Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

I emailed them in Chinese waking up every time at 3 am in order to catch them at their workplace)))IIndeed, on the website of my uni there is information, but I would like to get confirmation of it directly from my univeristy so that I can be completely sure. Well, there's nothing left for me to do but to wait and hope))) 

Thanks a lot, guys!!!

I sent in my dream of china essay and I'm freaking out reading about some of the late registration materials arrival stuff... I'm going to Nanjing Normal University in the fall for a one semester and I'm really scared that I won't get the materials in time for my family to book a flight with me. Or how flight booking works. 

Anyone done this with Nanjing Normal University? I don't seem much about it in the topics here. I picked it because it's the one that goes with the local CI's college partnership and I have some contacts there.

I'm going to Nanjing Normal University for a six month study with CIS scholarship... haven't gotten my materials yet and my teacher at CIS is not being very helpful. Has anyone else gone there? I would really like to get my materials soon so that I can start planning and book my flight(s).

Finally, I've got an answer from my Chinese University. They say that current delays in delivery of the documents necessary for the visa are due to too many requests for JW202 form on the part of all the universities of the province ( in my case, it's Shandong province), which can make the process of preparing the materials a bit longer. So, they don't know when I get them. 

Huina,maybe, the same is also with your docs. Have you already contacted your Chinese uni?

Anyway, I think they are aware that we still need to make the visa and so on, and it can take a good amount of time. Therefore, I believe they will send the docs soon so that we can be in time for our registration at Univerisity. So, don't worry, Huina! 

• Like 1

Yesterday I got an email from my university. They informed me that they have started applying for JW202 and that they probably will receive it in one month. Only then they are going to send it to me with the Admission Notice. However, few weeks ago they sent me copy of Admission Letter so I was sure that I am a student there. Thanks to that I could buy tickets much earlier and a bit cheaper. Today the uni confirmed my flight and wrote that they will pick me up from the airport. I was quite afraid that I will come 5 days before the school year starts but it wasn't a problem.

Now I hope that the documents will arrive soon enough to make a visa. But I think its nothing to worry abt, it takes 5-7 days to make a visa so we still have plenty of time!:)

• Like 1

Huina - My documents arrived very late last year but it did come in time.  If yours do not come in time and you only have days left for your visa application, try to get the school to fax your JW visa form directly to the embassy. That would have been my last resort.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I got my document but here is a questions

While reading "what should students do before arrival"

There was a point about "registration form of temporary residence" and "residence permit" anyone got any ideas what is it?

@Dianabutaeva: As far as I understand the student visa process, the visa you apply for at the embassy only gives you the entry into the country. Once you're there, you go to the PSB to apply for a temporary residence permit. Once you have that, you can stay for the period of your studies. I assume the 'registration form' is the form to apply for this permit and the 'residence permit' pertains to this temporary residence permit.

See also this page

Dianabutaeva - Your registration form of temporary residence will will be given to you by your university.  Or your dorm/hotel staff. You need it to apply for the residence permit.  You do not have to worry about that right now because your school will explain or help you with all that when you get to China. Just sort out your visa for now, and then you will have nothing else to worry about. :)

• Like 1

Hi guys.. I have a problem.. I won a one semester scholarship in Nankai univeristy in Tianjin for the second semester, so I guess that my invitation letter will arrive at least in december.. the problem is that few days ago my confucius institute called me to inform me that my invitation letter arrived. The problem is that the invitaion letter is for the first semester! I checked on my personal page, as suggested from the confucius institute, and I, in fact, applied for the second semseter. Also, my homepage says that  I won the scholarship for 2015. So, it's obvious that the mistake is Nankai Univeristy's, but I'm wondering if this might be a big problem. I'm worried that if I don't go in september, they will think that I refused the scholarship.. I emailed nankai university and I'm waiting for the reply.
I was wondering if someone had the same issue to solve and if someone did how he/she solved it. 
btw,also a friend of mine received the invitation for the first semester, but she also won the second semester scholarship in the same univeristy! Thank you all in advance!!!!

sara88t - You should be able to sort this out with no issues.  When I was informed of the scholarship last year, my university told me to confirm that everything and all the information was correct.  This is an obvious mistake on their part, so they should be able to correct it.  Nothing for you to worry about.  Just make sure your university corrects this so they can update Hanban.

Hey guys, any one here going to Jinan Daxue at Shandongs? My admission letter and visa application havent arrive yet, knowing how bad My country public delivery system is ( If it were up to me I would not entrusted them with delivering my trash from kitchen to the garbage can) I am getting more and more anxious.

I have been at My Chinese Consul office to ask about worst case scenario solutions, he informed me that is it posible to fax the documenst in order to obtain the x1 visa.

My question is: Has anybody done that alrady? Have anybody been in position where the documents arrived to late, or didnt arrive at all? Are there any options to tackle this problem?

My documents arrived late August last year, exactly one week before I had to leave. It was about one month after my school posted the documents (which means they posted my documents around late July). My backup plan was also to get the school to fax the documents to the embassy.

In my country it takes less than a week for the visa to be processed, and in urgent cases they can process the visa in one day.  So you need to know how long it will take for your visa to be processed, add one week, and that will be your personal deadline date.  If you haven't received your documents on the date you set, ask your school to fax the documents to your embassy.

• Like 1

Jinma, don't worry. I am going not to Jinan University, to another one but also in Shandong province. They say because of the fact that there're too many foreign students coming to study at universities of Shandong province this year, they are a bit late with documents. However, despite all this, the materials are going to be sent not later than the end of July. Thus, you'll be able to get them at the beginning of August, in one or two weeks after sending, I think.