Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

I also have another query. I am planning on traveling around China, and maybe some other asian countries after I finish up the semester, but I'm not sure about the dates yet and have not bought a return ticket as yet. Will my Visa application be rejected if I don't show them a return ticket?

hey guys, one more question. on the document that I have received from China it says recipient is required to purchase an insurance that the U cooperates. however, my u in US also wants me to get the one that they are working with.

I am pretty sure others will also have the same question. What should we do?

I thought the scholarship was supposed to cover basic insurance? Hm.

Also, my main question as I am trying look for flights since so many arrive late in the day, does anyone happen to know if universities would allow you to move into the dorm if you arrive in the evening? I'm assuming no. (I've already emailed my university about this, but am waiting on the answer. Their website only lists the registration days, not the times.)

I don't know about it but mine says I have to arrive there between August 25 and 27, otherwise my registration will fail. I think We can stick off campus few days right!

One more thing, The semester for my school seemed too short to me guys, it is lets say August 25th to January 9th. How about yours?

Yes, they will accommodate you even if you arrive in the evening. Just let them know in advance so they can make preparations for you if necessary.

Voyager2014 - Yes, that is correct. Did you notice that you will be studying for exams during Xmas and New Years? Heheh... ;)

About the insurance this is what I got:

V. Insurance

According to the regulations of the Chinese Education Ministry, the international students are required to pay 300 RMB per semester for the Chinese comprehensive insurance. Please visit the website: http://www.lxbx.net.for details

As Confucius scholarship students, you didn’t need buy insurance yourself. But you have to provide detailed information of your debit card (China Merchants Bank) to the teacher of international student office.

Is this for your school alone or for each and every CI student? This must be new because I didn't pay for this insurance (when I applied, they clearly stated that insurance was covered in the scholarship).

@Voyager2014  Yeah that's definitely a normal-length semester. My fall semester seems to come a bit later than everyone's, it's not until September 15!

And thanks for the reply shuoshuo. Today I got a reply back from my Xiada and they said I'd just have to stay in a hotel and register the next day if I was arriving after normal hours... so I guess some university's will be willing to accommodate you but not all.

Guys, I see most of you have already received all the necessary docs for visa from your chinese universities. I still have nothing. No e-mails from my Uni, no emails from my local CI. Is it normal? I wrote to my University asking when the academic year starts, and they didn't answer me. it seems they forgot about me)))

In fact! I tried to call them today, they didn't answer the phone. I will try again also tomorrow. Then, they responded to my questions like ''what adress they send the docs to'' by email, but they completely ignored the questions like '' when the university starts'' and ''when they will send the docs''. And it's already the second time they ignore this kind of questions! Now I understand very well the expression ''哭笑不得"))) Guys, also another question: for the present moment I am not living in my country of origin, does anybody know if there is a possibility to make a chinese visa in another country( ''in the third country'') which is not your native?

@mari piano: I haven't received my docs yet either, or any replies to my emails. I reckon if I don't get my docs by next week I'll contact my local CI, as they have some connections to the uni I'm going to.

Don't worry too much! I still think it's early days, there's still time to get everything organised :)

I don't have my materials yet either, but they're on their way. I got an email two days ago saying the university has sent the documents, and gave me a TNT tracking number. Package currently 100 km away, so should be here soon!

Reading this, I feel very lucky with my university! They always respond to e-mails, and even asked to confirm my address before sending, to make sure it went to the right place. Points in favour of LNNU!

@mari piano: did you email in Chinese? Did you take the time difference into account when calling? Can you find contact information specifically for scholarship/foreign students on the university site? Probably you've done all this already... :-) Good luck!

• Like 1

The CI school that accepted me replied immediately all the time (I was allocated to that university, it wasn't even my choice).  My choice universities never replied, not even when I had asked for information about the CI scholarship.  I just don't get schools like that, because there is always one person at least who is responsible for replying to these emails.  How inefficient.

My Chinese teacher once told me that he finds international students not persistent at all when it comes to emails.  For example, Chinese students will pursue their teachers to a very high extent, and foreign students will send one or two emails in one week...he finds that really strange and 'lazy' or 无所谓.  Call a million times, that's probably what they want you to do.  :lol:

They send your documents to the address you wrote on your application form.  If you wrote your home address, that's where they will send your documents.

If you have a Chinese embassy where you are, even if you are not in your country, it should not be a problem for them to issue you with a visa to China.