Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Thank you all for your answers.

Today I finally got this

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 预录取

(意见:拟录取。)

接收院校:厦门大学

But I am afraid Hanban won't give me the Scholarship because I heard it is all above 280 and my score is 266...

@Astrid79. It is Xiamen University who is reviewing your application so if they were likely to reject you they would not bother to change your status. The fact it moved to pre-admission (to be admitted) is a very good indication that you will get your scolarship. Just be patient and keep faith :mrgreen: !

Hello!

Can someone help me? This morning my status changed from 已确认 to this:

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 未录取

(意见:经综合评审,不授予奖学金。)

接收院校:西安交通大学

I understand that I was rejected by my 1st uni (Suzhou University, I did not know about the 5 people quota) and Xian Jiaotong was my second choice, but it doesn't say anything about sending my application to the 2nd university. Could this actually mean that it was rejected by Hanban, not Suzhou University? :(

Just received PDFs of the acceptance letter, scholarship info, and some X1 visa stuff from BLCU in an email today. I guess they'll be sending the formal acceptance letter now that I've confirmed my mailing address with the cooperating CI.

Hey everyone,

I finally received my acceptance letter and JW202 Visa Application Form from 北外 and will apply for a visa at the Chinese embassy today. Ideally, I'd like to be in China by early August, as I'd like to visit some friends there and travel a bit, but I'm unsure whether or not 北外 will allow me to move into the dorms this early. Does anyone know if scholarship students can move into dorms before the registration date? Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Do you guys have trouble getting your emails replied? I know every uni is different but mine answered the first 2 that I wrote and they told me registration dates and the starting classes dates. But since then I've been trying to know if they have send the admission letter and visa forms, but still no reply. Just want to know if this is a normal behavior :s 

@Jpl If go to China in early August, the university will not allow you to move into dorms just because at that time dorms are usually closed and staff members are on their vacations. Anyway you need to ask 北外, maybe they allow you to move in the end of August (one week before the registration date), but in this case you most probably will need to pay rent by yourself. Usually scholarship students are allowed to move into dorms 1-2 days before the registration date. And if you go to China for 1 year, don’t forget that within 30 days you need to change your X1 visa to residence permit, so you can’t come too early.

• Like 1

@saocir Some universities reply quickly, some with delay, some doesn’t reply at all. Doesn’t reply at all is the most, so don’t worry. There are a lot of applicants, maybe they haven’t sent the admission letter and visa form yet, that’s why they don’t reply. Keep calm and just wait.

@stef1992 we are on the same situation haha, i'm also going insane waiting, but everyone says we have to be patient, i guess there still is time. I only got my uni registration dates and i bought my flight ticket according to it.

@saocir lol ok then, so when is your registration date anyway? And which uni are you going to? my uni has actually told me the registration date, but i kinda afraid if theres a change or something since i havent receive my admission notice and visa form, thats why this really really driving me insane lol

• New Members

Hello everyone 

first of all CG to all who get to their dream school :)

I have a question today I called to the Czech Republic CI office and they told me that they did not recomended me to hanban because of my poor grade point average ( is 2.73) so my question is if there is someone who i can write an email and explain to them why is it so bad or something I can do to avoid dealing with CI office in Czech Republic ? 

The second question is if it is possible to pay it on my own if you know someone who did it  lets say only for one semester - I do not steal :D

Or if you know about some program which could accept me this late in July ?? 

Thank you for any answer :) 

PS sorry for my english not in the mood for great spelling and grammar nazi :D 

Hi everyone :)

Today I received my acceptance letter and visa appliation form from East China Normal University. I applied for MTCSOL

starting in March 2017, but the addmission letter is for September 2016... I cannot start so early because I still have exams :( I am not sure if it would be possible to send me a new admission packet...

@Tantara

I'm also set to join Nanjing Normal Uni, problem is - the status is yet to change for a month now. You could really ease my anxiety by answering these queries:

Have you communicated with them? or How did you know they were sending the admission packet today?

Also, Do you know guys who are headed there? If so, What's the status of their applications?

What was/is your status now? Mine is still " 申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 预录取 (意见:同意录取)接收院校:南京师范大学 "

Thanks a bunch!  :wink: