Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Ok, so today my status changed to this:

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取 
(意见:材料齐全,同意录取。)
接收院校:四川大学

I guess now I have to wait for Hanban's final decision. Some of you are saying that it's just a formality and I sure hope that is the case. However, as far as I know, noone with HSK 6 has won the scholarship, so we'll see. Pray for me guys! :)

Unfortunatelly, I was rejected. However it was because my CI fault, so they let me choose 2 other uni and apply one more time.  Really if they knew what they responsibilities, I could have already been 录取........

according to your status you are not rejected yet. you guys are so impatient. if you look at the past post here, most of the people get the good news very last day. so I would say be optimist and wait few more days, if your application does not lack the necessary documents, the likelihood of being accepted is very high. btw they mention you as a good student, too!

• Like 1

I was rejected at Xiada because my country does not have agreement to go on some kinds of scholarship. Our management could told us 2 months ago, when we talked to them like 3 three times., now i apllied one more time - Nanjing Normal Uni and Suzhou. 

igacave - My country didn't offer CIS scholarships when I applied. In fact, they still don't so I had to accept the university that was kind enough to accept me. But my objective was to improve my Chinese language ability. Even if you are rejected by your first choice university, as long as you are accepted by others then that should be good news.

• Like 1

Well, it`s the 26th already and my status is still 申请进度:“推荐机构择优确认中”- 推荐 

As I understand it, this means, that my CI recommends me, but there is no reply from the host university yet.

I am beginning to worry that they might`ve forgotten about me. Or, maybe, they just didn`t include me in their enrollment list and failed to inform me about it, which prevents me from being considered by the second choice uni. I mean, today is the day, that they should`ve given a definitive answer.

Perhaps, I`m just being paranoid and impatient, but many of my friends were admitted to their universities two weeks ago and this anticipation is killing me( 

I think you shouldn't be worry, each university takes different amount of time to review all the applications. We are waiting for official results till June 16th so the most important that you are not rejected. This status means that your documents are at your first preference university. As I understood after contacting every possible institution, till May 26th unis were still waiting for all applications so it is not their deadline to post the decision. Good luck anyway!!:)

• Like 1

but this point, you guys may need to take action and contact the host university. Ros4leen is right but Hanban does not see your application because none of the U you has chosen has got back to you guys. This happens between the first and second U, right, so the second does see who has chosen it unless it is rejected by the first U. long story short, Hanban may not be able to see your application (even though you guys probably click the button where it says i accept Hanban's recommendation!). at this point, I you should at least give them an email. 

• Like 1

Actually you are right, those who are still recommended can contact only with the first preference university (CI already did their job, second uni doesn't see u in the system and hanban also). According to my experience the thing that reaaally did help was calling to my first university. My Chinese is not that good (yet ;) ) so I asked my teacher to do that. You have immedite answear if this uni wants to accept you, if they don't want just ask them to cancel your application so the second uni can see you in the system. 

Well, my status finally changed but it didn't make me happy at all. Now it looks like this: 申请进度:“接收院校审核中” 
(意见:名额已满)
接收院校:中国海洋大学

As I understand, I was rejected by my first uni, and now it's up to the second uni to make their very crucial for me decision. Or! 意见:名额已满 is already what they've decided. Should I write to the second uni,anyway? Is there still a drop of hope or it's already late ( according to the fact that today they might have submitted lists of candidates to Hanban) ? The saddest day of my life..

igacave:
Yes, 中国海洋大学 is my second choice. I wrote them, let's see what will be my destiny this time)) But i was asking myself.. isn't the 26th of May the deadline for universities? can they still choose candidates? 

Oh, fingers crossed.......

ana_bra:

If after 推荐机构择优确认中 there isn't 推荐, I guess, it means that it still has something to do with your local Confucius Institute. I think, you should contact them and ask to confirm your application.