Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

4 minutes ago, aymen said:

Why did you not apply through the CSC as well?

Decisions were made. I was under the impression it would not be a problem since I was so thoroughly qualified. Apparently, that was the problem.

I'm glad I just found this forum/thread. I felt before "alone" in this process (this extremely frustrating process, at least for me).  I am nervous about the "Chinese Major" thing, as I was not a Chinese undergrad in college. I am on the 4th of 5 steps on the application, meaning the university has accepted me and has forwarded it to hanban. I am just waiting for them now. I have applied for tcsol 1 academic year. I am very nervous about this all too, as this will decide what I am doing for the next year in my life.  I have no idea when they are going to get back to me...that's the hard part, this wait game. Best of luck to all.

First of all, thank you to Jellyfish for the kindly worded message. It goes a long way. I have actually been teaching English in China for the last two years and I'd like to do something different. 

I feel a lot better today and am just pulling on every string and seeing what is at the end of each one. Nothing to report yet. 

I hope I'll get to say congratulations to many of you over the next few weeks.

• Like 3

• New Members

So I applied for the one-year program under a Chinese language major through the CI at the University of Minnesota. I submitted my application May 10th, however, for whatever dumb reason, the CI did not advance me to the next step until June 20th even after I urged them to many times. I was denied because all the spots were filled. I am very disappointed and somewhat furious with my CI because they ruined my chances. My guess is that most of you waiting have gotten the scholarship but Hanban is just making you wait. 

@foreigner2u is the TSCOL Program really only for students who majored in Chinese? I am nervous, because I applied for this, but have self studied Chinese for 4 years, I was not a Chinese major...I applied for 1 year TSCOL..should I have applied for a different program? Quite nervous!

@igacavesame exact thing happened to me!!! For past week my motivation has decreased for whatever psychological reason...usually I would spend a couple hours every evening studying..watching Chinese show, learning vocab, etc...and I've been doing that for years...but all of a sudden this past week,while waiting...man, it's not just me that feels this way!

• Like 1

@方茹婷 I did find this:

1. Hanban will conduct an overall assessment of all applications and admit applicants on the basis of competitive selection. Normally, the admission results will be announced within 45 working days after the application materials are confirmed as valid. (source: https://confucius.oia.ncsu.edu/testing-scholarships/scholarship/)
  2. I don't know if it's valid info, but 45 working days for me should be next Wednesday.
  • Like 1

• New Members

Hello everyone :)

I am also waiting for a response. It's been 2 (beginning of april) months since I applied for TCSOL. Last year, all my friends got response at the end of may and at the beginning of June.

Last week my friend got rejected because she doesn't mention about becoming a teacher in the future and do  MTCSOL after TCSOL...We applied at the same university but in different time (she sent it at the beginning of May). 

• New Members

Hi guys ! 

i was pre admitted by university and was on 3rd stage about a month , but today I' ve been pushed back to stage 2 with hanban message - 

请查看处理意见记录。广东外语外贸大学预录取工作,没有责任到人。请在用户信息中明确填写本人姓名,请重新审核预录取。

院校审核

have anyone been in the same situation ? Or maybe could clarify what they mean? 

i really don't understand what should I do.. 

• Like 1

@Badger I don't know if it's a compulsory requirement since there are applicants on this forum who don't have a Chinese major and still have gotten successfully preadmitted by their host unis :)

But If you are interested here is what I found in the application guide about the TCSOL program: 

3.1  向来华进修的在职汉语教师、预备攻读汉语国际教育硕士学位的汉语相关专业学生提供汉语国际教育课程和全额奖学金。

@nyanko0 I'm applying for TCSOL as well and I didn't mention anything about becoming a teacher in my personal statement either :( So I'm kinda likely to get rejected as well as your friend did u__u And when you said rejected you mean that she's already moved forward to the 5th stage but with a rejected status? or her application has gotten withdrawn all the way back to the first stage? 

@igacave The 45 days thing was part of the admission procedure last year, not this year though. I checked the link you put and I'm afraid that website has used all the information from last year and just put 2017 as if it was for this year. It even says that the requirement for a one year scholarship is to have a min score of 180 in HSK3 which drastically changed this year :/

However what makes me believe we are going to have our results pretty soon is that last year Hanban said the results would come out on June15th and we started to hear news in late May. So if this year we are supposed to get our results on July15th, I'm crossing my fingers to start hearing news in late June (next week) :shock:

• Like 2