Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

you should talk to your local conficius institute. I am one of those who got this status,  申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取, (意见:同意录取) earlier than as it shoudl be, and it still stays the same, so it is not back to the previous status. About the change in your status, my guess is that they may wanted to reconsider your application, but no clue at all.

one more thing, there is a line indicating the university of your choise. Did that also change? if so, it could mean that the university of your choise did not accept your application, so it is sent to the secon university. but it seems a liitle early for that to happen. They are supposed to turn back to us by the 26th of this month.

thanks for the suggestions guys. I emailed my local CI earlier today but they haven't responded yet. I should've called instead of emailing- it's now after their office hours and it's Friday, so it looks like I'm going to have to wait until after this weekend is over to find out why it changed back.

Hi guys, would really appreciate any help. My status at the moment has changed to:

申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”- 驳回 

(意见:Please attach the HSK/HSKK test scores. please contact Chen at 90358202 for detailed information.) 

However, I've only completed my HSK today. My coordinator at my CI told me that I can write in my essay bit that my scores will be sent to the university I am applying for when they have been marked. So do I ignore this message and hope that my scores will be sent to the university in due time? Or should I contact Chen? I think I may get my coordinator to help me contact this Chen guy, but if anyone else has had a similar status and has done something different, please tell me what to do. Thanks!

As far as I know, the most important documents for the scholarship are the HSK and HSKK scores. If they did not put down the 意见 part, I would worry about it because on the upper line it says your application is dismissed. You should contact Chen before it is too late. You can upload the screen-shot of your HSK and HSKK scores, they will accept it most probably.              Hope this helps. 

@crispy chips  Definitely contact Chen! Your current status, "驳回," means rejected, so it will probably stay that way unless you work things out with him. Good luck though!

As for my situation, my local CI answered my email today. They weren't completely sure why the status went back a step, but they said if there was a problem it may have been related to my HSKK score. I never took the HSKK- I have taken the ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview though and my CI had told me this would work instead.... I made sure to mention my score on that on my application, so I'm really hoping that that is still alright. And I forgot to answer in my previous message @voyager2014, but university of choice under my status is still the same one it has been since submitting, it is only the status that changed.

Thanks for your suggestions. As it's Sunday at the moment my CI won't get back to me until tomorrow at the earliest. It's just frustrating because I specifically asked my coordinator a couple of weeks ago about needing to upload my HSK/K scores, and she told me that it's not necessary as they will post my scores to the university directly and just to mention this in my essay bit. Anyways I'll keep you guys posted on what happens!

Hey guys,

a problem I encountered with my application is very similar to that of Obscuritea and Crispychips. I never took the HSKK test, thinking that having taken HSK 6 would be enough to prove that my level of Chinese is good enough to get the scholarship. Well, I was wrong about that, and so was my local CI. Last Monday, I successfuly went through the interview with the head of our CI and immediately got the recommendation for the scholarship from him (the other day my status in the online application system changed to 推荐 with a lengthy explanation of why I am eligible to receive the scholarship). 

Then on Friday morning, I got a phone call from my CI saying that my application has been rejected by the CI headquaters because I hadn't taken the HSKK test, and that I have to take the test ASAP in order to receive the scholarship. Luckily the teachers at our local CI are extremely helpful and cooperative, they managed to register me for the nearest HSKK exam (I took it yesterday) and contacted the lady from the CI HQ to explain the situation to her.

At the moment my online application is back to the good old 推荐机构确认中. I've been told that everything should be all right now but just to be safe, I'm going to my CI tomorrow to sort any possible problems out. To those who encountered a similar problem, I advise you to contact your local CI asap and apply for the nearest HSKK. I'm sure that after some negotiations with the HQ, they'll be willing to accept your application. 

(Just for the record, I was told that as of last year, passing the HSKK was not a requirement to obtain the CI scholarship and passing the regular HSK was good enough. However, from this year on, every applicant has to pass both HSK and HSKK to be eligible, otherwise their application will be rejected.)

@marrible Thanks for the info.

Well I can't say I'm very comforted knowing that now.... I just looked up the HSKK test dates and the next one isn't until October apparently! My local CI didn't even offer the HSKK the last time they administered the HSK, back in March (otherwise I would've taken it). Guess I'm just relying on my ACTFL oral test and if my CI can help sort things out now...

Hey guys,

today I got an email from my first choice uni that they are already full for one year program, I still have no answer from my second choice university but I feel that it is going to be full also as I applied for Scholarship May 9th (my CI had longer time of application) but now I'm afraid that it was defenetely too late... During the application I agreed for other universities if I got rejected in my choice universities, do u think I can contact other universities that are not in my choice in application asking them if they have free places??

Hi guys,

I've got this status right now:

申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”- 推荐
(意见:这些学生都已经参加了4月27号的HSK和HSKK考试,并且通过了孔子学院的面试。我们会跟踪他们的考试成绩,及时传给湖北大学和贵处。同意推荐。)

If I pass in HSK but do not pass HSKK do I still have any chance?

Hi guys! I am new here, and I am so glad that I've found this website where we can share our ideas on the CIS process! :)

Last week I had my status changed to “推荐机构择优确认中”- 推荐 (意见:同意推荐。)   .I know, it was already asked here and I'm sorry for turning back to this issue again, but I still don't understand if this decision has been made by my recommending institution or already by the host uni?Does it mean that they ( the host uni) have already received my docs?  Could anybody be so kind as to clarify this for me, please? :)

ps. By the way, is there anybody who applied for Fudan daxue?

It means your local Confucius Institute has accepted your application and it is forwarded to the host university (initially the first U you have chosen and then the second if your application is rejected by the first U). So your status is good for now, by the 26th of this month, your status should change to 申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取,  after that it'll up to HanBan to announce the final decisions by the June 16th. 

• Like 1

Ok so it's been a hectic few days. Firstly when I found out my application status was saying '驳回', I was freaking out. I contacted my local CI and they responded quite quickly which was good. They explained that they (ie. my local CI) actually rejected my application because I had to attach my HSK/HSKK docs, and because they can't add it on their end they have to reject it so I could attach it myself. Phew, here was me thinking that the universities I applied for rejected me already!

So anyways my local CI gave me a certificate for my HSKK test, which I attached, but because I only just recently did my HSK exam and I haven't received my results yet, I couldn't add my HSK doc. Because I had to add some sort of document I just attached a PDF file where I wrote that once I receive my results, my local CI will send it over to the universities I've chosen. Then I re-sent the application in and today my status changed to:

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取 

(意见:身份属实,材料齐全)
So for me too it seems a bit early to receive that status, but so far so good hey? :)

wow, it is quite astonishing to see how you can manage to get status changed from "rejected" to "accepted" in a day, literally. Good for you! I have a question though, you have said you "re-sent" the application, but on the CI website site it says you cannot edit and resubmit the application after the first submission. How did you do it? I am quite confused about the process, now.

@Voyager2014: Yes that's true, you cannot resend the application if you have already sent it. But what I think happens is that once you send in your application, your local CI will review it, then they approve the application for it to be sent to the universities that you applied for. In my case, because an important document was missing (my HSK/HSKK docs), the only way I could include it in my application was for my local CI to reject my application before the deadline, so I could resubmit it after I added the docs. My local CI cannot alter my application after it has been submitted, therefore they said the only way I could add on my docs was to reject it, get me to add the docs myself, then submit again. Well that's what seemed to happen in my case :S

The deadline for application submission is already over (May 10th), I mean the one for the recommending CI, not the second deadline for the host institute. So it seems that if applicants encounter a problem relating the HSK and HSKK, they still have some time to re-edit and re-submit their application by the end of the second deadline.

My local CI had to ask for several days allowance for us so we could submit our application by May 13th instead. I think that because there was a lot of confusion with the whole process and they gave us incorrect/misleading information my local CI felt obliged to provide us with an extension of the deadline 

On Monday I am happy with my status as it changed to : 申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取(意见:符合要求 同意录取) . But today I am really dissapointed that my status suddenly changed to : 申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 不授予奖学金

(意见:该生汉语水平已超过一学年研修生培养目

标。奖学金名额有限,不予资助。) This really make me frustrated. I had my discussion with the person in charge at my CI regarding which category should I apply for. Now when I check my status, and it turn out like that, I am really dissapointed.