Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

I have contacted my first uni, as my status still on 申请进度:“奖学金资格评审中”- 不授予奖学金

(意见:该生汉语水平已超过一学年研修生培养目

标。奖学金名额有限,不予资助。) I contacted with my second choice uni and sadly they said they dont have the access to my application. I email to my first uni asking for my situation, but untill now they did not reply it. so now I am confused if first uni have reject or not so that second uni can have the access. My CI arent tat helpful like ur CI.. hmmm

Quan Hana, maybe, it makes sense to write to the Hanban? In our profiles we can find ''support service'': 

• 如遇系统使用问题,请联系:
  • E-mail:hanban_support@hanyu.open.com.cn
  • Tel:86-10-59301133
  • 如有招生问题,请联系接收院校或推荐机构

I don't understand, why does it take so long for univerisities to change the 申请status? Why have some of them already made a decision and others not? Are they waiting for the 26th of June?.......

Mari Piano - Your status says '推荐', is this correct? You don't need to worry about anything if that's what your status says.  There is a university below this status, and this is the university that has recommended you.

Guys, do not contact Hanban if there is no problem. You're just going to be a nuissance to them. That's just not cool. Imagine how many people have applied: thousands upon thousands and so imagine how many people are calling them everyday.

Monitor your status, it is important. You don't want it to change to 'rejected'.  If that happens, that is when you have a problem that you need to try to sort out.  But if your status is 'recommended', the next thing for you to wait for is further details from the university that has recommended you.  You can try to contact the university, to make sure they have your correct contact details, because they will use the contact details that you used in your application. If there have been any changes since then, make sure you let your recommended university know about this.

The recommending university has a Confucius Institute department. At this point, there is no need to contact the headquarters to find out if you got the scholarship. If you meet all the requirements and there is a university who has accepted you, there is absolutely nothing to worry about and you just need to be a little bit patient.

Quan Hana - Do you still have time to pick another course, e.g. MTCSOL?

Hey Gyus, my status has just changed ;( 推荐机构择优确认中 

I got recomendation status 2 weeks ago and it went back to the old 推荐机构择优确认中, what happened?? Can anybod explain that to me?

shuoshuo, is it possible I can change to MTCSOL? if I can change to mtcsol, then it will b really great. but I dunno, my CI didnt say anything, they just ask me to wait without giving any suggestion o solutions.. n the best part is, the one who r responsible with the scholarship told me, nevermind, u can apply again next year. tats quite frustrated... :-(

My status has changed to 录取!!! Looks like I should be in Xiamen Uni this upcoming school year assuming Hanban approves! :D  I'm so happy after having experienced the problems with the HSKK requirement and the maybe too-high HSK and everything else. Last night actually I emailed Xiada to see if they were already full or anything since the deadline was getting closer, so I wonder if that had anything to do with the sudden change when I checked this morning, or just coincidence? I didn't get a reply on the email so it may just be coincidence....

@igacave I had the same problem, talk to your CI. It may be a problem with your app, you should be able to fix it though if you talk to them.

@Quanhaha also maybe try talking to your CI? It seems like people have been able to change things if you ask them. Unless you already tried that, then maybe try contacting Hanban then?

• Like 1

igacave - Nothing for you to worry about just yet. I remember last year when so many of us here had applied, our status kept changing. Remember that the only problem is if your status changes to 'rejected' but I don't see how or why you would be rejected at this point. But try to contact your recommending university to confirm that they are supporting your application and that everything is alright.

Quan hana - Have you tried applying for other Chinese scholarships? There is only one week left for provincial or municipal and university scholarships. That way if your application for CIS is not successful, you have a backup. Your first choice university might still be willing to accept you for their MTSOL program.  If that doesn't work, call Hanban headquarters in Beijing and see if there is any way you can modify your application. Having an HSK 6 certificate is prestigious, so remind them that your Chinese ability is that good and that you deserve the opportunity. There is still time to fix things, so don't give up and just do whatever you can. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Hi,

I applied for a one-semester scholarship, and my status changed to this today:

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取 
(意见:同意录取。)
接收院校:厦门大学

I hope this is good news :)

@igacave  There's still time, I got my fingers crossed for you! Try emailing Xiamen Uni if you haven't, perhaps. Like I said, I'm unsure if the email I sent last night has anything to do with the status change this morning, but it can't hurt right? They may also have some insight about why your status went a step back too.

• Like 1

• New Members

please this is my status...

申请进度:“接收院校审核中”- 录取
(意见:经审核,申请者身份属实,材料齐全,准予录取 )

what does it imply??? please

@naruto kun, it means your application is accepted by the host university in China, now you have to wait for Hanban's approval which is the last step of the application process. some say it is just a formality if your local U and the Host U accept. Congratulations!

• Like 1

obscuritea - I don't see igacave's status change as a step back. It went from 'recommended' to 'confirming...'. If anything, it looks as though it is a step forward...

My status changed, too:

“接收院校审核中”- 录取

Yay! Looks like I may be going to Dalian for a year!

@shuoshuo: I think it is a step back, actually: after first applying, the status says: 'recommending institute is confirming'. After the CI recommends you, it adds the 'recommended'. The fact that the 'recommended' has deisppeared again is strange indeed. I agree with the others here that you should try to contact your CI, find out what's going on.

@Florine: Congrats, Xiamen University has accepted your application :-)

BTW, does anyone know if we can start a blog on this site? If I go to China, I would like to keep a blog of my experiences, and this seems like a good place to do it. I see a lot of blogs under the Blogs section, but no clue on how to start one yourself... :-)

@shuoshuo: you are probably right, this is the first time I've applied, you have more experience apparently!