Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@shuoshuo:

Thanks for the tips. But will a physical examination done in your own country be acceptable for the Chinese PSB? I'm not even sure what they are going to test for, I hear in China they give you a chest X-ray, I don't think they'd do that here :) Also, the report would not be in Chinese. Any thoughts on this?

Yes. I did mine in my country (results were in English). When I got here they told me I didn't do one test (liver function test) so I had to do that here and that one thing costed half of the entire physical examination cost. So it was cheaper for me to have done everything here in China.

But if it costs less than mentioned to do the complete test in your country, it would save time, money and worry! :)

The results are given in Chinese and English if you do the test in China. I had mine done again a few months ago here for my CSC scholarship application. In Shanghai it takes about 1 week to book for an appointment, a few minutes to complete the entire series of test, and your results are given to you in about a week (very thorough!).

Most of the nurse and doctors in this department dealing with foreigners everyday can speak some English.

My friend's results were in Spanish and they accepted his medical documents. Perhaps they are trained to recognize the results in a variety of languages or med results are written in a universal code? :D

For all I know, one semester students don't need any medical certificate.

Guys, do they find too much fault with how the physical examination form is filled at Consulate? Simply, my doctor put a stamp on my photo but it got smeared, so now I don't know what to do. On the sides it's fine, but in the middle, where it comes to the photo itself, the letters are not readable. I'd just like to know if they are too severe with such things and I have to go and redo the certificate, or it could be fine. Could someone who already did a visa for China tell us his or her experience? if they're too strict at Consulate, if there's a possibility to encounter some problems during the process?

I have a question for those who get scholarship for master program. How hard it will be to pass the annual performance appraisal? Are they still using the 50%-30%-20% system? Or is it based on your first and second semester scores?

@Angelhws I found this article: http://cis.chinese.cn/article/2014-03/05/content_526605.htm

And it says:

"学习成绩:考查范围包括第一学期课程期末考试成绩、考查成绩和第二学期期中考试成绩。继续享受全额奖学金资格者,其各科学习成绩须全部达到“优秀”水平(90分);享受部分奖学金资格者,其各科平均成绩须达到“良好”水平(80分),其中成绩低于“良好”水平的科目不超过2门。"

I heard from a friend of a friend that he and many others didnt get shenghuofei for the second year as their grades werent good enough.

I have a friend who is taking the Master program! In the end of the second semester you have tо write some kind of preface for the thesis! It is really hard! The requirements are really high! If you don't pass you lose the scholarship! And also, you need to take HSK 6 (again)! It is the same if you dont pass! 

Is it just me or it is getting harder and harder every year for master students under confucius scholarship?

@xuefang thank you. I have read it too on cis website. I asked a student who got it on 2010 and they told me they got two year full year scholarship without annual appraisal. student on 2011 said there are 50-30-20 systems. And now you have to got scores above 90+ thesis preface + passed hsk 6.... omg....

Does it mean that they don't use 50-30-20 system anymore? at least that way, 80 percent students will still get the scholarship on second year.

I also got the csc scholarship which cover full two years but I decided to decline and accept confucius scholarship...

Mari Piano is correct - one semester students do not need to do their medical. Mari Piano, it depends on the person who verifies your documents but the picture isn't going to be much of a big problem because you will have the doctor's stamp on the documents anyway, plus you will have your passport with you. So the stamp on the picture shouldn't be an issue.

Fudan university is EXTREMELY strict. My friends who did masters there told me if you skip a module 3 times with no valid explanation or reason (esp. a note from a doctor if you are sick) they will force you to drop the module and you will have to take it a year later. In other schools where you are given a lot of chance to pass (and your teachers will even help you pass), Fudan seems to be one of those exceptions. Which makes it an excellent school to graduate from, but you will have to give it everything you've got from start to finish.

Angelhwz - Don't worry about anything. Just do your best and make sure the teachers recognize your efforts. The teachers' mission is to help you pass. They are not trying to fail anybody. I'm curious to know why you selected the CI over the CSC...care to share? I did the same thing last year but in my case it was just the one-year language program.

Just collected my forms from CI. Now there's more requirements-

Write an essay on my dream in china (500-1000 words)

Submit a video of you performing dance /song/ art in your native language

Please bring a gift about your hometown/ college

I also received that email. I responded that I didn't win the scholarship through the hanyu qiao competition so did I still have to do it. Apparently it is not optional. I was told that all scholarship winners must do this.

Personally I am unsure how a HSK2 scholarship winner is supposed to write 500-1000words in chinese when my vocab is only supposed to be 300 words!

It was one of the forms sent from Hanban. It's the first year they've done this. My lecturer said that she doesn't know the consequence of not doing it so we def should so it