Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

Has anyone heard from the university at which they got accepted? I've been two weeks with this and I'm not sure whether I have to do something or just wait.

申请进度:“奖学金综合评审结束”- 授予奖学金 
(意见:经综合评审,授予一学年奖学金。请大学与学生确认。

Is it true that this year Hanban is not granting one year scholarships to all those with less than 250 marks on Hsk3? Most applicants at my school were accepted by the universities they applied to, but Hanban rejected them, it is only those above 250 which have been granted scholarships so far.

@lohkae by being rejected you mean Hanban's last decision? Aren't the final results from Hanban supposed to be out on June 15th? They may probably be rejected by their first choices but they still have their second ones right?

Yay! I got the scholarship!

申请进度:“奖学金综合评审结束”- 授予奖学金 
(意见:经综合评审,孔子学院总部决定授予一学年奖学金。请大学与学生确认,是否能够如期入学。)
接收院校:上海交通大学

Does anyone know how should I understand the "请大学与学生确认,是否能够如期入学。" part? Should I contact the university or wait for them to e-mail me first or something?
Anyone here also going to study at SJTU?  :wink: 

@foreigner2u

The universities accepted them but Hanban confirmed that they can not be funded. Some have received the final decision stating that they have been granted the scholarship, and those are the ones with 250 points and above on hsk level 3.

I dont mean to scare anyone, maybe this is only meant for people at my school, about 34 people applied for the scholarship, so perhaps to cut off the number Hanban decided to give scholarships to those with 250 and above. Some went through interviews, the universities confirmed that they were admitted and even let them send no criminal records,but just recently, they were denied by hanban.

My marks are over 250 and at the moment my status says:申请进度:“接收院校审核中”

(意见:超过规定工作时限,转第二志愿学校。)

Can someone please help me with this? What does this mean?

"申请进度:“奖学金综合评审结束”- 授予奖学金
(意见:经综合评审,孔子学院总部决定授予一学期奖学金。请大学与学生确认是否能如期入学。)"

@crisgee Should we contact our university when we get 授予奖学金??? My full status says 请大学与学生确认,是否能够如期入学 and I'm kinda worried about the last part. If so, should we write to them in English or Chinese? Thanks a lot   :D

@hoshinoumi our confucius institute told us that the university should contact us, otherwise we can contact them :) basically it's up to us wether we want to wait for them to contact us or write them ourselves.

By the way, I've been granted the scholarhip for Qingdao University, anyone else going there? 

@hoshinoumi I got the exact same status (请大学与学生确认,是否能够如期入学). I think that we are supposed to wait until the university gets in touch with us, as it does say "请大学与学生确认" and not "请学生大学确认". I'm also a bit curious about the last part though.. Classes only start in September, so I don't understand why they need to confirm if we are able to enroll in time. There's plenty of time till September to take care of the visa. Which university have you applied to?

hello!, i got this status today

“接收院校审核中”- 预录取
(意见:经审核,符合我校汉语研修生录取条件,拟录取。)

but what does the 意见 part mean? do i have to look over the university requisites again?

@loh kae

From which country are you from?

I'm from Peru, and a friend of my got her scholarship rejected yesterday. Her HSK score is 238, so I guess you were right.

Are you sure is just about 250 or more? Because Nanjing University has pre-admitted me, but I am still waiting for Hanban decission. My score is 266

Congradulations to all who already received confirmation and patience to those still waiting. I got my status updated last Friday, and connected with the uni. They told that they gonna mail visa papers shortly :)

@Virgy1994 I am going to Qingdao University as well :) nice to meet you! You for a year or semester?