Chinese-Forums

CSC Scholarship - 2010

extrapages

Hi everybody and thanks for all this informations !

I'm living in France and I also applied for the CSC few months ago. I applied for BLCU in Beijing but I will also be glad if I get something else (well, if it is a not so bad something else :D). I don't really know when I'll get the results. So, I have a question for you, if you have some advise for me, it will be nice :)

Even if I won't get the CSC scholarship, I would like to study chinese mandarin next year in China. Do you suggest me to apply in some universities before the scholarships results ?

Thanks for your response ! :wink:

So, now that May is already upon us, I am just wondering when we might expect to know if we are getting or not getting the scholarship? I've heard it could be a bit late, I'm just curious how late it could be.

Thanks,

周武

Hi Onion Wushu and Extrapages !!!!

I'm living in France too and I also applied for the CSC via EU window. My first choice is BLCU in Beijing too ;-) but I have a problem because the scholarship's results are at the end of July and If I don't get this scholarship it will be too late for me to apply at BLCU (the deadline is July 19th) and I don't know what to do. If I want to apply at BLCU before the scholarship's results I have to pay the application fees to be registered by the university but I don't have money to pay the fees.EXTRAPAGES ,have you got some advices to resolve this problem ? because I really want to study mandarin at BCLU in Beijing in September.

Thanks for your response !

@lilou,

If you're awarded the scholarship you don't have to apply to BLCU for admission. CSC will do it for you automatically if they give you the scholarship. Only apply directly to BLCU for admission yourself if you still intend on going even if you don't get the scholarship (which is what I've done). So don't worry about missing the application date because of when CSC release selection results.

Hope that helps :)

Hey all! I hope another of this forum will be created for next year's application period because I think I will be applying again~ & I also have a better sense of the process so I can def contribute more than just last minute questions :)

Also, I haven't heard back from CSC but I did get another full scholarship (US gov't scholarship) so I will be attending CET Harbin at HIT from fall 2010-spring 2011.

If anyone will be there.... message me! :)

@Lantos

Any idea why they released the list in May last year,

and this year it'll be June/July?

:cry:

I was really looking forward to getting the information in may...

No idea why... Maybe last year there were less applicants (I doubt), maybe it's because the new coordinator. Don't know.

Anyway, in 2007 there was no list at all, people were informed early August per post. In 2008 the list was published only on 23rd July. So with this "end June - early July" promise we are ok.

If you feel up to writing email asking Mr.Ke about the reasons, I would transmit some psychic support. :rolleyes: But I don't think I will harass him again before the 1st June.

• 2 weeks later...
blcu_student_to_be

Hi, I noticed that some mentioned that they were able to get a scholarship to study at BLCU. I have a few questions.

1. Can anyone tell me how to apply for one too?

2. I am from the Philippines. Do they have the same process of application for Philippines and other countries?

3. Can you give me names or contact number for persons that will grant a scholarship in the Philippines?

4. What are the scholarship requirements?

5. Do they also offer scholarship for short-term courses(4 weeks to 1 semester)? Or does the scholarship for long-term courses only (1 year)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I noticed that some mentioned that they were able to get a scholarship to study at BLCU. I have a few questions.

1. Can anyone tell me how to apply for one too?

2. I am from the Philippines. Do they have the same process of application for Philippines and other countries?

3. Can you give me names or contact number for persons that will grant a scholarship in the Philippines?

4. What are the scholarship requirements?

5. Do they also offer scholarship for short-term courses(4 weeks to 1 semester)? Or does the scholarship for long-term courses only (1 year)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kabayan,

It would REALLY help if you read the very first post. It's all there. And search the thread too. I put a link of my experience last year on this thread, as well as the contact persons involved in the process.

• 2 weeks later...

@lilou,

If you're awarded the scholarship you don't have to apply to BLCU for admission. CSC will do it for you automatically if they give you the scholarship. Only apply directly to BLCU for admission yourself if you still intend on going even if you don't get the scholarship (which is what I've done). So don't worry about missing the application date because of when CSC release selection results.

Hope that helps :)

Ricardo, you have already registered at BLCU? Did you have to pay the registration fee or it is just upon arrival?

hey everyone.

just wanted to let yall know that im still around and reading all the posts.

been really busy with work. if anyone on this thread is in beijing, send me a message!

roddy, coffee soon?

Results in for Sydney!

I received a phone call today telling me to come and pick up my paperwork for the visa in relation to my CSC application. No word yet on where I've been accepted, for how long or for a full/partial scholarship... I assume I'll find out when I go to pick up my papers later this week... the suspense is killing me! :)

So, my initial contact details for the information other Australians are:

Date of contact: 1 June 2010

Method of contact: Phone call to my home number

If Jenmia's still around on the forum, did you hear your results yet?

Ricardo, you have already registered at BLCU? Did you have to pay the registration fee or it is just upon arrival?

I actually applied to BUAA not BLCU. BUAA made me pay the registration fee before they would process my application... meaning I had to spend $35 in bank fees wiring it from Australia :( Here's the process I went through:

1. Filled out online application and attached any documents they asked for.

2. Waited a week or so.

3. Received an email from BUAA's international office telling me my application was "conditionally approved" pending receipt of the registration fee (accompanied by their bank account info)

4. Wired them the registration fee

5. Waited about two weeks for confirmation of receipt from their end

6. Processing of application fees and preparation of JW202 (visa form) - this has been a few weeks so far and I'm still at this stage.

Anyway, prior to 2010 the registration fee could be paid on arrival at BUAA but this year it has paid at application time. I know that USTB are doing the same thing as BUAA this year too, so you'd better ask BLCU if it doesn't say on their website.