Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@Santil91. Hi. as you have already received your admission package, could you tell us how long it took to get your visa? Here in Germany the outsourced body in charge of the visa - visaforchina.org- says it takes 4 working days.

Could you also share with us other practical infos you found in your package which might be useful? For instance, as mentionned in my previous post, I would like to know if Hanban asks you to buy a return flight ticket or if a one way is fine. What do they recommend about banks and the way the scolarship will be paid. What about dormitories etc.. All this info will be useful for all of us I think. Thanks for sharing.

@Tiri, @ LinZhenPu If you apply to student visa, you don’t need ticket at all. I learned Chinese in China for one semester. Before went to China I firstly got a student visa (X2) and then bought a one way ticket. Everything was ok.

Anyway I advise you to visit Chinese embassy and consulate site.

• Like 1

Hey! So i got a question on 调剂 thing, i got rejected by 1st and 2nd uni, now it seems like CI sent me to Hainan University, rn my status looks like this:

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 预录取
(意见:该生为孔子学院学员,已通过HSK4级与HSKK中级考试,成绩较优异。感谢国家汉办领导的调剂!我校同意接收该生到校学习。)
接收院校:海南师范大学

Basically 调剂 means that i'd get sent into an insitution with a lack of students, is there a chance to get rejection even in this case? Really worried about this one, thx.

• Like 1

@h1ng

Hi! I am going to the same university that you are going. Don't worry! I chose it because I know that it's always warm there and it's a good place. It's situated on the island... so it's ok.. ^_^ I guess we'll see there.

@Homaed7

This must be discussed with your CI, so that they can write an explanation to the Chinese Embassy. You may have to apply for two kinds of visa: a tourist visa and a student visa. For your first entry to China for the Summer Camp, you will use the tourist visa. For your second entry, you will use your student visa. But then again I don't know if it's possible to get two visas at the same time. So this must be consulted with your CI and Embassy. Student Visas are usually single entry (and then your school will submit your passport and visa to apply for a one-year temporary residence permit, which will allow your to enter China multiple times), but perhaps there is a way to make it a double entry if there is a valid reason.

@Dianasy

it says that the university should contact you. I recommend emailing them yourself though. Go to this site: http://cis.chinese.cn/article/old/node_5737.htm

find your university. There should be a list of people you can contact. Best to send an email from account different than gmail (I usead qq.mail). Just ask them what time do they plan on sending documents and what time you should arrive in China.

Hi guys

I don't receive any answer from my University yet, they haven't accepted me yet. Do you know if there is a deadline day? Because I ser you are receiveng yoyr acceptence letters. I am applyin to one year Scholarship and I want to start on September...

@Astrid79

each uni probably had some deadline for admissions, but most don't seem to have any for the final decision on the scholarship, so there's no way of knowing when exactly you'll get the happy news ;) 

I got the scholarship sometime in May, still haven't received any documents, but just today uni finally replied to my e-mails and let me know that they will be sending them in late July, so I'm guessing they plan to finish the whole thing by then

@Astrid79. In each university there is a department for international students who is in charge of the confucius scholarships. I suggest you have a look at their webpage and find who is the official in charge then email that person with your CIS reference number to know more about your application.

What is your status on the CIS account?

Which university are you applying to?  Some on the forum might go to your chosen uni and could help you too.