Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@shuoshuo

As I have a lot of respiratory problems (i.e. asthma, etc ). It seems wiser to choose xiamen which will be warm most of the time rather than to get sick every winter. As for the university I got CSC, It is in the north (and no, I don't know what possessed me to apply there)

@Haro124

Did you get the email from your CI? Because I am wondering if it is a regulation from your CI or it is from Hanban as in from the headquarter in beijing.

hey guys, what is going on? I have accepted for one-semester scholarship and I have not gotten any email whatsoever. In fact, I have only received an reply for my email to the Host institute in China.

Who sent you those emails? 

@QuanHana: You may need to check your junk mail folder, my email was sent to junk mail.

Also another question, my email provided me with the school calendar, and they have different dates for when different students enrol (advanced students of chinese language, diploma students, advanced and new undergraduate students). What would a CI scholarship student come under? Thanks in advance!

My CI informed me as well about writing "My dream on China" and about all the othere things, I think it's mandatory! 

Guys, I've got accepted at Nankai University for the second semester, but I haven't recieved any e-mail from the university. Do you guys suggest to write an e-mail in order to know when I should arrive to be accepted, to arrive in the dorm, for the level exams... (the usual things)? Thank you guys and congratulations to everyone!!!

Thank you shuoshuo! I will then, hope not to bother anyone asking for information sooo early  :P  but as I'v seen that you all discussed, it's important for me as well to know early in order to buy tickets! 

Hey guys today I have received the official documents from China. They are delivered by DHL. 

just to clear the doubt many of you have here that I have not heard from them but just once when I email them if they know me. So no one sent me any email like Hora124 but I have got the jw202 and other forms today. 

So dont worry you get them sooner or later.

owh... some received by email some recieved by post right? Cant wait to get it as I wanna buy my plane ticket. The cost of the ticket increase from day to day. thnxs Voyager2014....

If master's degree students don't get 90+ from all courses they lose shenghuofei the second year, but I didn't ask about accommodation as I live outside the campus.

If we need to do thesis preface end of the second semester, we really need to start planning for it as soon as the school starts. This actually sounds like the same when I did my bachelor degree, we needed to write the 引言, research plan and combine a 参考文献 list as well.

I already have HSK6 from May 2013, would I still need to take it again? Hope they would pay for it...

• Like 1

Hey, everyone! I got the 2013 CI Scholarship and just got back home yesterday. Basically, you don't have to worry too much about anything. I recieved the documents in mid-late July by EMS to the adress I had filled in the application form. However, there was also an option that the documents could arrive directly to the Confucius Institute that I applied through. Once I got accepted I also recieved an email from the university, and then got the documents by mail. The uni only contacted me through email because I had to register online at their website, though. So I suppose some unis will contact you through email or by post or both, so no need to worry! Just relax for a bit and try to gather as much info about China as possible. (: (even outside of this forum!) Hope to see y'all in China in a few months!

I am also a 2013 CIS "alumni", thought I'd let you all know that my document was postedto me by regular mail and I received it a whole month after it was posted...that was in late August!