Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2010

extrapages

One more question please!

Do I still need to include 2 notarized copies of my high school diploma if I'm already including my college transcript (with notarized copy)? I don't have a college diploma yet.

vkim67

Thank you in advance!

hello, my name Agung Purnomo.

I am from Indonesia.

I very much helped by the existence of this forum.

I am almost 1 week to call the Chinese embassy in Indonesia but has not been appointed.

after reading the forums, there I wanted to ask.

1. every university has a different agencies number. Do I have to fill out an online application 3 times due to the application 3 campuses.

2. means that I also print a hardcopy 3 times for 3 different campus ambassadors to be sent to Chinese embassy?

I want to ask how many agency no for the campus under :

peking university

Tsinghua University

china agriculture university

the graduate school of the Chinese academy of agricultural sciences

thanks

1. every university has a different agencies number. Do I have to fill out an online application 3 times due to the application 3 campuses.

2. means that I also print a hardcopy 3 times for 3 different campus ambassadors to be sent to Chinese embassy?

1. Fill in the agency number of the embassy in Indonesia and then include your three university choices on the application. You will need to contact the embassy to find out their number.

2. You need to submit three copies of everything to the embassy, not three copies per school.

the problems, almost 2 weeks I call to the chinese embassy in Indonesia, phone is always busy or not answered.:conf

please help me with agency number below.

- the chinese embassy in Indonesia

- Tsinghua University

- china agriculture university

- the graduate school of the Chinese academy of agricultural sciences

- nanjing agriculture university

Hi extrapages

Thank you for the page and your efforts have really helped me to get this far

So I'll add my version of events that will give some insight to other members

After looking through the threads I decided to fill in the online application form just to get the ball rolling.

Interestingly I found on the hit and miss method that the code for the South African Chinese embassy on the online application is 7101

The thing is, I never printed the form or even realized that I submitted it I thought I only saved it to finish the update at a later stage

Then all of a sudden on Thursday I got a call from the department of Higher Education to come for an interview on today the Monday after, so they can determine my suitability

There was a panel of assessors that consisted of members of our department of education and one interviewer from the chinese consulate and they asked a whole bunch of standard interview questions like why china and why this university and if I would mind picking another university (first choice is Tsinghua)

I applied to study for a masters in electrical engineering

They will first send me on the language course for one year if my application is successful

I think this answers the question on whether the online appication thing actually makes a difference

It seems that South Africa get 3 full scholarships and an unknown number of partial ones, I'll post again if I get any more information and thanks again for all your great work!

For people interested in applying in the US, I'm told the person to talk to is Ms. Liu Xiao (Tel: 202-4952259).

Mailing address is Education Office of Chinese Embassy, 3505 International Place, NW, Washington DC, 20008

She wasn't in the office today, but I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Has anyone else talked to her?

SpasmGoo,

Are you serious? How are the applications actually being sent to respective locations from the website? This changes EVERYTHING! Why would we have to still send applications to embassies if they're getting them online? Hmmm.... Interesting!

Good luck and thanks for letting us know! Keep us updated!

Hmm, I checked my "laihua" profile (where I submitted my application), and there is a new alert message:

您当前的申请状态: 申请表正在审核中 / "Your current status: The application form is currently checking."

(former was, application submitted)

Maybe, they will indicate there if someone is accepted?

@extrapages & @SpasmGoo

I knew that the Toronto consulate became aware of my application once it was submitted, but I was under the impression it simply notified them and didn't send the entire application. Like you said, this would definitely change things, but I I'd still recommend sending in hard copies given the uncertainty. What i find curious is the fact they considered SpasmGoo's application without the medical forms. It makes me wonder if the cost and hassle of testing was even necessary. :wall

@Lantos

I got the same message a few days after the consulate received my application. I don't know if it just acknowledges the application or if it's an acceptance but any progression in the process is a good sign. Also, this was also the only update I received during the entire process, before receiving the acceptance by email, so it could be a bit of a wait. Best of luck!

Well, steps 4, 5, and 6 on the laihua site do say :

Step 4:Preview the application form after finishing it and submit it online.

Step 5:Please download the finished application form by licking the button “DOWNLOAD APPLICATION” and print it out for two copies.

Step 6:Please prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of application documents to the dispatching authorities in duplicate.

Maybe it is different for countries other than the US where there aren't as many applicants?

Hi extra pages. hope u r doing well. i need ur help if u would like to help me. thing is that i live in pakistan and i want to apply for the scholarship and even for the universties, inspite of the fact that the time has run out for the admissions although there is still time to apply for the scholarship. please help me out if u can because i need ur help. right now i have taken admission in a pakistani university namely Vitual University on 5th april.but a friend in China told me about the Chinese scholarship. he even sent me an application form to apply for it but yet, m still so much confused how to do it without any support from family :(

kind regards,

Lionheart

@lionheart

Unfortunately, since the final deadline for the CSC to receive your application is in just over a week (April 30), and it has to be submitted through your consulate/embassy adding extra time to process, its likely too late to apply for the scholarship this year. Also, the medical tests take longer than a week to receive all the results, so unless they're already complete you wouldn't be able to submit your application anyway.

That said, if you have somef university under your belt by next year, and apply early, your chances of being awarded the scholarship can only improve. You also still have time to apply to many universities in China directly. So, you could still go this year, just without the scholarship.

lionheart,

as m000gle stated, the medical exams will take a few days, and gathering all the pieces of the application will take time. i think it really might be too late to apply this year. i think it would be best for you to try again in the next round with your application ready.

i dont really understand what you mean by not having the support of your family, or how that is related to applying for the scholarship... and i also dont understand how you believe that i can help you.. the only way that i could assist is by giving you my contact information to list as your guarantor. no one here is actually working for the scholarship - we all just help each other apply for it.

hey everyone!! this my first time posting my view here.... since ive been reading these interesting posts...thxxx alot 2 extrapages and others who posted significant info regardin about the scholarship.. my main focus now is getting the chinese scholarship offered... am frm the caribbean, ive applied through the government system here and their deadline was mid march, but the thing is am awaiting the decision on being selected, i think the time is sooo close now and the other thing is that i didnt had to do the medical etc when submitting the other docs, so am wondering whats the next step..

a) after being selected then do medical

B) is it required before the CSC deadline

or maybe i wasnt considered hmmmm

after being in contact ive been told its still being processed.... so guys just sharing my info>>> good luck everbody in their respective wayzzz

@SHEM1

a) If you are awarded the scholarship, you will be required to have a medical exam done in order to receive a residence permit. You will be able to get your 30-day X-visa (student) without the medical, but when you convert that to a residence permit, medical tests will be needed. Its my understanding, from reading my Beijing Normal University welcome package, that you can either have this done at home (with the results verified in China for a small fee) or when you arrive in China (costing up to a few hundred RMB).

B) According to any official information we have, the medical forms are required as a part of the application. Its also my impression that these are supposed to be notarized, with you keeping the originals, but my consulate was fine with a regular photocopy since the consul saw the original copies in person. If you can avoid notarization it will save you a lot of money. 8)

I submitted three copies of everything to my consulate (application forms; medical form and lab results; high school and university transcripts; local Ministry of Education award; personal statement; and letters of recommendation). It may have been overkill, but sometimes it makes sense to cover your bases.

okkk thxxx alot moogle, but its good that u not have to worry much since everything is gd for ya :)

can u give me anwser to this also..

After already passing my documents in>>> I realized i had most mistakes which is false on my transcipt>>> resulting they had like 2 F's for two different elective, but my major is perfect with A's to the different classes....it was so because they claim it was as incomplete then automatically turn to and F, and also resulting in the drop of my GPA, but i had it fix just before i graduate i just did two busy exam and passing them to fix that but i realized they leave the F and in the year 2 of the grades they fix the result....

I have and Associate degree..... with gpa of 2.60

am applying for the bachelor program of 4 yrs into a chinese uni...

so what u think of my situation and being selected for the scholarship....