Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship

Ren_st

@Crisgee and everyone else

If one had applied for a one year scholarship and Hanban rejects their scholarship due to marks which they consider as low, is that person able to apply soon after that for a one semester scholarship at a college which is still open for applications using Hsk level 3?

@stellave I shall add to what @pho said that your friend doesn't need to worry, as their application will be sent to the second choice. If they stated they could accept Hanban's suggestions, they will get somewhere even if the second choice was already full too.

• Like 1

Last week my status was 已确认,chinese university contacted me (asking for a letter of presentatisi that I sent) and they my status come back to 推荐机构择优确认中. No explanations. Anyone knows what I have to do? Please help me, I'm very anxious.

@bea93 its confusing because there are several stages between you, hanban and your institutions, hence why the message changes. Its either with hanban or the institution depending on what messages you have already received.

@baihua.

Thank you for your replay. I really don't know what I have to do, when the host university contacted me my status was '已确认' but than it comes back to '推荐机构择优确认中'. You know what can I do? I asked to my CI to approve my application again, he tryed this morning but the status has not change yet, I don't know why

@Systemmz I had 已确认 for more than a month, then 预录取 for about a week, and then 授予奖学金 four days ago. Don't worry though, I was really stressing out, because all my classmates were already accepted a month ago, and I was the last one left. There is really nothing to be stressing about ;)

• Like 1

@baihua.

Thank you for your replay. I really don't know what I have to do, when the host university contacted me my status was '已确认' but than it comes back to '推荐机构择优确认中'. You know what can I do? I asked to my CI to approve my application again, he tryed this morning but the status has not change yet, I don't know why

the same problem

@Bea93 Mine went from 推荐机构择优确认中 to  已确认 back to 推荐机构择优确认中. Its part of the course as it goes from Hanban, to institutions and possibly back again to be ratified. My CI told me there are 3 or 4 elements (the applicant, CI, Hanban and institution) and thats before ratification.

Fingers crossed for you, but fretting over it won't help it along.

• Like 1

@baihua

Thank you again! So in your opinion I have only be patient, right? I have to wait, my CI must do something? My CI said that if tomorrow my status hasn't changed yet it's better to contact Hanban. You think it is right? Your CI did something when the status come back? Thank you for your consideration!!!

Hi all, I have just joined this forum as I applied for a one year scholarship. My status changed to 已确认 on May 18th. I'm getting a bit worried now as there hasn't been any change. I email my first choice 2 weeks ago to see if there was anything I can do, but they just said I need to wait...

Anyone else still on 已确认?

@Ray_m: hoshinoumi is correct. You recommending institution (i.e. your Confucius Institute) is reviewing your application to see if all the information and requirements are complete. They may also be looking at your HSK/HSKK grades, Application Statement, language background, etc. If they approve all these, they will approve your application.

@stellave: pho and hoshinoumi are correct. The university has reached its quota for scholarship grants and they are now transferring your application to the second choice university

@Loh Kae: This is actually a question I still don't have an answer because of the new "no deadline" rule. Before, since there was a deadline, someone who was rejected  would be disqualified to apply for other scholarships for that year's application period. But now, it seems possible, with the use of a new username, to apply on the second half of the year for the March 2017 intake. You can even take a couple of HSKs to improve your score during that period. Anyway, I may have to e-mail Hanban about this. Let me get back to you on that. If anyone here has asked their CIs about it, let us know.

@Bea93: Does your CI know that the Chinese university contacted you and asked for that letter? What was the university's instruction to your CI? Maybe the CI is waiting for instructions from the university before that can recommend you again.

@crisgee

Thank you for your replay. I told to my CI that Suzhou university contacted me, they didn't know before. Suzhou university didn't give any instruction to my CI. On the other hand I think Suzhou university would accept me because they tell me to check my online status. My CI has already recommend me again, but I think there are technical problems because my status doesn't change.

today i finally got

“奖学金综合评审结束”- 授予奖学金
(意见:孔子学院总部同意授予一学年奖学金,请学校与学生确认是否按时入学。) It means i got the scholarship right? i am not missing any 否 right? :wall

uff, that was a hella lotta waiting tbh, i contacted my CI just in case,

because the brochures or papers are gonna be emailed to their address not mine :shock: