Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

If your application does not lack any necessary documents such as HSK and HSKK test scores, and it is not accepted by the Us you have chosen because of the competitiveness. Then, it is highly likely that Hanban will find you an U to go. 

Voyager2014,

yes, it seems that “接收院校审核中” means that Hanban is looking for another university to admit us, and "进入汉办调剂" that we should enroll in this suggested uni, but it`s weird that my second preference uni is still listed under "接收院校"。I hope that I don`t lose the scholarship altogether, because my HSK and HSKK results were the same as my classmates`, who have recently been admitted to 山东大学 and much higher than those of my friend, who currently studies at 南京大学。I don`t want to sound bitter, but this outcome would hardly be fair.

wintertimelove:

Absolutely the same situation. I've got 297 in HSK 3 and 90 in HSKK, and thought there wouldn't be any problem, but the opposite happened. So now I dont understand anything, especially the logic they follow............ :(
let's hope for the best...........

Everything is so unclear. Why can`t the universities just inform the applicants about their standards? In Ukraine you can easily look up the approximate independent exam passing grades for each university and you can also look at the grades of other applicants and evaluate your chances of getting in. 

The Chinese system, on the other hand, leaves me completely befuddled. However, it is much more desirable, than the former.

By the way, Mari Piano, are you applying for one year or for one semester? I`ve got 240 in HSK 4 and 66 in HSKK 中级 and I want the one semester scholarship. :-?

Actually they gave an information abt passing score, you just need to pass examination. My HSKK (1) was 62 and I am accepted for one year, my CI Director told me its not about results, its not about your study plan or sth, its just about the luck. The most important I think is to have all the documents and choose University wisely. Also, I think its important to contact your universities asap. I sent them motivation letter, application form from their website, additional recommendtions from professors from my University, physical examination form and all the documents that I had. I think it was helpful.

• Like 1

hah, it's like this all over the world, as I can see.. you should always control what is happening to your docs, apps and so on, otherwise you're risking to be forgotten and neglected by bureaucratic authorities))))such is life)))))

winterytimelove:

I'm applying for one year scholarship. Hm, actually, I was told by my Confucius Institute that in order to apply for one year I must have hsk 3 and hskk 初级, and they didn't accept my suggestion to apply with hsk 4.The same information is also given on the website of CIS........ But I see that there're people who often apply for one semester or one year scholarship even if their level is higher than that one indicated......

Ros4leen, I also think it was very helpful. I wish I had done so much too. I simply followed the procedure, gathered the necessary documents and submitted them through the website. I had tried to contact the universities via email, but they left my letters unanswered and when I called, the first one said that nothing else was needed and the second one asked me to send them hard copies of the standard documents package, which I did.

Wintertimelove, and Rose4leen, I don't think we have to send them extra documents to get accepted by them. I have just completed the application on the website, nothing extra and my application is accepted almost 20 days ago and the status remains the same. so I am waiting for the Hanban's approval.

"additional recommendations from professors from my University" this is what we sent to local CI to make it easier for CI to write you an recommendation, so I don't think the host U wants to see additional recommendations besides the one that your local CI write.

"physical examination" This does not seem a relevant document to be sent to host U. In fact, we have to have the physical examination and international insurance after we got Hanban's approval. 

I think the biggest mistake we all do when applying is choosing the high ranked Universities in China, since we are not alone and others apply those Us as well, and they have limited capacity for newcomers.. etc. 

I agree with Voyager2014. For example, the first uni that I chose is the Fudan Univerisity which is at the 4th place in the list of china's top univerisities. But my choice could be easily justified by the fact that I naively believed to be accepted due to my high scores.........

I'm not saying that what I am doing is necessary, but it helped me to be accepted. Maybe someone will consider this advice next year. I am pretty sure that I am accepted now beause I reacted fast enough. And the fact that my uni is pretty low in this ranking (http://www.4icu.org/cn/) probably did help me a loot too. There is no one rule here, everyone has different story:)

Don't give up guys. Last year my first and second choice rejected me. I had been monitoring the status online and it was like this:

- first choice university application already closed

- second choice university cannot accept late application

- Hanban requests first choice university to reconsider application

...and it went on like this, then Hanban had to find a university that would accept me, and they did! I love this university, and it is still in the city I wanted to be in ao everything turned out great in the end.

Many CI departments prioritize applications from their sister universities, so I don't believe it's like if you have a high grade for HSK then you will get the university of your choice.

I really don't know how these top ranked universities make their choices because I have friends who are at e.g. Fudan, Tsinghua, and they are good students but their grades are as good as anyone. So that's a bit odd.