Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2010

extrapages

I couldn't take it, so last night, I emailed the contact person in DC and asked. She told me that they received my application and that the results will be announced in, you guessed it, late June or early July. :)

I couldn't take it, so last night, I emailed the contact person in DC and asked. She told me that they received my application and that the results will be announced in, you guessed it, late June or early July. :)

At least they are getting earlier on the announcements. Last year was late July and I believe the year before that it was August. One to two months isn't enough time to plan on a move to the other side of the world...

Hi, I'm new in this forum and would love to exchange information with you people.

And I just have a quick question,

does being selected in pre-selection from the embassy would guarantee that you would win the scholarship?

I called the embassy of China in my country around May and they said that they selected and sent my application to CSC.

I thought that means I have received the scholarship, but last week I contacted the embassy again and they told me I have to wait till July.

FYI I applied for

1.Zheda

2.FUdan

3.ChuanDa

for their MBBS program

yes, this means you passed your countrie's chinese embassy as the first filter in the process. the embassies where you submit your application sort out applicants whose applications don't meet the requirements (mistakes in the the filled up forms, missing or insufficient documents...).

once passed on to scs you actually really are an applicant.

waiting waiting waiting.... that's all we can do :(

GOOD LUCK ! :)

Hi,

Just contacted the China Embassy in the US, seems this year my information was actually forwarded to CSC. Last year I applied for a Masters program, and since I had already been though this material in the USA I felt it would be a bit easier to do in Chinese. I however this year had to apply for the PhD program since this year I am above the age limit for the Masters program. I received a phone call about 3 weeks ago from one of the school I applied to asking for more information (applied for PhD program, with 1 year language study). Seems it is a possibility that CSC might deem the program not a viable program and not accept me on that grounds, which I have no problem with. I understand that many times they list programs as being available, but if the class are too new or too advance they might not have enough qualified people to teach at that level. So it seems one would need to attend a larger school such as in Shanghai or Beijing to assure acceptance or end up with a different class than you were expecting.

Still no news in Switzerland as well. I got a letter from the organisation that handles the scholarships at the end of March where they told me that I am a candidate for a scholarship, but the final decision will be announced later. And furthermore they added that last year, the final decision was announced at the end of July.. I really hope they announce it earlier since some people were already contacted.

I just hope they don't try notify me by a phone call since it will most likely be my mother who picks up the phone - and she can't speak English (and certainly not Chinese :rolleyes: )

Hi everyone, i'm a brazilian student who applyed for Ph.D in CSC (comparative criminal law). Now, i'm tired of waiting for any kind of answer of CSC or any university, and my anxiety is so big that i can't handle myself. So, is there any way to know something about the actual stage of the application procedure?

TKS

So, I did not directly apply to CSC, but my application went through Fulbright --who goes through the CSC -- and I found out that just as of yesterday (?) the university I applied to *finally* received my application (I am getting U.S. funding, obviously, not from China).

Anyways, just a heads up that the unis didn't even know who had applied for what until this past week, or so it seems.

there isn't.

and the procedure is different for different countries.

try to contact the admission office of the university you applied for, maybe by chance they have already received your application.

TKS Joao

I contacted Tsinghua University and they answer me. My Paper are with CSC office and they ll foward to the universities. So, there is a chance...

Hi everyone, at least i had good news from the china embassy in brasil, they told me in portugue what im translating now:

">>>>>(my name),

The official result has not left yet. Should be released later this month or early next month. But the possibility to get the admisson you want is great. Wait with a little patience.

Cultural Section

Chinese Embassy"

One more gol, just one more gol and i'll win my CUP!!

Getting a little impatient, so I also just e-mailed the DC contact. Now, others are contacting the registration office of the schools you put in your top three? I assume this will be a better contact as they have the final say or it may be grim if they never received my application from the US.