholarship), and I therefore wanted to reject the CIS scholarship. However, I've found out that my status has already changed:

申请进度:“奖学金综合评审结束”- 不授予奖学金 

(意见:经比对审核,该申请者已获得中国政府奖学金,经研究,取消授予孔子学院奖学金。 ).

I wanted to know if there is something else I should do or if I can consider the scholarship definitively revoked. 

@crisgee I just got my Admission Notice and Visa Form and they wrote my surname wrongly (they wrote Daiaz instead of Diaz) i already contacted my country's embassy. Any advice?? Thank you once again :)

Hi, A question about the X2 visa (for up to 180 days of stay in China)

How many number of entries can I apply to (I have to tick one of these 3 boxes on the visa application form)?

- one entry valid for 3 months from date of issue,

- two entries valid for 3 to 6 months from date of issue

- multiple entries valid for 6 months from date of issue

@Crisgee. Dear Crisgee, could you give some details about the physical exam done by your students in China? If I manage to extend my stay for another semester, I will probably need to do one. Thanks.

@pho - I was planning to apply for the X2, since I thought I wasn't allowed the long term visa in the first place. But my uni filled out my JW202 all the way through July, so the lady at the embassy said I'd either have to get a new form or get the X1. I preferred the X1, so I chose that. I think as long as your visa form is valid through the year, you can get the X1 visa :) 

The employee at the embassy also said that they don't care if I don't keep studying after that one semester, even though they're granting me a long term visa.

Also, I wasn't asked to submit anything from my doctor, so I don't know if that is just a rule in some countries (maybe based on the risk of certain illnesses?) 

• Like 1

@Astaa. Thanks. Unfortunately, my JW202 only goes as far as Jan 2017. You were very lucky :P

There is a possibility to extend your study and stay for the Spring Semester in the Brochure of the East China Normal University. I wonder if anyone used this option at the ECNU or in any other chinese university and what is the administrative paperwork involved?

Crisgee,

Always thanks for your help. As you mentioned,

But the good news is that they are still allowed to apply for the March 2017 intake. However, I cannot guarantee that the applying for the second time will increase your chances.

like this in case, How can I apply for March 2017 intake?

I never have chance to send 3rd Uni even I checked that I want to get recommandation from Hanban.

And I couldn't find the way to contact to Hanban,,,,,

Thanks in advance.

Gaeun